The presented medications belong to the same pharmacological group of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs . Endowed with general indications for diseases of the musculoskeletal system, contraindications, have similar side effects. Used to relieve inflammation, reduce pain, reduce temperature. Both drugs are prescription drugs, so you can buy them only as directed by your doctor. They have domestic production.
Besides the listed general parameters, there are some differences between them.
- Composition . Preparations contain various active and auxiliary components.
- The mechanism of work . They have a similar principle of action on the body, but due to the different composition, the mechanism may be somewhat different.
- Release form . Diclofenac is available in the form of tablets, gel, ointment, solution for intramuscular injection, eye drops, rectal suppositories. Aceclofenac is in the form of tablets, cream, powder for the preparation of suspensions.
- Price . The cost of packaging the first drug of 20 tablets will be about 70 rubles. Aceclofenac will cost more – about 140 rubles for the same package.
Both drugs have proven themselves as effective, effective drugs. In the event that one of the drugs does not work, it can be replaced, since they have a similar principle of action.
There is some evidence that Aceclofenac causes fewer side effects than its counterpart. In addition, there is an easier tolerance of this medication.
Treatment with drugs of this group should be as short as possible, since they can negatively affect the gastrointestinal tract. Therefore, during admission, it is recommended to additionally take medications that protect the gastric mucosa. Also, do not forget that only a doctor can prescribe them after carrying out all the necessary examinations.
It often happens that conventional medicines can not cope with an existing disease, therefore, more powerful therapy is required. Most often, this is due to joint pathologies . The modern pharmaceutical market is filled with a huge number of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, so a person begins to get lost in choice. Among them, the most common are Diclofenac and Aceclofenac.
Characteristics of the drug Diclofenac
It is a drug that has a pronounced anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antipyretic effect. The mechanism of work is associated with inhibition of inflammatory mediators. With rheumatic pathologies, it helps to reduce pain in the joint at rest or in movement, relieves stiffness in the morning, and increases the range of motion. In addition, it is effective in pain after operations, injuries, eliminates swelling.
The main indications for degenerative or inflammatory diseases of the musculoskeletal system are:
- Rheumatoid, chronic arthritis.
- Ankylosing spondylitis.
- Inflammation of the synovial sac, accompanied by abundant accumulation of fluid.
- Osteoarthrosis, including damage to articular cartilage.
- Joint inflammation due to accumulation of uric acid crystals.
- Pinched sciatic nerve.
Other areas of application:
- Postoperative and post-traumatic pain with concomitant inflammation.
- Painful menstruation.
- Inflammation of the uterus
- Infectious and inflammatory pathologies from the ears, nose, and larynx.
Contraindicated in the following cases:
- Increased susceptibility to incoming components.
- Exacerbation of erosion of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Pregnancy, age up to eighteen years (with intramuscular injection).
During the reception, adverse reactions can be detected:
- Cutting pain in the abdomen.
- Violation of the stool, nausea.
- Decreased appetite, weight loss.
- Violation of the liver.
- Migraine, dizziness.
- Fatigue, tendency to sleep.
- Sensory impairment.
- Violation of the blood circulation of the brain.
- Apathy, depressive states, increased irritability, mental disorders.
- Decreased vision, hearing, tinnitus.
- Skin rashes.
Characteristics of the drug Aceclofenac
It is a drug that helps relieve inflammation, eliminate pain, reduce temperature. Available in the form of tablets, powder in bags for the preparation of suspensions, cream.
Among the main indications are:
- Autoimmune disease of the connective tissue of inflammatory etiology with damage to small and large joints.
- Psoriatic, gouty arthritis.
- Chronic joint inflammation diagnosed in children under sixteen years of age.
- Ankylosing spondylitis.
- Degenerative-dystrophic joint disease with concomitant destruction of cartilage tissue.
- Erosion and stomach ulcers.
- Bleeding in the digestive tract.
- Bronchial asthma with concomitant nasal polyps.
- Poor blood coagulation.
- Acute liver failure.
- Kidney disease in the acute stage.
- High potassium content.
- Period of pregnancy.
- Persons under the age of eighteen.
- High sensitivity to incoming substances.
The drug is not safe enough and can cause unwanted adverse reactions, with the strengthening of which it is necessary to reduce the dosage used. Among them can be identified:
- Unpleasant feelings in the abdomen, pelvis.
- Nausea, gag reflexes.
- Difficulty in digestion, feeling of heaviness.
- An increase in liver blood counts.
- Acute bleeding from the upper digestive tract.
- Diarrhea or constipation.
- Acute hepatitis.
- Headache, dizziness.
- Sensation of anxiety, insomnia.
- Skin rashes, nettle fever.
- Decreased platelet count, white blood cells.