Most often, the doctor in such cases prescribes complex therapy, which necessarily includes antitussive drugs. Quite often during this period, Stodal is appointed , having a wide spectrum of action.
If a cough occurs during pregnancy, it is recommended to fight it as soon as possible, choosing the most suitable and safe methods.
Before using the drug, you should immediately familiarize yourself with the instructions, contraindications, side effects.
If necessary, you can read the reviews on the forums, the information will help to make up your mind about the effectiveness of the medication.
The composition of the drug
The active active ingredients of the drug are only natural substances, which explains the safety of its use by women expecting a baby.
Stodal is available in the form of a transparent syrup with a pleasant sweetish taste and a sweetish smell, it contains the following active ingredients:
- pulsatilla (sleep-grass) – the action of the substance is aimed at combating inflammation, as a result of its use, headache and runny nose are reduced);
- Rumex (sorrel) – has an anti-inflammatory effect, weakens cough;
- bryonia (a plant of the pumpkin family) – anesthetizes, reduces the viscosity of sputum, fights pneumonia, bronchitis and tracheitis);
- Ipeca (emetic root) – suppresses spasms;
- toast spongia (sea sponge) – reduces hoarseness, swelling, has antispasmodic properties;
- stick of pulmonaria (grass from the lichen family) – helps bet a strong chest cough, sneeze, eliminates tearing, headache);
- antimonium tartaricum – provides secretion of mucus in diseases of the lungs and convulsive cough;
- myocardium – has expectorant properties;
- coccus cacti (extract from insects that live on cacti) helps with a wet cough;
- drozer (grass sundew) – reduces spasmodic dry cough, which is accompanied by a tickling sensation in the throat.
Excipients : 96% ethanol, benzoic acid, caramel, Polygal syrup, Tolu syrup, sucrose syrup.
Ethanol is used as a solvent, the substance helps to “extract” extracts from plants and increases the effectiveness of the drug as a whole.
The drug is prescribed in the presence of the following indications :
- bacterial and viral diseases of the throat, the course of which is accompanied by a cough;
- sputum in the bronchi, which provokes inflammation, as a result of which there may be a need for antibiotic treatment;
- cramps in the throat, which are accompanied by allergies.
Positive effects on the body
The main advantage of a homeopathic remedy is the natural origin of the components, a unique combination of unique extracts provides a quick effective fight against cough of various origins.
On the third day, the active separation of sputum begins, even after the same period of time it is possible to completely get rid of wheezing.
In the absence of effect within seven days of treatment, the drug is replaced by an analog.
What is the danger (and is it dangerous?) Of the drug for pregnant women?
Despite the effectiveness and other advantages, Stodal has the following contraindications :
- intolerance to individual components;
- congenital cealicia, sucrose-isomaltase deficiency, cystic fibrosis, hypersensitivity to fructose – all these pathologies are accompanied by an inability of the intestine to break down carbohydrates.
The special instructions included in the annotation also play an important role, caution must be observed in the following situations :
- a ban on treatment with alcohol-containing drugs – with a predisposition to alcoholism, epilepsy, liver diseases;
- diabetes – when calculating carbohydrates, it should be borne in mind that 15 mg of syrup corresponds to 0.94 “bread units”.
The drug is not toxic, but its administration may be accompanied by side effects, such anomalies include an allergic rash, the consequences of which are swelling and itching.
Dosage and duration of administration
The use of Stodal under the supervision of specialists practically does not cause complications, the syrup is less dangerous for a pregnant woman in comparison with a protracted cough, which is accompanied by an increased tone of the uterus and tension of the peritoneal wall, which creates a threat of miscarriage.
Before using the medicine, it is necessary to consult with a doctor who will establish the need for therapy based on the woman’s condition, specific disease, its stage and symptoms.
The standard single dose is 5 ml 3-5 times a day, the dosage for pregnant women may vary depending on the duration of pregnancy.
Stodal, like many homeopathic medicines, is allowed to be taken during breastfeeding, it does not have sharp smells, the taste of milk does not change during treatment.
In the first trimester
During this period, it is recommended to take a children’s dosage of the drug – 1 tsp. 3 p. per day.
In the second and third trimesters
In the second and third trimesters, the dosage should not exceed 30 ml (1 dess. L. 3 r. Per day);
The selection of antitussive drugs is carried out taking into account the duration of pregnancy and the presence of aggravating ailments.
In the early stages, increased caution should be exercised so as not to harm the processes of formation of vital systems and organs.
In the first trimester, Stodal can be replaced with Ekabal, Sinekod syrups, in the second and third should be taken Bronchipret, Herbion.
During pregnancy, it is recommended to give preference to herbal medicines, a suitable analogue will help the doctor choose.