Rear-wheel drive ellipsoids are considered classic. It is convenient to operate, since the entire control system is located behind and does not interfere with the athlete. Such orbitreks have 2 pairs of handrails: mobile and motionless. This equipment makes sports equipment multifunctional and convenient.
The most convenient is an elliptical trainer with a rear drive system.
Ellipsoids are distinguished by the location of the flywheel. It can be arranged in front, back and in the middle.
In front-wheel drive ellipsoids, the flywheel is located in the front. This design is inconvenient in that the center of gravity may not always be located correctly. This means that this equipment is unstable and may bow forward. Therefore, these designs are equipped with heavy flywheels in order to properly distribute the load on the simulator.
Ellipsoids with a central drive have small dimensions and good stability. Such models are compact and take up little space. They can be purchased for small apartments.
By type of drive, elliptical trainers are divided into 3 groups:
A mechanical ellipsoid works under the action of the athlete himself and provides only the load that the student himself sets. In addition, this type of elliptical trainer works noisily and movements on it do not work smoothly. But it is cheap, lightweight and compact.
A mechanical drive is with a belt drive and block. Newer models are equipped with an electronic display.
The disadvantage of such ellipsoids is that you can not set the load and the program of classes.
It is suitable for beginners.
Magnetic orbit track
A magnetic ellipsoid is an order of magnitude better than the previous one. It is silent, provides smooth movements and works without jerking. At the heart of the drive of these devices is a magnet that provides braking and soft movements.
On this device, you can set the required load using a servo drive that moves the magnet to the flywheel and vice versa. The closer the magnet is to the flywheel, the stronger the resistance, and the greater the effort the athlete needs to exert.
You can adjust the load using the buttons on the panel.
Magnetic elliptical trainer – durable, reliable and easy to use.
Electromagnetic orbit track
The electromagnetic ellipsoid is the most progressive and high-quality elliptical trainer. It is silent, reliable, durable and provides smooth movements. In these models, you can change the angle of the pedals and the step length. This equipment operates under the influence of an electromagnetic field on the flywheel.
On this device, you can set the load with high accuracy, as well as set the necessary training program using an electronic system. The modern display reflects distance, time and heart rate.
How to choose an elliptical trainer for home
Exercise machines are for professional and home use. In fitness centers, ellipsoids are more dimensional, massive and multifunctional. They are powerful and designed for continuous operation.
Elliptical trainers for home use do not have to be massive and powerful. They should be lightweight, compact and adapted for 1-2 family members.
To choose an elliptical trainer, you need to pay attention to the following parameters:
- The location of the drive. Preferably if the flywheel is located at the rear. In this case, the distribution of the center of gravity will be uniform, and a massive engine box will not interfere with the athlete.
- The size of the flywheel. The heavier the drive, the smoother the movements will be, and the load on the joints will be minimal.
- Amplitude of movements. The longer the step, the more effective the exercises. A large range of pedal movement involves more muscle.
- Carrying capacity. The larger this parameter, the greater the number of people with different weights will be able to deal with it. The optimal load capacity is from 90 to 130 kg.
- Load adjustment. Gradually increasing the load, the athlete improves the quality of his classes.
- Convenience of operation. The control panel should contain the optimal number of buttons and levers for monitoring activities. The display should show heart rate, distance, time and calories.
- Construction. There are stationary and folding simulators. The first type is considered more stable and reliable. But with a shortage of space in the apartment, it is better to choose folding equipment.
A folding elliptical trainer is provided for periodic use in small apartments. When folding equipment, the pedals fold into a frame, forming a compact unit.
The weight of the stationary devices is 80-100 kg, and the length is up to 170 cm. The folding elliptical trainer weighs much less and takes up little space. In addition, this equipment is usually equipped with wheels, which makes it easy to move from one room to another.
However, folding devices due to their small size have their drawbacks:
- there is no system for adjusting important parameters;
- no display;
- limited carrying capacity;
- short term of operation.
When choosing an ellipsoid simulator for the home, the manufacturer should be considered. Products of a well-known brand, as a rule, guarantee quality and good service.
Elliptical Trainer Torneo
This equipment is an invention of an Italian company. They are considered one of the most popular sports equipment. The assembly and details of these devices meet all the requirements of the standard.
The range of Torneo elliptical trainers is huge, as it is designed for a wide range of users with diverse needs. These exercise machines are equipped with pulse sensors and provide easy adjustment of loads.
Advantages of the orbit track over other cardiovascular equipment
When buying an elliptical trainer home, every consumer thinks about a rational choice. Orbitrek, treadmill and exercise bike belong to the group of cardiovascular machines that improve the cardiovascular system, strengthen the muscles of the legs and help lose weight. However, each device has its own characteristics and advantages. So what is better to buy?
To answer this question, it is necessary to determine the main goals for which this sports equipment is purchased.
What is the best exercise bike or elliptical trainer
The exercise bike is useful for beginner athletes: it pumps only the calf muscles and minimizes the load on the back and shoulder girdle. Such a gentle regimen is useful even for the elderly.
If the goal is to lose weight, then it is better to buy an elliptical trainer. Classes on it involve a large number of muscle groups. Thanks to the software, different load conditions can be set on the ellipsoid.
Comparative characteristics of certain parameters of two simulators:
- Muscle work. Both simulators pump the muscles of the legs, and the orbitrek gives an additional load on the arms and back.
- Fat burning. According to experiments, the orbitreck is ahead of the exercise bike in the number of calories burned per minute.
