Mental health – a concept that combines normal behavioural, social and emotional state. These components are linked together and provide each other with clear effect. For example, a quarrel may result in a deterioration of the emotional state – anger, depression.
A mentally healthy person is able to control his behavior, emotional reactions.
A mentally healthy person is able to control himself in various situations. If she is experiencing anger, you can repress it, and the joy to share with others.
Emotional well-being of children the issue is important, so we shall discuss it in more detail.
All people must face daily troubles, obstacles of various kinds. Mentally healthy person can successfully cope, he realizes the situation and tries to correct it, to affect it (control) and Express appropriate circumstances of feelings.
However, a small child is weak control over their emotions, as yet unable to define and Express.
Often it is difficult to cope with their feelings, because they cannot articulate them, or he can not quickly overcome, overcome negative experiences, so long as he is offended, becomes angry.
He does not understand how to behave in an unusual, stressful situation for him that breeds anxiety, and disorientation. For example, the bereavement is experienced is very difficult and can be a psychological trauma. The baby doesn’t know how to act, to react, so experiencing fear, pain, sadness may show apathy and indifference.
The task of parents – to teach him to understand your own feelings, emotions.
You need to do with the baby, to talk about human emotions, feelings and about the circumstances under which they occur. Sometimes a baby behaves in a hostile and aggressive toward adults, thereby causing confusion and harsh reactions of others, but you can try to resolve the conflict otherwise. For example, a child refuses to do homework, the family can move the focus from school to the personality of the student: “You must be tired today, because you so much effort to give the study, at the same time it’s hard for me to talk to you, if you are angry. I did something wrong?” This brings the conversation to a new plane and the child understands that can be opened, to share their troubles, he feels that his experiences are significant for the family.
Parents are able to help him learn to determine their emotional well-being, this can be hung in a room schedule calendar in which each day will be marked in a different color that expresses his condition.
The child’s behavior is mediated not only by situation, but also his feelings, emotions, and, therefore, they manifest themselves in his actions. Sometimes he can’t control his actions (doesn’t want to clean up toys, do homework). The task for adults is to help the student intelligently, systematically organize your time; to promote the formation of arbitrary behavior.
The next component of the mental health communication (communicative skills), children interact daily with many people for a variety of reasons (e.g., chatting in the transport conductor, teacher), therefore, they are almost always in a team, learning the regulations, samples and rules of behavior, but the greatest impact they have parents, peers and teachers. If the baby fails to build productive relationships with others, he has reduced self-esteem, which can lead to behavioral, emotional problems (dissatisfaction with communication, isolation, antisocial behavior).
Tips for preserving mental health of the child:
The family is the origin, the development of the little man, a new member of society. It creates the necessary conditions for the education and formation of the personality of the baby, so first of all parents responsible for the mental health of their child.
So, what you need to do in order to composure, her new baby was normal?
- It is necessary to create conditions for the emergence of self-esteem (attitude towards others and yourself as to value; an ability to recognize, fix disadvantages errors become more aware of their positive aspects; the ability to relate one’s own capabilities, strengths, and resources with validity, that is, the ability to set realistic goals), and adequately high self-esteem.
- The child must understand that he is able to succeed, so you should praise him for even minor improvements, such as, for a beautiful figure, otherwise, he may become angry, shy or arrogant. He may have problems in communication with peers, family members, teachers.
- Insecure kid, jealously defending their interests, acting selfishly towards others. He perceives the environment as “threatening”, so trying to defend themselves against “attacks” of others, even if they are not, he often becomes irritable, aggressive.
- It is very important to shape a child’s adequate self-perception, worldview for each age stage. For example, preschooler, self-confident, being in school, can get confused, start to doubt your abilities.
- In this sense, preschoolers, school children and adolescents in need of parental wisdom, honesty, kindness, support and understanding. They must feel the warmth and love of his family, to know that they are in any case accept and understand. Then they will not be afraid to make mistakes, to stumble, or will seek, to achieve something.
- The child is a big responsibility for: academic success; good behavior (listening to the teacher, be quiet in class); adherence to generally accepted standards (to be polite), following the instructions of adults (not to speak to outsiders); domestic chores (make your bed). He has guided developed in society a model of behavior. However, some are beginning to protest, demonstrate their point of view, trying to break out of line, while others cannot cope and fear of punishment. You need to help your child to cope with negative experiences, pre-failure, learning what caused such a protest, obstruction and on this basis, to organize their activities.
- Families are supposed to help the child to feel unique, special, while not belittling the value of the other person. Every kid has certain unique features, they only need to identify and achieve. For example, someone can quickly assume, and someone incomparable dance or interesting to retell the content of the tales. These inclinations can serve as an excellent basis for the development of the ability to do anything (dance, mathematics).
- So, parents need to care about the mental health of their children. Parents are the most wise, understanding teacher; faithful allies on the way to building, formation of healthy personality of the baby.PS
If on the mental health of the child should care first of all his parents. The adults should be able to cope with their problems. It is known that life’s troubles, problems at work can undermine mental health, and with him the physical. It can manifest in irritation over trifles, do not leave the feeling of anxiety, or an unpleasant condition such as insomnia.If a sleep disorder is present in your child, understand common sleep problems in children.