The lymphatic system consists of organs that provide immune defense of the body, as well as the vessels along which the lymphatic fluid moves.
Lymphatic drainage massage at home is a great way to rejuvenate, losing weight and age. It should only be remembered that it should be performed exclusively by an experienced person who knows the location of the lymph nodes, as well as the technique of the procedure.
To help the lymphatic system cope with its “duties”, they make a special massage that affects the deep layers of the tissues through which the lymph flows. Such a massage can be done not only in problem areas where there is cellulite, but also on the face, back.
How to do lymphatic drainage massage? To do this, you need to familiarize yourself with special practices.
Indications and contraindications for lymphatic drainage massage
Any system loses its abilities with age. This also applies to the lymphatic system, which eventually ceases to quickly remove toxins and toxins from the tissues. This causes fluid stagnation in the body, the accumulation of toxins, which leads to excess weight and swelling.
Indications for lymphatic drainage massage:
- increase immunity;
- getting rid of the “orange peel”;
- weight loss;
- getting rid of swelling and bruising;
- elimination of frequent headaches;
- getting rid of insomnia and stress;
- strengthening skin tone;
- improved complexion;
- getting rid of acne;
- elimination of stretch marks and shallow scars;
- treatment of gastrointestinal diseases together with complex therapy;
- wrinkle repair.
- body rejuvenation.
Lymphatic drainage massage contraindications:
- blood diseases;
- inflammation of the lymph nodes;
- the presence of tumors in the body;
- renal failure;
- thrombosis and thrombophlebitis;
- chronic skin diseases;
- sores and cuts;
- fragile vessels;
If after it the swelling increased and bruises began to appear, then it is worth the procedure to stop, and also consult a doctor.
Levels and types of lymphatic drainage massage
There are three levels of procedure:
- Superficial – in which lymph capillaries are activated. Promotes skin tightening and smoothing.
- Projection – affects the lymphatic vessels. Such manipulations provide outflow of lymph and accelerate the metabolism.
- Deep – activates the lymph nodes. It has a therapeutic effect on the body, eliminating cellulite and excess weight.
There are two main types of procedure:
- Manual – by tactile manipulation of a massage therapist.
- Hardware – using special devices.
Hardware lymphatic drainage massage
The hardware method is divided, in turn, divided into the following types:
- pressure therapy;
- vacuum manipulations;
- microcurrent procedures.
Pressotherapy consists in putting on special covers that are compressed on different parts of the body. As a result of pressure, the movement of lymph and blood through the vessels is activated. The compression of the covers occurs under the influence of compressed air under pressure.
The microcurrent procedure is carried out as follows: special dressings with electrical wiring are put on problem areas of the body. Impulse currents affect the body, improving lymph flow. This is a completely safe and painless procedure that gives amazing results! Excess fluid is removed from the body and subcutaneous fat is actively broken down.
Vacuum lymphatic drainage massage is carried out using special equipment. It is a nozzle in the form of a bowl, which is attached to a portion of the body, and on the other hand, a tube is drawn to it, pumping air. The vacuum bowl, pumping out air, begins to draw in the skin, thereby activating the work of the lymph nodes.
The nozzle is moved over the entire surface of the body. It turns out an intensive procedure. It is ideal for people who want to lose weight.
Manual lymphatic drainage massage
A manual massage session is carried out for an hour. Only in this case there will be a noticeable effect.
Lymphatic drainage massage technique:
- Relaxation and removal of muscle clamps. The procedure begins with soft and relaxing effects. First, it is necessary to relieve tension in the patient, to calm his nervous system. This procedure usually uses oils that open the pores and thereby help remove excess fluid from the skin.
- Soft pressure. Using the surge method, they are easily pressed onto the lymph nodes, moving from top to bottom: the base of the neck, stomach, groin. At this stage, it is necessary to “wake up” the lymph nodes, as well as to release the channels along which the lymph moves.
- Wavy motion. Now they are made from the bottom up, in the direction of the blood. Mild effects on the skin activate nerve endings, as well as blood capillaries. Movement should not cause pain. Body manipulations should be soft, smooth and slow.
