Many people experiencing pain in the back and limbs.
However, in some cases, such symptoms indicate serious deviations, one of which is parmegiana herniated disc L4 or L5-S1.
To avoid dangerous pathologies, treatment should begin as early as possible.
There are several factors causing this deviation:
- Age-related processes in the fibrous and cartilaginous tissues of the spine. This factor provokes the development of the protrusion and rupture of the fibrous ring. As a result of these processes formed a hernial protrusion of any part of the spine. Often suffers area C5-C6.
- Traumatic injury, lifting heavy objects, jumping from a height. All these factors have an impact on the intervertebral discs, causing weakening of the fibrous filaments.
- Degenerative processes in the background of the prolonged presence of degenerative disc disease. It is this disease often leads to herniation of the intervertebral disc. The lesions of the thoracic is very rare. Such a breach usually affects the neck and back.
Paramedian hernia can be of different types – it all depends on their localization. Since the front and back sides of the disks strengthened ligamentous apparatus, the protrusion in most cases affects the side sections. In rare cases, the protrusion located in the midline and back bulges.
Depending on the localization of education can affect different vertebrae, L5-S1, C5, C6, C7. In addition, the doctors there are such types paramedian hernia:
- Posterior or dorsal. This category includes right-hand and left Parmigiana herniated disc. This also applies to the median Parmigiana herniated disc. The protrusion is in the direction of the spinal canal.
Dorsal herniation provokes different symptoms depend on the degree of tightness of the spinal cord. Rear right or left sided hernia may be asymptomatic. Sometimes dorsal hernia is accompanied by a clinical picture of full compression.
- Lateral. In this case, the protrusion is in the direction of the intervertebral foramen. The symptoms affect the severity of tightness of the nerve roots.
- Sequestered. This protrusion is considered to be a kind of back pain. It occurs when there is complete prolapse of the disc into the spinal lumen. Sequestered herniation can have different symptoms – it depends on the size of the sequester and the level of tightness of the spinal cord.
- Foraminal. This type of hernia is formed in the area of small openings through which the spinal nerve root exits the spinal canal. Foraminal hernia is accompanied by severe pain that cannot be cut short. That is why this form of hernia requires surgical intervention.
The clinical picture depends on localization of education. If the hernia is located at the level of C5-C6 of the cervical spine, a person has these symptoms:
- severe headaches;
- paresthesias, tingling and numbness of the fingers;
- pain in the cervical, shoulder, arms;
- loss of sensitivity and weakness of muscle tissue of the hands;
- dizziness and hallucinations resembling tinnitus.
Localization of education at the level of C5-C7 due to the fact that these areas quite often suffer injuries from accidents or sports. If time does not take action, it can cause reduce sensitivity of the hands, and even paralysis.
In most cases the hernia is localized in the lower areas of the spine at the level L5-S1. This is because the longitudinal bunch center is much thicker than the back or side.
With the defeat of the regions of the spine L5-S1 people have these symptoms:
- pain in the back and lower back that increase when sneezing and coughing;
- pain in the legs and buttocks;
- pain, numbness, paresthesias in the fingers and feet;
- clear violations of motor activity in which a person cannot sit, walk, stand.
If a person is observed Parmigiana left-sided hernia, the symptoms will be localized to the left. If the education is right, then the signs will be located in this area.
Found effective remedy for pains and for the treatment of joints:
- natural composition,
- with no side effects
- efficiency, proven expert,
- a quick result.
To make the correct diagnosis and to choose the best treatment, the doctor performs an ultrasound scan in real time. To identify hernias in the area of C5-C6, C7, L5-S1, is magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography.
To eliminate paramedian herniated L5-S1 usually used surgery. The vertebrae in this area is constantly under load, and therefore conservative treatment rarely produces good results.
In addition, surgical intervention requires a foraminal hernia. This is due to the fact that conservative treatment can lead to relapse and severe pain.
However, in most cases, the experts used a non-surgical therapy. Moreover, the operation does not always contribute to recovery of sensitivity and mobility, especially in the case of paralysis of the limbs.
The most effective treatment possible in the localization of hernia in the area of C5, C6, C7. Non-surgical therapy involves the use of different groups of drugs.
Dorsal and other types of hernias are treated by such drugs:
- nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;
- muscle relaxants;
- b vitamins
Exacerbation of hernia treatment of the division of C5-C6 and L5-S1 is carried out with the help of massage, physiotherapy, manual therapy, acupuncture. All of these procedures should be performed under strict medical supervision.
Parmigiana hernia is quite a serious disease that can cause complete loss of motor activity. To avoid this, it is essential to start the treatment.