- Intensity. Even if the minimum training program is set on the ellipsoid, the load on the body will still turn out to be stronger than when exercising on an exercise bike. This is due to the simultaneous work of muscle groups.
1. The exercise bike maintains a healthy body tone, strengthens the heart and legs. Orbitrek contributes to the acquisition of a beautiful figure and shedding extra pounds.
2. The exercise bike gives a gentle load, and is suitable for beginner athletes. Orbitrek is a universal tool for both beginners and professionals.
What is better treadmill or elliptical trainer
To answer the question of what is best to buy: an elliptical trainer or treadmill, you need to understand the principle of operation of these devices.
Orbitrek gives a uniform load on almost all muscles. For heart disease, it is better to use a treadmill. It reduces the load on the heart and balances the metabolic processes.
If we are talking about losing weight, then it is better to purchase an ellipsoid. Exercises on an elliptical trainer help to break down fats more actively. In addition, the unique pedal movements along the ellipse trajectory reduce the load on the joints and spine.
Treadmills are mainly prescribed for athletes. In the orbit track you can easily control the pumping of a certain group of muscles, and only the legs and back work on the treadmill.
What muscles work on an elliptical trainer
Orbitrek is the only simulator that uses the maximum number of muscles of different groups:
- Calf legs. To ensure the load on the calves, you should tilt the body forward during classes, and hold onto the stationary handrails with your hands.
- Hamstrings. These muscles are included in the flexion and extension of the legs. Engaged in modern orbitreks, you can adjust the angle of the pedals, increasing the load on the tendons.
- The quadriceps muscles (hips). For many girls, the front of the hips are problem areas. Wanting to lose weight, it is necessary to train the quadriceps. An exercise bike does well with this task. And the orbitrek pumps up both the front and back of the hips, evenly distributing the load.
- Buttocks. Regularly practicing on an ellipsoid, very soon the priest will become disappointed and seductive! For effective gluteus muscle training, you should pedal in the opposite direction, simulating backward movements.
- Triceps and chest. The movable handrails of the orbitreck are responsible for the work of the pectoral muscles. To do this, hold onto the handrails, straining your arms as much as possible.
- Biceps and back. Thanks to the pulling movements of the hands that control the handrails, triceps and back muscles begin to work. The effect is enhanced by turning the pedals in the opposite direction. Such movements are very useful for people in sedentary professions.
- Heart. Like all cardiovascular machines, the orbitrek involves the active work of the heart muscle. Regular exercises on an ellipsoid help strengthen the heart and good blood circulation.
- The muscles of the press and internal organs. The elliptical trainer pumps even the deep muscles of internal organs, thereby improving their work.
Thus, pumping the main muscles of the most problematic areas, the elliptical trainer for weight loss helps a lot.
Who benefits from an ellipsoid?
Orbitrek is necessary for those who want:
- have a beautiful posture;
- lose weight;
- normalize the work of the heart and gastrointestinal tract;
- to tone your body;
- acquire beautiful forms due to muscle mass;
- restore metabolism;
- get rid of depression and insomnia.
The latter factor is caused by the fact that playing sports a priori distract a person from oppressive thoughts, restore the nervous system, give a good mood and even relieve periodic headaches.
Elliptical trainers train the body’s endurance by 20%. Being engaged in fitness clubs, trainers are often advised to start training with an ellipsoid, since it is on this equipment that all muscles are heated. This gives a good impetus to further training on other simulators.
However, it is worth noting that all of these improvements will come only after regular and hard training.
There are also contraindications for classes on an ellipsoid:
- cardiovascular failure;
- angina pectoris;
- infectious diseases;
How to lose weight with an ellipsoid
To achieve good results in weight loss, just training on an ellipsoid is not enough. You also need to connect proper nutrition, daily routine and nutritional supplements.
An untrained person can not abruptly begin systematic studies. It is necessary to start with half-hour classes 3 times a week. As soon as the body begins to get used to sports, the duration of classes can be extended to 45-60 minutes.
The body is designed so that short-term classes up to 20 minutes will not bring the desired results. The process of burning fat begins after 20-25 minutes of exercise.
After each workout on an elliptical trainer, you should perform a light warm-up, as a sudden stop in movement is dangerous for the heart.
Increase protein intake: fish, lean meat, eggs, beans, dairy products. Reduce the amount of carbohydrates in the diet: pasta, white bread, pastries, fast foods. This diet helps to lose up to 1-1.5 kg without damage to health.
In addition to nutrition, multivitamins, L-carotene and protein shakes can be.
Instructions on how to exercise on an elliptical trainer in order to lose weight are:
- Before a workout, do a 10-minute warm-up to warm up the muscles.
- Develop a system of exercises so that the body “adjusts” to regular loads and begins to obediently lose weight.
- Nutrition should be balanced and rich in protein. Eating should be 1 hour before training and 2 hours after class.
- Maintain water balance. The norm of water drunk per day should be at least 2-2.5 liters.
- Lesson time depends on the biological clock of a person. “Lark” is better to pedal in an orbiter in the morning, and an owl in the evening, but not before bedtime.
- Choose comfortable clothes and shoes.
Proper exercises on an ellipsoid will help burn 400-600 calories per hour. The first results of physical exercises will become noticeable already for 2-3 weeks: the body will acquire a athletic tone and significantly improve well-being.
The main thing to remember: classes should be fun, only then they will benefit. You can not deal with severe fatigue and poor health.
The elliptical trainer for the home should be functional, compact, silent and support the weight of the owner. Exercising regularly on an ellipsoid, a person acquires not only a beautiful figure, but also strengthens his health.