The consequences of lymphatic drainage massage:
- reduction of edema;
- cellulite elimination;
- weight loss;
- improvement of well-being;
- metabolic stimulation.
Despite the many advantages of the procedure, a consultation with a doctor is necessary before its use. The patient, at times, may not be aware of the presence in his body of chronic diseases in which massage manipulations are contraindicated.
Lymphatic drainage massage at home
Lymphatic massage can be performed by any professional massage therapist. However, there is nothing complicated in this therapy. If you understand the basic rules of execution, then massage manipulations can be performed even by an amateur at home.
- The movements should be smooth and cautious.
- Lubricate the body with essential oils or honey. This ingredient removes toxins from tissues very well.
- The movements in any area are almost identical: from bottom to top.
- The procedure should begin with warming up the area of the body that will be processed. To do this, gently stroke the body along the lymphatic flow.
- Next comes the active stage. It consists in acting on the body with the edge of the hand in exactly one direction.
- After the procedure, you should take a contrast shower.
Lymphatic drainage body massage
Trusting a person to massage his body, you need to make sure of his competence. After all, an experienced massage therapist must know exactly the location of the lymph nodes and the direction of movement of the lymph.
The main lines of lymph flow:
- from neck to chest;
- from hands to shoulders;
- from the abdomen to the pelvis;
- from the knees to the groin.
Lymph nodes are located:
- under the jawbone;
- on the sides of the neck;
- in the armpits;
- elbow bends;
- under the knees;
- in the groin;
- in the center of the chest.
Lymphatic drainage massage of the abdomen is done in order to get rid of excess fat. As a result of the procedures, the abdomen becomes flat and taut. This is due to the fact that fat cells begin to actively split, and excess fluid leaves the subcutaneous tissue. After all, it is she who causes the cellulitis on the stomach.
The procedure is performed according to general rules, starting movement from the navel. Hands should make circular movements clockwise. Manipulations should be soft and pleasant so as not to damage the internal organs of the abdominal cavity.
Lymphatic drainage massage of the breast allows you to strengthen the muscles and restore their elasticity. However, if there are breast diseases: mastopathy, swelling, tumors, then massage is strictly contraindicated!
First you need to perform a superficial stroking of each breast to warm up the tissue. Then palms should grab the glands, moving from the bottom up towards the armpits.
After manipulations, light grinding should be done. All movements in relation to the chest should be very gentle and careful.
Lymphatic drainage massage of the hands helps relieve fatigue and tension. To do this, stretch the right hand forward, and grasp the wrist with the left. Then, with gentle strokes, you should draw your left hand to the elbow with your right. Manipulation should be repeated 5 times, and then change hands.
Lymphatic drainage foot massage
This procedure helps not only relieve stress, but also relieve limbs of cellulite.
To carry out the home procedure, they make relaxing and patting movements in conjunction with a rigorous study of the tissues. Duration of the procedure: from 60 to 90 minutes.
Lymph nodes on the lower extremities are located under the knees and in the groin. It is in these zones that they carry out manipulations.
Feet are massaged taking into account such recommendations:
- Hands should be placed on the inside of the thigh in the knee area.
- The lymph nodes in the inguinal region are massaged in a circular motion along the lymphatic stream.
- Then massage the entire leg: from the ankle to the pubic bone. The first seven movements are performed intensively, and then the manipulations are relaxed.
Lymphatic drainage anti-cellulite massage is performed on the hips. Start from the inside. Stroking movements move from the bottom up: from the knees to the groin. The movements should be in one direction and not cause pain.
After working out the problem area, stroke the entire leg: from the foot to the pubis. They begin with light movements, ending with intensive manipulations. After 7 approaches, the stroking intensity should decline.
At the end of the procedure, claps of various intensities should be carried out on problem areas for 5 minutes. This will restore tone and improve blood circulation.
Lymphatic drainage facial massage
Lymphatic drainage facial massage is an alternative to expensive beauty treatments in the salon.
Indications for the procedure:
- swelling of the eyelids;
- double chin;
- dark circles under the eyes;
- loose skin.
