Presented drugs are included in one pharmacological group of drugs aimed at improving heart function. Used for prophylactic, therapeutic purposes for coronary disease, angina pectoris and other pathologies.
They have general indications for use, restrictions, have similar side effects and act on the same principle. They contain the same active substance in their composition, therefore they are analogues. If necessary, you can replace one tool with another. Both medicines are available in Russia.
Since these products contain the same active component, there is practically no difference between them. Minor differences include:
- Release form. Trimetazidine is available in the form of tablets and capsules, Preductal has only one dosage form.
- Cost. The price of Trimetazidine is an order of magnitude lower and is about 130 rubles per pack of 60 capsules. The product will cost 1,400 rubles.
Both drugs are equally effective and do their job well. Their advantage is that they are coated with a special substance that allows you to slowly release the medicine and evenly distribute it. This allows you to increase the effect of the drug for a longer time.
Since the cost of Trimetazidine is significantly lower, it is recommended that a choice be made in his favor. Efficiency will be the same, but money will be saved. After the first unpleasant symptoms appear, it is necessary to immediately consult a doctor. The sooner he can make a diagnosis, the faster he will be able to recover.
The heart is the most important organ in the body, so you need to seriously monitor its condition. Diseases associated with a violation of his work require immediate, and most importantly effective treatment. Among a large number of medications, many are beginning to get lost, which is better to get. Trimetazidine and Preductal are very popular in the pharmaceutical market.
Characteristics of the drug Trimetazidine
It is a medication that improves energy processes in the heart muscle and sensory organs. Able to eliminate the effects of oxygen deficiency, optimize the function of brain neurons, their metabolism. Supports rhythmic contractions of the heart, prevents a decrease in the intracellular energy source. In addition, it normalizes the amount of potassium ions, reduces the increased acidity and excess phosphates, and maintains the integrity of the membrane. Available in the form of film-coated tablets, capsules.
Indications for its use are:
- Coronary artery disease.
- Prevention of attacks of acute lack of blood supply to the heart muscle.
- Vascular disorders.
- Lack of coordination of movements, dizziness, nausea.
Contraindicated in the presence of the following factors:
- Severe renal failure.
- Acute liver disorders.
- Lactase deficiency, lactose intolerance.
- The period of bearing a child.
- Age up to eighteen years (no safety data).
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the composition.
The following side effects may be identified during administration:
- Dizziness, migraine.
- Involuntary oscillatory movements of any part of the body.
- Increased tone.
- Restriction of motor function.
- A sharp decrease in blood pressure when a person is in an upright position.
- Redness of the face caused by flushing.
- Failures in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Allergic reactions, including pruritus, nettle fever.
As a rule, these symptoms recede after stopping the medication. During the treatment period, care must be taken when driving motor vehicles and other activities that require an increased concentration of attention.
Characteristics of the drug Preductal
It is a medicine intended for the treatment and prevention of angina attacks and other diseases associated with impaired blood flow in cardiac ischemia. It ensures the healthy functioning of ion channels, the proper functioning of homeostasis. Suppresses the oxidation of fatty acids, due to which the myocardium is protected. Available in the form of coated capsules for sustained release.
Indications for use include:
- Long-term treatment of coronary heart disease.
- Prevention of attacks that occur due to lack of oxygen in the heart.
The main contraindications include:
- Increased susceptibility to the components of the composition.
- A disease of the nervous system, characterized by slow motion, trembling limbs.
- Pathologies of the kidneys of the acute stage.
- Intolerance to lactose, fructose, sucrose.
- Persons under the age of eighteen.
- Hepatic insufficiency of an active degree.
It is not recommended to take during pregnancy and breastfeeding. An exception may be individual cases discussed with your doctor. Use with caution for older people over 75 years of age.
From side effects can be detected:
- Abdominal pain, diarrhea, or constipation.
- Painful digestion.
- Headache, loss of balance.
- Impaired gait.
- Discomfort of the lower limbs at rest.
- Insomnia or drowsiness.
- Increased heart rate, pulse.
- Lack of air.
- Lowering blood pressure.
- Nettle fever, rash, itching.
- Fatigue, a feeling of general weakness.
- Instability of mood, lack of desire to work.
- Intolerance to loud sounds, bright light, pungent odors.