The main allies of a child’s good immunity are: physical activity, a balanced diet, proper mode, and emotional stability.
Therefore, in order to raise it to children, it is necessary:
- Proper nutrition. The diet of the child must always be varied and balanced. Every day at least one fresh fruit or vegetable must be present in it. Vitamins A, C, E, B, D, potassium, magnesium, copper, zinc, iodine are necessary for the child’s immunity. Try to give children more often honey, cranberries, greens, liver, onions, dried fruits, walnuts, legumes, dogrose decoction, whole grains, dairy products, cereals, citrus fruits, fish, meat, etc.
- Physical activity. For children, physical activity is very important. With the smallest you can regularly do the simplest exercises. Older children should be recorded in a circle, it could be dancing, wrestling, gymnastics, etc. Very useful for strengthening immunity in children pool.
- Daily walks. Fresh air and sun are the best helpers in maintaining the health of your baby. Every day on the street the child should be about two hours.
- Hardening. It is recommended to begin to harden the child from birth, but this should be done carefully and gradually. For newborns just arrange regular air baths and try not to wrap them too hard, both at home and on a walk. Older children can be rubbed with a damp sponge, gradually reducing the temperature of the water. Subsequently, you can try a contrast shower with a small temperature difference, etc.
- Regime of the day. It will help improve the immunity of the child the correct schedule with a thoughtful relationship to stress. The kid should keep pace and work out, and walk, and relax. Try to keep all his affairs in a certain sequence and at about the same time. Special attention should be paid to sleep, since it has a great influence on the state of the nervous system and the general well-being of the child. Duration of sleep depends on the child’s age, on average, newborns should sleep for 18 hours, older children about 12, preschoolers and schoolchildren – about 10.
In addition to all of the above tools, to increase the immunity of the child, many take immunostimulatory or immunomodulatory drugs. However, with their use it is necessary to exercise great caution, because with the unsystematic use of such drugs there can be serious disorders of the immune system, which often turn out to be much worse than constant cold diseases.
Therefore, only a specialist should prescribe any drugs to improve immunity. Safe folk remedies can be a good alternative to medicines, however, they should also be taken only after consultation with the doctor.
How to strengthen the immunity of the child
On the state of immunity of the child must take care from his birth. The best way to maintain it, of course, is breastfeeding. Unfortunately, this is not always enough.
Growing up, many children often begin to catch a cold and get sick, especially for those who are in the group for the first time. Immunity may weaken for various reasons, his condition is greatly influenced by the child’s lifestyle, his dietary habits and emotional state, and the ecological situation plays a significant role in this.
Signs of low immunity
Each parent can assess the state of immunity of their baby, because it does not require any special tests and complex studies.
Several factors indicate the weakening of the body’s defenses:
- Frequent illness. If a child is sick more than six times a year, and not only during periods of epidemics, if his diseases are severe and accompanied by complications, his immunity is most likely reduced. In addition, catarrhal or viral illnesses that pass without fever may indicate its decline. In this case, the body is simply not able to provide the necessary resistance to the disease.
- Constant fatigue and lethargy. Unnecessary fatigue and constant lethargy, especially accompanied by pallor of the face and the presence of circles under the eyes, can speak about the need to increase immunity in children.
- Swollen lymph nodes. With low immunity in children almost always there is an increase in lymph nodes in the groin, underarms and neck. Usually they are soft to the touch and do not cause much discomfort.
- Allergic reactions, poor appetite, dysbacteriosis, weight loss, frequent diarrhea or, conversely, constipation and regular herpetic eruptions.