The drugs in question belong to one pharmacological group. Their active substances are aimed at improving the motility of the muscles of the gastrointestinal tract . There are also some similarities in the indications, contraindications, side effects. Both drugs act on brain receptors.
Despite the similarities presented, these drugs have differences:
- Active substance . Due to the different active component, the effect on the body is slightly different. Ganaton significantly affects motility, Motilium for the most part suppresses vomiting, nausea.
- Dosage Forms . The first drug has only a tablet form of release. Motilium can also be purchased in suspension.
- Country of origin, price . Ganaton is a German drug, the cost is about 750 rubles per package. The second tool is available in Russia, costs 650 rubles.
- Speed of action . The effect of the German medicine occurs 30 minutes after application. Domestic remedy begins to act in an hour.
Both drugs are highly effective , so it is difficult to say which of them is better. Motilium’s advantage is the variety of release forms, which allows everyone to choose the option that suits them. Another advantage can be attributed to the use of children from the age of five.
The medicines presented are available on the doctor’s prescription form. This suggests that it is better not to self-medicate. If unpleasant symptoms occur, you should consult a doctor who will prescribe the necessary examinations and prescribe a suitable medication.
The fast pace of modern life allows few people to eat right and regularly. Due to lack of time, many have a snack on the go, while the quality of the food suffers. Often this is the cause of disturbances in the gastrointestinal tract. Therefore, to improve it, certain medications are taken. Ganaton and Motilium were very popular among them.
Characteristics of the drug Ganaton
It is a medicine designed to increase tone, improve the reduction of the gastrointestinal tract. Its active substance specifically affects the upper digestive organs, accelerating the process of promoting food. Available in the form of white tablets, film-coated.
Indication for use is the treatment of pathologies of the digestive tract associated with impaired gastric motility:
- Quick glut.
- Feeling of heaviness after eating.
- Pain, discomfort in the epigastric region.
- Poor appetite.
- Burning sensation under the sternum.
- Nausea, vomiting.
Also used to treat chronic gastritis, dyspepsia.
It is forbidden to use in the presence of the following factors:
- Violation of patency of the upper gastrointestinal tract, as well as its bleeding.
- Violation of the integrity of the intestinal mucosa.
- The period of pregnancy, breastfeeding.
- Children under the age of sixteen.
- Individual intolerance to the constituent components.
Use with caution in the elderly, as well as persons whose immunity is sensitive to acetylcholine.
Side effects may occur during use:
- Violation of the stool.
- Increased salivation.
- Increased laboratory parameters of the liver.
- Decrease in the level of leukocytes, platelets.
- Dizziness, migraine.
- Skin rashes.
- Increased prolactin hormone.
- Icteric staining of the skin.
During the treatment period, caution must be exercised in those activities that require an increased concentration of attention, which is associated with possible dizziness.
Characteristics of the drug Motilium
It is an antiemetic drug of central action that stimulates the motility of the digestive system. Available in the form of absorbable coated tablets, suspensions.
Thanks to the active component, it has the following properties:
- Running motility of the upper sections.
- Getting rid of discomfort due to indigestion.
- Speeding up food promotion.
- Suppressing feelings of nausea.
- Getting rid of fast saturation.
The main indications for use are:
- Violation of the processes of digestion of food.
- Slow emptying of the stomach.
- Throwing the contents of the stomach into the esophagus.
- A disease of the esophagus, accompanied by inflammation of its mucous membrane.
- Increased gas formation.
- Nausea, vomiting, heartburn.
- Feeling of heaviness, abdominal pain.
This medication has many contraindications, in the presence of which the reception is not allowed:
- Benign tumor of the anterior pituitary gland.
- The simultaneous use of antibacterial drugs.
- Bleeding of the digestive tract.
- Disturbed motor function of the stomach.
- Pathologies of the liver of varying severity.
- Body weight up to 35 kg.
- Violation of the metabolism of amino acids.
- Age up to twelve years (suspension is allowed from five years).
- The period of pregnancy, lactation.
Use with caution in case of problems with the kidneys, heart.
Among the unwanted side effects may include:
- Depressive states, anxiety, nervousness, irritability.
- Decreased sexual desire.
- Migraine, dizziness, sleepiness.
- Dry mouth.
- Discharge from the mammary glands, their excessive sensitivity.
- Breast enlargement in men.
- Violation or termination of menstruation.
- Chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Urinary retention.
After the occurrence of such reactions, it is necessary to reduce the dosage or stop taking it by contacting a doctor.