The most useful meat for kids is beef . Pediatricians recommend introducing it into the diet as early as 7-8 months. But the trouble is, beef is quite tough meat, and even three-year-old “teeth” can not always chew it. However, if you cook beef baked in the oven, it will not only be soft and juicy, but will also retain its valuable properties.
The benefits of baked beef for a child
Beef is the meat of cattle – a cow or a bull. Due to the characteristics of the digestive system of these animals, their muscles accumulate a huge amount of iron. And the older the animal, the more iron will be in the meat.
Beef is also a source of amino acids, vitamins, trace elements and minerals, which are necessary for:
- normalization of acidity in the stomach and intestines;
- increase hemoglobin in the blood;
- regulation of blood formation;
- building cells and tissues.
Beef has a high nutritional value – this meat is best and most quickly absorbed by the children’s body, without clogging the intestines.
When baked, the meat is often shredded or rubbed with garlic. He has the following actions:.
- prevents infection with helminths;
- resists fungal microflora;
- protects against viruses;
- does not allow inflammatory processes to develop
Garlic also reduces stress on the heart, boosts immunity and is an excellent antioxidant.
You can bake beef with vegetables, then their useful properties will be in the finished dish.
Recommendations for the preparation and introduction into the diet
- For baking, meat cut from the outer part of the rump or the front of the breast is best suited. When choosing beef, always pay attention to the color and cut of the meat.
- Too pale meat indicates that the animal was unhealthy, too bright a color – that after slaughter they did not bleed blood, or that this animal was not slaughtered for food purposes, but simply died. If the incision oozes with blood or a mother of blood – this means that the animal was cut in agony. Do not take such meat in any case; it is only harmful from it.
- Good beef can be of different colors – from bright red to burgundy. It depends on the age of the animal – the younger it is, the lighter the shade will be. On a section muscle fibers are very well visible. If you press on such meat, it does not ooze and immediately straightens back. Good meat should not have any specific odors; in young calves, it may smell slightly like milk.
Important! Always ask if it is cow or bull’s meat. The fact is that calves are originally raised for meat. And if the cow, which should give milk, lies on the counter – not the fact that this animal was healthy.
When baking beef in an oven or slow cooker, remember that at first the meat can be slightly fried – it will turn out juicier.