Taking on most of the problems associated with the influence of the environment, the skin is at risk of manifestations of various infections, cancerous tumors.
Traces on it leave temperature and other effects. The skin also suffers from any internal malfunctions in the body, undergoes aging. Almost every factor of skin malfunction belongs to the competence of a dermatologist.
What a dermatologist treats:
- skin and nail diseases caused by fungal pathogens (microsporia, trichophytosis, epidermophytosis, etc.);
- skin diseases of viral origin (herpes, pink lichen, shingles, papillomas, etc.);
- infectious skin lesions – impetigo;
- neurodermatitis, eczema and dermatitis of allergic origin;
- inflammatory and somatic diseases of the sweat and sebaceous glands (seborrhea, etc.);
- parasitic skin lesions (scabies, the introduction of nematodes);
- skin rashes and lesions resulting from diseases of the internal organs (gastrointestinal disorders, parasitic lesions of the internal organs, such as trichinosis, ochnocerciasis, tungia, schistosomatosis), exposure to drugs and toxic substances, various skin lesions resulting from HIV infection;
- acne, teenage skin problems;
- экссатативный диатез;
To the list of what the dermatologist treats, one can also add cosmetological problems, as well as some skin pathologies that can lead to cancer.
When to contact a dermatologist
Any abnormal manifestations and formations on the skin should be considered a reason for contacting a dermatologist.
This should include:
- skin rashes, both pronounced and pale;
- boils and pustules;
- the abundant occurrence of moles and warts, their sharp change in size or color;
- redness and peeling of certain areas of the skin;
- prolonged itching or swelling of the skin;
- wet or sore skin;
- acne and severe acne.
It is difficult to list all types of symptoms of skin lesions, but even if the cause of the pathology lies in the internal problems of the body, an experienced dermatologist can, in addition to prescribing his treatment, refer the patient to a specialist of the appropriate profile.
When to lead a baby’s dermatologist
For children, the question of when to go to a dermatologist is usually decided by adults.
It should be borne in mind that the frequent manifestation of diathesis and allergic dermatitis in children should not lead to a decrease in vigilance. Children, especially small ones, are more likely than adults to be at risk of various skin diseases of both an infectious and parasitic nature, and the frequent manifestation of skin rashes is often one of the symptoms of the presence of parasites in the intestines.
Only a specialist can make a truly correct diagnosis and prescribe treatment.