An advertisement for a very famous shampoo for children shows us a child who is happy to wash his hair. Only in reality, many kids resist this “scary” procedure and agree to it only after much persuasion.
If you are familiar with this situation, do not despair.
Use our recommendations – and the baby will start to like swimming and washing his hair without tears, stress and moods.
- Wash your hair in a good mood. Before water procedures, feed the baby well, make sure that he is healthy and not tired, otherwise he will become capricious during bathing. Go to the bathroom when both of you are in a good mood: washing your head will become associated with a pleasant pastime with the crumbs, so the whims will soon pass.
- Try another shampoo. It is possible that the past remedy pinched the child’s eyes, and now he is simply afraid that the unpleasant sensations will recur. Buy a baby shampoo that says “no tears” – these do not irritate the eyes.
- Cover your little ears. The cause of tears and moods can also be water, which gets into the ears when rinsing the head, causing discomfort. In this case, cotton balls will help, with which you need to close your ears before bathing.
- Use a special visor for washing your hair. This is an excellent remedy against moods during bath procedures. The visor will reliably protect the face and eyes of the baby from soap foam, and streams of water flowing down the grooves will distract and entertain him in the bathroom.
- Wash your hair properly. Ask the child to look up so that water does not get on his face, at this time, water yourself a head from the forehead to the back of the head.
- Let the child do it all by himself. Let him feel like an adult and try to wash his hair: he will wet his hair, lather with shampoo, and wash off the foam with water. The kid will understand that washing your hair is not at all scary, so this procedure will cease to cause moods. Say that he is already big enough to worry about such a trifle as washing his head, everyone is washing her. Encourage him. Arrange for him “bridegroom” – show your grandmother or dad that he knows how to wash his hair like adults.
- Come up with protection. Have a child in the bathroom wear a diving mask or swimming goggles. In such a funny way, you protect the face and eyes of the child from soap suds and give him a sense of security. After all, the right emotional attitude is very important when accustomed to washing your hair.
- Play with foam. Children love games: lather the baby’s head a little and offer to make funny shapes out of foam – horns, a crown, a scallop, like a cockerel. Then show the child his reflection in the mirror – and he will be convinced that this is a very fun activity. Let the child react according to the situation: if the lion, then growls, if the cockerel – then crowing, etc.
- Comment on what is happening. My child’s head, explain to him what and why you are doing. It is even better to sing at this time a fun “bathing” song or read a poem.
- Bathing day. When telling the baby about the benefits of personal hygiene, invite him to arrange a bathing day with one of his dolls or toys. Teach your child to wash their heads with all the wards. Please note that none of the dolls was afraid to wash their hair.
- Flower. Tell your child that you will play a flower with him while swimming. Prepare a baby watering can or small jug. Explain to the baby that the flower needs to be watered so that it grows strong and beautiful. First, you can offer the baby to pour water on himself.