Stomach pain does not appear for no reason. At best, this is a consequence of malnutrition, but more often it indicates the presence or aggravation of diseases of the internal organs of the gastrointestinal tract.
To find the problem and prescribe adequate treatment should the doctor-gastroenterologist after conducting appropriate research, but sometimes you must act quickly at home, before the arrival of the brigade “ambulance”.
If pain is taken for stomach problems, long runs, it can be even a number of more or less serious diseases or conditions – heart attack, cancer, allergic reaction to any product or material overexertion of the abdominal muscles, toxemia of pregnancy, and even menstruation.
Localization of seizures
In diseases of the digestive system, infections, poisonings and other functional disorders pain occur and manifest themselves in different ways:
1. dull, aching pain in the epigastric region (above the navel), starting almost immediately after ingestion and continued for a long time, in most cases, suggest chronic gastritis. Pain when gastritis worse after eating spicy and sour foods and fried foods, and after eating a little nauseated;
2. stomach pain (mild or severe) that occurs through 1-1,5 hours after a meal and having a seasonal (longer and stronger in autumn and spring and mild aching pain in winter and summer), usually talks about stomach ulcer. If there comes an exacerbation, the symptoms become worse appear belching with sour taste and heartburn, is weight loss. When perforation of gastric ulcer the pain is sharp, cutting, up to loss of consciousness, accompanied by severe vomiting;
3. severe cramps in the stomach (cramping) is a typical syndrome of viral gastroenteritis. Constant “companions” of infections with viral or sometimes bacterial origin persistent vomiting and diarrhea;
4. spasmodic pain, suddenly appearing a few hours after the last meal and accompanied by severe headache, nausea, diarrhea, fever and weakness in the body, is a symptom of food poisoning;
5. strong, constant, like girdle pain not associated with eating, lasting several days and accompanied by vomiting, “fatty” stool, high fever and abdominal distension are the symptoms of pancreatitis in phase of exacerbation;
6. intense pain attacks in the epigastric region inside and outside (to the stomach painful to touch), diarrhea, high fever, General weakness and nausea, culminating in vomiting, talking about the inflammation of the small intestine (duodenitis);
7. dull pain that starts in the stomach, gradually spreading across the abdomen and then shifting in the right side – one of the most prominent symptoms of inflammation of the Appendix.
1. If stomach pain occurs occasionally and only after eating, to cope with it will help drugs that reduce the level of acidity, for example, Rennie, Mylanta and their analogues. These drugs do not cure diseases, but only temporarily ease the condition. To do their panacea is not recommended.
2. The most common cause of seizures in the stomach – gastritis. The mainstay of treatment is sparing diet that excludes harmful foods and drinks. Gastritis as a complex therapy is often prescribed antispasmodic drugs – No-Shpu, Papaverine, enzyme Mezim, pankreatin, antimicrobials – Ampicillin, Elobact, carminative – Drops, antacid – Almagell and its analogues. If the gastritis with low acid content, gastric juice include natural or synthesized.
3. When gastric ulcer medications are prescribed based on the stage and duration of the disease. For relieving symptoms recommend antacids– Vikalin, aluminium phosphate gel. In the treatment of active use of blockers of gastric secretion – Omeprazole, Ranitidine, Famotidine. To consolidate the effect of treatment prescribed hormonal tablets, for example, Sandostatin, octreotide. During exacerbation of gastric ulcers most often used cytoprotector – Vikalin, Allantoin, and several others. Effective is De-Nol – combined product has protective and antimicrobial action. In acute conditions associated with ulcer perforation and bleeding, shown drugs-resins – Ulcogant, Keal.
4. To cope with the sharp cramps, caused by food or chemical poisoning in the home help the adsorbents and enterocoely – Smectite, Enterosgel, APSCO.
5. A similar treatment is prescribed if the stomach due to a viral infection. Additionally used drugs that restore the body’s water and salt balance, for example, Regidron. If you suspect a bacterial infection in therapy include Norfloxacin.
6. In the treatment of seizures in the abdomen, caused by acute pancreatitis, used antibiotics – Gentamicin, Ampioks, diuretics – Furosemide, Motosalon, painkillers – Analgin, Aminopyrine, as well as antacids and spasmolytic.
7. In duodenitis with antibiotics, analgesics, spazmolitikami and enveloping means prescribe medications that improve intestinal motility (Domperidone).
In the treatment of various diseases are often used the same drugs, but to pick up their combination, dosage and to determine the duration of treatment should physician. Self-treatment at home will only worsen the condition.
When it’s time to go to the doctor?
In the clinic it’s time to go, when much stomach aches or discomfort persist for several days (about how to get rid of pain at home, read this article).
Especially need to be careful with the following symptoms:
- 1. spreading abdominal pain without definite localization and are sick;
- 2. severe pain radiating to the right or left side;
- 3. frequent and/or severe heartburn;
- 4. violation of stool (constipation, or frequent diarrhea);
- 5. wandering pains in the abdomen accompanied by bloating, and sick all the time;
- 6. severe poisoning, when the condition does not improve longer than two days;
- 7. burning sensation in the chest together with increasing pressure and rapid pulse;
- 8. constantly nauseated and stomach aches (with the exception of pregnant women);
- 9. in the mouth a bad taste, frequent belching air or with any taste, which can’t do anything;
- 10. appeared on the skin rash – pimples, boils, lesions and redness.
Any of these signs indicates a potential health problem. Tighten visit to the doctor should not be – so starting the risk of gastritis to become chronic and the ulcer is to become perforated.
How to ease the condition at home?
Abdominal pain can deprive of consciousness.
A home in such a situation, it is easy to get lost, but to wait for the arrival of “ambulance” will be much easier if you remember the rules of first aid.
- 1. Be sure to loosen tight clothing to undo the strap, collar, belt on the pants or the skirt, remove the slimming underwear (if wearing it).
- 2. A sharp spasm of need to try to remove it by drinking non-carbonated mineral water.
- 3. If along with the pain nauseated, it is advisable to clean the stomach. Make it easy, if you drink in small SIPS a glass of water and then stick in the mouth of two or three fingers as deep as possible.
- 4. After cleansing the stomach, you can drink Nospanum or some tablets of the activated coal from calculation 1 tablet on 1 kg of weight. Other drugs make it is not recommended, even if my stomach hurts very much, as under their action, the picture of the disease “receives”, and there is a risk that the doctor will be wrong with the primary diagnosis.
- 5. If there is a suspicion on a heart attack (sweating, sudden weakness in the body, rapid heart rate, accompanied by sharp pain in the abdomen), it is permissible to dissolve a pill of Validol.
- 6. To establish the causes of the attack cannot be put on a stomach warmer – neither hot or with ice. Such attempt of self-medication can lead to disastrous consequences!
- 7. It is undesirable to eat when you a stomach ache, especially if you still sick.
- 8. Wait for the arrival of the brigade “ambulance” better lying down – so the intensity of the sensation will decrease. It is also useful to observe as the presence of additional symptoms, where and how it hurts my stomach.
Regardless of the assortment and the availability of medicines in pharmacies and adequate treatment appropriate to the diagnosis, is able to appoint a doctor. This is especially true given that almost all drugs have serious side effects and many of them can take a long time, even if a stomach ache often and strongly.