The symptom indicates pathology of urinary organs. For a more detailed interpretation requires examination and finding the cause.
The term “strangury” is referred to in medicine away to urinate, requiring additional human effort. This state is accompanied by release of drops of urine, straining, a delay of up to minutes. Although disrupted, but the urine is still pouring out. In addition, for the cavity of the bladder fails to achieve complete emptying.
And related symptoms
Difficulty urinating is accompanied by various unusual manifestations and feelings of the man:
- sluggish stream of urine with the feeling of fullness of the bladder;
- highlight the drip, requiring additional natureline muscles of the pelvis;
- the jet is branched or sprayed;
- before the start of urination required a short period of tension and expectations;
- a single portion of urine is reduced;
- urine for some time, but it is not clear when the urge;
- concerned about pain during urination.
When stranguria have a long time to be in the toilet
If you notice such symptoms stranguria to diagnose myself is impossible. These signs indicate pathology and the need to seek the advice of a urologist.
The basis of clinical manifestations stranguria can be:
- mechanical obstruction to urination in the narrowing of the urethra, the compression of the enlarged prostate gland in men, a tumor in the neck of the bladder, stones in the bladder or urethra, an inflammatory process with swelling of tissues;
- neurological diseases accompanied by disturbed innervation of the bladder, inconsistent urination, functional narrowing of the urethral channel in trauma pelvic, spine, stroke, nervous conductivity;
- mental disorders (hypochondria, hysteria) maybe even in childhood to cause sudden difficulty urinating in adults such strangury accompanies chronic alcoholism, continuous use of diuretics.
The most common causes in men
Strangury men related:
- with acute and chronic prostatitis is often caused by migrated, sexual infections (gonorrhea, Trichomonas, Mycoplasma, chlamydia, Ureaplasma), more typical for middle-aged men;
- benign prostatic hyperplasia;
- prostate cancer;
- injuries urethral canal injuries, aggressive sex;
- the consequences of gonococcal infection, syphilis with the formation of cicatricial narrowings (strictures);
- the phimosis and paraphimosis – occurs in boys;
- balanoposthitis (inflammation of glans and surrounding tissue);
- inflammation of the testicles and their appendages;
- bladder cancer is more common in middle age;
- foreign body in the urethra;
- receiving excitatory erection drugs.
When strangury prostatic origin appear common symptoms: malaise, discharge from the urethra, erectile dysfunction. The decay of the tumor, kidney stones there is hematuria, pain.
Strangury affects the quality of life and performance
Women have difficulty when urinating more frequently when:
- acute and chronic cystitis;
- inflammation of the urethra with the vagina at the same time;
- urolithiasis localization of stones in the bladder;
- neurological disturbances in diabetes mellitus;
- 1/3 of women by agent provocateur stranguria are gynecological diseases.
In the absence of timely treatment increases the chance of complications in the form of:
- acute urinary retention;
- chronic cystitis;
- changes in the structure of the bladder (diverticula wall), loss of muscle tone of the detrusor;
- the occurrence of kidney stones;
- urinary retention will become a permanent and painful.
Diagnostic activities should determine the nature of stranguria. Depends on the therapy and determining the scope of patient care. The main specialist who deals with problems of disorders of the urinary tract urologist. But, you may need consultations with other doctors: a neurologist, gynecologist for women, psychiatrist.
The set of tests included:
- urinalysis is mandatory for each patient, the change of physico-chemical properties, composition, doctor suggests the presence of an active inflammatory process, the formation of stones, characteristics of the tumor (leukocytes, bacteria, red blood cells, cuboidal epithelium, salt);
- if necessary, clarify the pathogen conducted bacteriological study of urine culture on nutrient media, this analysis will indicate which anti-inflammatory agent will optimally act on pathogenic flora;
- the men will undergo palpation of the prostate gland;
- for women a mandatory gynecological examination with tests of vaginal secretions, scrapings from the cervix;
- Ultrasound study of the kidneys and prostate, the doctor will prescribe for suspected impaired structure of renal tissue, the growth of the prostate;
- more specific methods for detection of tumor growth and computed tomography, excretory imaging using contrast agents;
- visual inspection of the urethra and bladder cystoscopy is used.
Ultrasound is one of the ongoing research methods
Unjustified attempts to cope with difficulty with urination. Actions can only hurt and finally, to sever the thin connection of neural pathways. The only measure that should be considered the man to change the diet. For 2-3 weeks to stop eating spicy meat dishes, grilled and smoked foods, pastry, strong coffee and tea, and alcohol.
Depending on the reasons a doctor prescribes a treatment stranguria. In inflammatory diseases (urethritis, cystitis) antibiotic, antibacterial or antiviral agents (if the inflammation is caused by viruses or bacteria). Treatment of sexually transmitted infections, conducted under the scheme of special drugs under the supervision of the tests.
To relieve spasm of the muscles of the urinary tract are assigned to the atropine drugs. Their choice is wide enough: from pills to rectal suppositories. The action should not have a negative impact on the heart rhythm. This is especially true of older people.
The belladonna is a natural source of atropine, has a pronounced therapeutic effect
Warm sitz baths, microclysters with vegetable broths have a local effect. They should be used in the evening courses. The detection of urethral strictures using artificial method of expansion and stretching of scars by using begerovaya special catheter.
A neurologist may prescribe means to restore the broken relations of the nerve endings of the bladder and the spinal cord, if strangury appeared after a spinal injury. The consequences of stroke should be common rehabilitation procedure, they act on the entire body.
Mechanical obstacles in the form of stones or tumors will have to be removed only surgically. If the stage of development of BPH in a patient yet allows conservative treatment, the doctor prescribes a strict diet, exercise, medications, inhibiting the growth of cancer. Strangury, not being a separate disease, requires a serious approach to the diagnosis, because it can serve as a precursor to severe urological pathology.