Before, compatriots especially liked a drink made from willow-tea and fragrant leaves of currants and raspberries. The article talks about the benefits of herbs and recipes for delicious tea from them.
The usual green and black tea was brought to Russia no more than 4 centuries ago – before that, everyone was drinking herbal decoctions and berry fruit drinks. Even Leo Tolstoy, who was engaged in agriculture in addition to writing, praised the taste of the drink from the roots of chicory.
We talk about the beneficial properties of herbs and offer a tea party
We treat ailments with herbs
Heart and blood vessels
Reduce pressure: strawberries, chokeberry, string, barberry, initial letter.
Increase pressure: rosemary, Rhodiola rosea, Schisandra chinensis, Eleutherococcus, Aralia, safflower levzea.
They strengthen the cardiovascular system: hawthorn, St. John’s wort, nettle, coltsfoot, calendula, lemon balm, motherwort, yarrow, chicory.
Digestion is normalized: anise, young leaves of birch, currant, apple tree, chamomile, lingonberry, blackberry, mint, dill, yarrow.
It is rich in vitamins: young leaves of birch, maple, sea buckthorn, black currant, raspberry, lingonberry, blackberry, as well as nettle, sour, primrose, chickweed, berries of sea buckthorn, viburnum, red mountain ash, actinidia, rosehip fruits and leaves.
Soothing effect: valerian roots, oregano, St. John’s wort, mint, lemon balm, bluehead, hop, Scutellaria baicalensis.
Eliminate a headache: fireweed, clover, primrose, lavender, verbena.
Where can one buy
We do not recommend you picking herbs yourself, as this is a laborious process that requires certain knowledge and preparation. It is important to consider not only the place of growth of herbs, but also the time of collection and flowering period. The best advice is to buy ready-made dried and chopped herbs in filter bags at the pharmacy. Their cost is low, so everyone can choose an individual set of herbs for their own purposes.
Herbal Tea Recipes
- Tea before bedtime: take equal portions of lemon balm, mint, pharmacy chamomile and linden flowers. Such tea normalizes blood pressure, lowers blood sugar, calms nerves and helps you fall asleep faster.
- Back pain: 2 parts of black elderberry and 1 part of thyme and linden flowers. Tea relaxes muscles and calms the nervous system.
- Improving digestion: Take equal proportions of raspberry, strawberry, apple and nettle leaves. This infusion is rich in vitamins and speeds up the process of digesting food. With the addition of fresh berries and fruits it will be even tastier.
- Decreased acidity in the stomach: 2 parts of St. John’s wort herb, mint leaves and sage, 1 part of pharmacy chamomile, star anise leaves and thyme grass. Tea calms the gastrointestinal tract, it is recommended for gastritis and gastric ulcer.
- Acceleration of metabolism: in equal proportions take the fruits of black currant, mountain ash, rose hips and nettle leaves.
- Strengthening immunity: in equal parts, take rose hips, blackcurrant leaves and raspberries.