Massage in the development of chondrosis is possible to do in the subacute stage of the disease.
In some cases, the procedure is carried out in the period of exacerbation of the disease. But in this situation, the expert should have a reflex effect on pain syndrome by treating the healthy areas of the body. At the initial stage of the massage is done using gentle methods so as not to provoke unnecessary tension in the muscles. You can then move on to more intensive procedures.
When chondrosis in the spine occur degenerative changes that are associated with inadequate physical activity, comorbidities, and metabolic disorders. As a result, the person has pain and spinal instability.
The application of massage allows to obtain the following results:
- to cope with the pain;
- to improve the microcirculation and metabolic processes in the area of the affected disk;
- to relax a tense muscle tissue;
- to strengthen a muscular corset that stabilizes the spine;
- to stop the development of inflammation in the disc and surrounding tissue;
- enhance the vitality of the patient.
Perform massage when chondrosis has diagnostic value. When carrying out this procedure fails to locate the most painful areas.
Types of massage
To cope with the manifestations of chondrosis help these kinds of massage:
- segmental reflex;
- connective tissue.
The choice of a specific form of massage depends on the stage of the disease. During exacerbation of chondrosis all types of massage are contraindicated. During this period, shows the use of painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs.
In addition, the choice of technique of massage is dependent on the localization of pathological changes. For example, the defeat of the cervical accompanied by damage to the occipital nerves, thus performing the massage is not only the neck area, but the area of exit of the nerve endings.
In the localization of pathology in the lower back pain syndrome is often felt in the lower extremities and the pelvic area. Therefore, it is recommended to do not only massage the lumbar and the sacrum.
Technique of the procedure
Therapeutic massage is performed in a horizontal position on the stomach. Before the procedure, the specialist needs to stretch your hands and lubricate them with massage oil.
To cope with the manifestations of the chondrosis, you should do the following:
- The first stage – stroking. It is held at the beginning and at the end of the procedure. The duration of this stage is about 2 minutes. The therapist must perform a circular, zigzag, and spiral motion.
- After the surface stroking fulfill a more profound impact. The power of one hand increase due to the imposition of the other. Using this stage manages to discover the most painful areas. While the middle part of the spine affect not recommended.
- Then carry out the kneading. Muscle tissue and the skin should be collected in the crease, and then make the motion, reminiscent of kneading dough.
- Rolling and rubbing similar to kneading. In this case, the fingers of the masseur direct the skin from the waist to the neck.
- The pressure lies in the fact that the masseur fingertips handles longitudinal muscles of the back.
- The technician then goes to the tapping, tapping and vibration. Tapping their fingers or palm edge. To perform the Pat the palm of the hand folded like a boat. Vibration is performed by the palm surface in combination with surface stroking.
It is important to note that the neck is the most vulnerable and fragile area. Because all movement in this area should be performed as carefully as possible. While processing this site, you need to perform superficial stroking. You can also make circular kneading, and friction.
The first sessions of treatment should not exceed 7 minutes. Subsequently, the duration can be increased to 12 minutes. This man in no case should not experience pain, fatigue, numbness of the skin or other discomfort.
It is important to note that in some cases, to massage is strictly prohibited.
The main contraindications to the procedure include the following:
- the presence of tumor formation;
- the active stage of tuberculosis;
- aggravation of sexually transmitted diseases;
- circulatory failure of the third degree;
- diseases of the blood;
- ovarian cyst or uterine fibroids in women;
- adenoma in men;
- breast – in this case, the massage for example, but it is necessary with care.
in addition, there are local contraindications, which are connected with the place of performance of massage. The procedure cannot be done in case of warts, herpes lesions, protruding moles, fissures, fungal infections in the treatment area. Massage is contraindicated in the presence of varicose veins on the back.
Massage is an effective procedure in the development of chondrosis. It can be used to reduce pain, improve blood circulation and restore body’s vitality. Importantly, also note the regulations for the massage and all contraindications to its conduct.