Both drugs are used to prevent diseases of the cardiovascular system. However, it should be borne in mind that Lokren has a longer effect, which gives him the opportunity to maintain a stable concentration in the blood.
According to the results of studies, it was revealed that Lokren significantly exceeds Concor in some of the following:
- The occurrence of angina attacks is suppressed.
- Reduces myocardial mass.
- It is much less likely to cause side effects.
It is worth noting that Lokren is a very young drug that has not yet managed to go through a large number of studies. For this reason, the drug is prescribed by doctors much less often than Concor. However, he has every chance of ousting Concor from the market in the future.
Despite all the advantages of the young analogue of Concor, one cannot call it the best option for diseases of the cardiovascular system. It all depends on the individual characteristics of the body, which only a specialist can identify.
In the modern market, absolutely every medicine has some kind of analogue. Drugs may have an identical composition, but this does not guarantee the similarity of their effects on the human body. The fact is that in addition to the content, the quality of component cleaning, which is different for each manufacturer, plays an important role .
These days there are many twin drugs, one of which is Lokren and Concor. They are very similar in composition and pharmacological effect on the human body, but they cannot be called absolutely identical for a number of reasons. This article will help you learn about all the differences between the above drugs and determine which one is best for you.
Lokren is a drug that prevents hypertension and the possibility of disturbances in the functioning of the heart. Its distinguishing feature is that it minimally interferes with the activity of the human body, affecting only the cardiovascular system.
The active ingredient of Lokren is betaxolol – an adrenergic blocker with weak membrane-stabilizing activity. Its key focus is lowering blood pressure and normalizing the patient’s heart rate.
- Lowering blood pressure both at rest and during exercise.
- Decrease and stabilization of heart rate.
- Reducing the volume of blood flowing from the heart to the great vessels (cardiac output).
All of the above properties of Lokren allow the patient to reduce the level of stress on the heart and, as a consequence, to protect his cardiovascular system.
Contraindications for use:
- Bronchial asthma.
- Heart failure.
- Cardiogenic shock.
- Metabolic acidosis
- Hypersensitivity to betaxolol (active ingredient of the drug)
- Lactose intolerance.
- The appearance of a rash, itching, urticaria.
- Dizziness, headache, insomnia.
- Diarrhea nausea vomiting.
In no case should you prescribe the drug yourself. Before use, be sure to consult a specialist.
Concor is a drug used to prevent and treat the cardiovascular system. Like Lokren, it has a minimal effect on the functioning of the human body, mainly affecting the heart.
The active substance of Concor is bisoprolol – an adrenergic blocker, which, unlike betaxolol (the active ingredient of Lokren), does not have membrane-stabilizing activity. Concor is prescribed to prevent the following diseases:
- Arterial hypertension, etc.
- Reduces myocardial oxygen demand.
- Reduces and stabilizes heart rate.
- Lowers and normalizes blood pressure.
- Intolerance to bisoprolol.
- Acute heart failure.
- Bronchial asthma.
- Impaired blood supply.
- A sharp decrease in blood pressure.
- Back pain and general weakness.
- Decreased potency.
- Rash and redness of the skin.
- Decreased platelet and white blood cell counts.
As in the case of Lokren, treatment is prescribed only by specialists. Before starting use, you should visit a cardiologist who will prescribe you a course.
What is common and what is the difference between Lokren and Concor?
These drugs have a lot in common, both in composition and in pharmacological properties. Lokren and Concor belong to the same group of selective beta1-adrenergic blockers.
The main similarities of the drugs:
- Both drugs come in the form of film-coated tablets.
- Identical active substance and excipient.
- The same indications for use – drugs are prescribed for similar diseases of the cardiovascular system.
- Cause similar side effects.
- Medicines are well absorbed by the body.
- The price of drugs is approximately identical.
It is also worth noting that Lokren positions himself as a substitute for Concor, which once again confirms the similarity between these drugs.
Despite all the similarities between Lokren and Concor, they cannot be called absolutely identical to each other.
The main differences between these drugs are:
- Different dosage of the active substance.
- Concor in its composition has an anhydrous form of sodium hydrogen phosphate.
- Lokren has a longer duration of action.
- Unlike Concor, Lokren has a more stable plasma concentration due to his own. more related to receptors.