Chondrosis is the initial stage of degenerative change of intervertebral discs.
The disease affects the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine and the places where there is cartilage.
Why and how to develop chondrosis of the intervertebral discs is still unknown.
There are a few main reasons:
- Disturbances in the metabolism.
- Diseases of the endocrine system.
- The excess body weight.
- Lack of exercise and stress.
- Injury of musculoskeletal system.
In the end, reduced the power of the intervertebral discs, the displacement of the nucleus pulposus, ruptures of the annulus, which is formed intervertebral hernia. It is seen most often in the lumbar-sacral spine, but is observed in cervical and thoracic intervertebral space.
At constant excessive physical load on the spine occurs pathological growth of bone (osteophytes) of the vertebrae, which reduces the mobility of the spine, decreasing the distance between the vertebrae.
In the initial stage of the disease almost does not occur and asymptomatic.
But in the later stages develop the following symptoms:
- Sharp pain in the affected area of a vertebral disk.
- Numbness of the limbs, from the elbow, and increased muscle tone.
- Dizzy, there are noises in the ears, may occur loss of consciousness.
In the transition to the acute phase of the disease occur severe bouts with pain during the movement. This happens most often in the cervical and lumbar spine. During acute pain, severe muscle tension, palpation felt painful (trigger) point. Appear limitations in the movements of the limbs and in the thoracic spine, the discomfort can give back throughout the body.
Chondrosis of the spine
Types of diseases:
- Cervical chondrosis of the spine manifests itself at the initial stage of development of the disease. The first symptoms may be frequent headaches, numbness of the fingers, noise in the ears. In the later stages begin to feel dizzy, the pain which gives in the region of the shoulder girdle, in the ear, there are severe pain in the hands, increased blood pressure.
- Chondrosis of the thoracic first occurs fairly gently and this complicates the primary diagnosis. The symptoms are identical to angina or preinfarction state. Frequent signs are intercostal pains, which become stronger at night. The patient feels sharp pain when lifting the arm, bending. During exacerbation of pain appears in the chest, a heaviness is felt in the lungs. Women having discomfort in the area of breast cancer, especially if breastfeeding.
- Chondrosis of the lumbar – the most common disease. Characterized by sharp pain in the lumbar region. Often the pain extend outside of the affected area. Patients complain of pain in the legs, buttocks, when walking and bending. Against the sharp pain of the lumbar often use painkillers.
A sharp pain in his ribs appear as the result of pressure on the intercostal nerves. Pain are paroxysmal character, the patient is periodically, it becomes difficult to breathe, there are cutting attacks in the chest, radiating to the left in the heart, under the shoulder blade. In order to exclude cardiac pathology, it is necessary to make an electrocardiogram.
The main symptoms of intercostal chondrosis are:
- pain that persist for a long period;
- during a shift in body position, coughing, deep breathing, any movement the pain increases.
Chondrosis of the shoulder joint
Causes of pain in the shoulder joint are of heavy load, chondrosis. In this disease the cartilage of the joint becomes less elastic and appear persistent severe pain in the shoulder and in the infraclavicular region. This condition provokes chondrosis in the cervical spine that affects the shoulder joint. In the cervical region is pinched nerve endings and muscles, impaired blood flow to tissues not receiving oxygen. It causes atrophic condition of the shoulder joint, which is manifested in a morbid state and limited movement.
Chondrosis and VSD
Dystonia occurring on the background of a number of reasons related to a psychosomatic condition. Cause of VSD may become cervical chondrosis. When pressure on the nerve endings of the cervical, reduced blood flow and oxygen to the brain. VSD occurs when a strong physical exertion, stress, emotional instability.
The symptoms of autonomic disorders accompanied by increased blood pressure, headaches, sweating, shortness of breath. Pain in the abdomen, numbness of fingers, dizziness, the patient may be unconscious.