The drugs in question are included in the same pharmacological group of drugs used for heart dysfunction. Some contain the same active substance, therefore they are analogues. If necessary, it is allowed to replace one product with another.
Endowed with general indications for use, contraindications, cause similar side effects. You can only get them on the doctor’s prescription form.
In addition to these common properties, there are some differences between them. Among them are the following:
- Country of origin. Cordarone is a French drug, Amiodarone is available in Russia.
- Cost. Due to the fact that Kordaron has foreign production, its price is much higher. This is due to the use of better raw materials in the production.
- Composition. The preparations contain the same active substance, but different auxiliary components, so the effect on the body may differ.
If we talk about the choice between these medicines, it is recommended to give preference to the French drug, despite the higher cost. There is some evidence that it is more easily tolerated by the body and less likely to cause side effects. This is confirmed by the reviews of patients who underwent treatment with this medication.
Also, its advantage is that it is available in ampoules, completely ready for administration. Amiodarone must first be diluted to prepare a solution.
Do not forget that self-treatment is not allowed. Only a doctor can correctly prescribe the necessary drug, depending on the individual characteristics of the patient’s body.
An increase in heart rate occurs for a variety of reasons. This can be influenced not only by physical activity, emotional stress, but also serious illnesses. Treatment of this condition involves the use of medications. On the positive side, Cordaron and Amiodaron have proven themselves.
Characterization of the drug Cordaron
It is a drug used for heart rhythm disorders. In addition, it helps to stop and prevent angina attacks, improves myocardial blood supply due to the expansion of arteries, reduces the load on the heart. Available in the form of tablets, injections for intravenous administration.
Indications for its use are:
- Stopping attacks of ventricular and supraventricular tachycardia with high-frequency contractions.
- Congenital anomaly in the structure of the heart associated with impaired conduction of the heart between the atria and ventricles.
- Atrial fibrillation.
- Emergency care for cardiac arrest.
Contraindicated in the following cases:
- Individual intolerance to iodine, as well as active and auxiliary components.
- Sinus bradycardia, disturbance of intraventricular conduction in the absence of a pacemaker.
- Reduced concentration of potassium and magnesium in the blood.
- A significant decrease in blood pressure.
- A sharp drop in blood pressure, life-threatening.
- Extreme degree of heart failure.
- Violation of the thyroid gland.
- The period of pregnancy, breastfeeding.
- Persons under the age of eighteen (insufficient safety data).
Use with caution in the elderly, as well as in liver failure.
Possible adverse reactions:
- Slowdown of cardiac activity.
- Lowering blood pressure.
- Strengthening arrhythmias (extremely rare).
- Active thyroid production of thyroid hormones.
- Spasm of the bronchi, dry cough, shortness of breath.
- Sensation of heat, increased sweating.
- Pain of the lumbosacral spine.
During treatment, it is advisable to refuse to drive vehicles, as well as work that requires an increased concentration of attention.
Characterization of the drug Amiodarone
It is an antiarrhythmic drug used to stop and prevent angina attacks. In addition, it improves blood circulation, reduces the effect of adrenaline on the cardiovascular system, and also reduces the oxygen demand of the myocardium. Available in the form of tablets, concentrate for the preparation of solutions.
Indications for use are:
- Prevention and treatment of paroxysmal tachycardia.
- Ventricular and supraventricular arrhythmias.
- Complete asynchronous contraction of individual ventricular myocardial fibers.
- Arrhythmia due to the presence of an additional focus of heart pulse generation
- Atrial flutter.
- Arrhythmia caused by coronary or chronic heart failure.
- Attacks of pain in the heart area arising from insufficient blood supply.
- Sinus bradycardia (in the absence of a pacemaker).
- A sharp decrease in left ventricular function.
- Low potassium content
- Significant decrease in blood pressure.
- Thyroid insufficiency.
- Chronic lung tissue disease.
- Pregnancy, lactation.
- Increased susceptibility to incoming substances.
Among the side effects can be identified:
- An increase in existing arrhythmia.
- Lowering blood pressure
- Cough, difficulty breathing.
- The formation of scar tissue in the lungs.
- Nausea, vomiting.
- Decreased appetite, dull taste buds.
- Feeling of heaviness, pain, discomfort in the abdomen.
- General weakness, migraine, dizziness.
- Hand shake.
- Restless sleep.
- Sensation of veil before eyes in bright light.
- Rashes on the body.