Manipulations are performed in the direction of the massage lines. In a wavy motion, slightly press on the skin, moving along the lymph flow. Such manipulations allow you to remove muscle clamps, activate metabolic processes in tissues and accelerate the regeneration of skin cells.
After stimulation of the lymphatic system, cells actively begin to remove toxins and toxins. As a result, the skin texture is leveled and natural elasticity appears.
Facial massage is performed for 15 minutes in several stages:
- Forehead. Clasp the fingers of both hands and place them in the center of the forehead. Then gently pads with smoothing movements towards the temples.
- Eyes. Lymphatic drainage massage around the eyes is done with stroking movements, starting from the nose to the lower edge of the orbit, and then to the temple. Do not forget about the eyelids. Only movements in this case are performed in the reverse order: from the temple to the bridge of the nose along the lower edge of the eyebrow.
- Cheeks. The fingertips are gently held from the center of the chin to the lower edge of the ear. Then from the corners of the mouth to the temples.
- Nasolabial area. Fingers tap on the nasolabial fold, gently pressing it.
- The chin. Thumbs are placed on the center of the chin, and then, gently pressing the skin, hold to the ears.
Before performing a facial massage, the skin needs to be slightly steamed, so that the liquid is more easily excreted through the enlarged pores. Do not apply strong pressure to the skin. After all, the skin on the face is very delicate.
Performing regular facial manipulations, you can prolong youth without surgical intervention.
Japanese lymphatic drainage massage
Asahi massage is a Japanese traditional technique aimed at rejuvenating the face. The essence of the method is the force on the muscles of the face. Manipulations should not be harsh and painful. The procedure should be pleasant and relaxing.
The Japanese technique allows to achieve the following results:
- wrinkle smoothing;
- skin tightening;
- healthy skin color;
- removal of edema;
- face lifting.
Contraindications of Japanese technology:
- skin diseases;
- diseases of the lymph nodes;
- pathology of ENT organs;
- temporary ailment.
There are two main varieties of the Japanese methodology:
- lymphatic drainage massage;
- deep muscle massage aimed at relieving tension and facelift.
To achieve the effect of rejuvenation, it is enough to take 3 minutes daily for massage effects.
Preparation for execution:
- Familiarize yourself with the location of the lymph nodes on the neck. In the direction of the lymphatic flow, it will be necessary to do manipulations.
- Cleanse the skin with scrubs and peels.
- To purchase cosmetics for makeup removal, as manipulations will be done with their help.
The peculiarity of Japanese technology is that it is performed when the patient is sitting or standing. In exceptional cases, massage is performed lying down. All movements should be performed along the lymphatic vessels: from the extreme points to the center. At the same time, it is impossible to press on the lymph nodes themselves! Upon completion of the procedures, it is necessary to thoroughly clean the skin.
Lymphatic drainage massage of the eyelids:
- Dilute your elbows and put in front of your face.
- Touch the outer corners of the eyes with your fingers.
- Gently hold from the outer edges to the inside.
- Return your fingers to their original position and press on the whiskey for 3 minutes.
- Make circular movements: from the temples to the inner edges of the eyes along the lower eyelid, and then in the opposite direction – along the upper one.
- Press lightly on the outer corners for 3-5 seconds.
Nose and cheeks:
- Put your fingers on the base of the wings of the nose.
- Slightly press and make translational movements: up and down for 5 seconds.
- Place the fingertips at the base of the wings and make 2-3 stretching movements towards the ears.
Nasolabial folds and chin:
- Put your fingers in the center under the lower lip.
- Pressing slightly, bend the corners of the lips with your fingers. As a result, the fingers should meet above the upper lip in the center.
- Freeze for 3 seconds in this position.
Repeat all manipulations 3 times.
Japanese technology in the presence of certain problems:
- Swelling of the face. Gymnastics is best done in the morning. All movements should be light and gentle.
- Acne First you need to get rid of the problem, and then, in order to avoid relapse, start doing massage. In this case, do not use fatty oils, so as not to clog the enlarged pores.
- Rosacea Exercise should be light without strong pressure. In the area of the cheeks, it is necessary to completely exclude manipulations.