Suppositories are used in preparation for the operation to eliminate hemorrhoids in the anorectal region. They are used as part of complex therapy of thrombosed or operated hemorrhoids.
Children under 12 years of age, the use of suppositories is contraindicated. Methods of application, these release forms have different:
- Ointment can be used both externally and internally. It is applied to the inflamed areas up to four times a day with a thin layer. After the pain syndrome goes away, it is enough to apply 1 time per day for a duration of 7 days. For convenient introduction of ointment into the cavity of the rectum, a special tip is present in the package. Thanks to him, the introduction of the ointment is quick and painless. By pressing the tube, the ointment passing through the tip enters the cavity of the rectum.
- Suppositories are used rectally, by entering into the rectum after defecation once or twice a day.
The concentration of active substances, these forms also differ. Heparin sodium in suppositories contains more than 1 gram of ointment, less prednisone, and the same amount of polydocanol.
The ointment contains more hormonal substances and helps with rectal fissures. With external hemorrhoids, the effectiveness is high, as it quickly relieves pain and itching and is applied regardless of bowel movements. Suppositories work well with the internal inflammatory process, hemorrhoidal nodes, since a higher content of sodium heparin contributes to the rapid dilution of blood in the hemorrhoidal nodes and the removal of the inflammatory process. Ointment and suppositories are convenient to use, have passed clinical trials and have proven themselves among patients of different ages, regardless of gender.
The main thing to remember is that it is better to start treatment at the first manifestations of the disease and not bring it to surgery. Surgery to remove nodes is a rather painful process and a long rehabilitation after.
With thrombosis of the vessels of the rectum, a hemorrhoid disease occurs, accompanied by inflammation. The dilated veins form nodes in and around the rectum. Hemorrhoids bring pain, cause itching and heaviness in the anal area. Hemorrhoidal bleeding is also possible. Usually, the disease develops slowly and in stages. The loss of nodes also does not occur immediately, but at a later stage of the disease. The disease has several stages. At the first, drug treatment is possible, with the latter surgical. In the market for the production of medicines, there are many drugs in the form of ointments, creams, tablets and suppositories for the treatment and removal of symptoms of hemorrhoids. Consider the effectiveness and composition of the drug “Hepatrombin G”, produced by the Serbian pharmaceutical company in the form of ointments and suppositories.
Hepatrombin G ointment
The ointment has a yellowish-white color, is combined and contains:
- Heparin sodium (direct anticoagulant). It is first isolated from liver tissue. In medicine, it is used in the treatment of thromboembolic diseases and supports the liquid state of the blood. It inhibits the activity of the blood coagulation system, eliminates exudation in the area of inflammation and moderate anti-inflammatory effect. It has regenerative, healing activity on connective tissue. One gram of ointment contains 65 IU of sodium heparin.
- Prednisolone Acetate (synthetic glucocorticoid). It inhibits the production of white blood cells and macrophages at the site of inflammation. Reduces capillary permeability. It has an antihistamine effect and relieves swelling and itching in the inflamed area. One gram of ointment contains 2.233 mg of prednisolone acetate.
- Polydocanol (lauromacrogol 600) is a venosclerosing and local anesthetic substance. Denatured proteins, and causes thrombosis of the hemorrhoid, followed by obliteration (closure) of its lumen. One gram of ointment contains 30 mg of polydocanol.
This form is available in aluminum tubes of 20 g in a package with a tip.
“Hepatrombin G” candles
The composition of the candles is identical to the composition of the ointment. True concentration of substances is different. One suppository contains:
- Heparin sodium-120 IU.
- Prednisolone Acetate – 1.672 mg.
- Polydocanol-30 mg.
Suppositories of 5 pieces per pack are available.
Common between two forms
“Hepatrombin G” ointment and suppositories have general indications for use:
- They are used for internal and external hemorrhoids (with the formation of external nodes and without).
- With thrombosis with inflammation of the vein wall and the formation of a thrombus that closes its lumen.
- Fistulas (channels connecting the body cavity). For example, pus, formed as a result of the decay of the inflammatory focus, makes its way out in the form of a fistula. After the elimination of the inflammatory process, the fistula heals.
- Eczema and itching in the area.
- Cracks in the anus.
“Hepatrombin G” has the same contraindications as all medicines:
- Allergic unforeseen reactions.
- Bacterial, viral and fungal skin lesions.
- Oncological tumors in the anorectal area.
- Manifestation of reactions after administration of vaccines.
- First trimester of pregnancy
Storage conditions for both forms of release are the same from 15 to 25 degrees. They are dispensed in pharmacies without a doctor’s prescription. They do not affect driving and you can engage in activities that require special attention.