Pain syndrome is the companion of almost all diseases of the stomach. The longer treatment is undertaken, the more intense the pain becomes. However, if a person experiences discomfort regularly, and have not previously been diagnosed, you need to understand the reasons.
The main causes of cramps are:
- diseases in the abdominal region;
- kidney, pancreas and other organs in the retroperitoneal cavity;
- pain, extending from the sternum.
You need to pay attention to when and where there is discomfort.
1. After a meal.
According to statistics, 65 % of patients complaining of pain after eating, suffer from irritation of the esophagus. The reason lies in the use of overly salty foods, cold and spicy food. If the internal membrane of the stomach is damaged, discomfort after eating occurs immediately. There may be bloating. This systematic tells about the ulcer. At an early stage the discomfort passes after a couple of hours. To reduce the symptoms, doctors suggest to drink milk after 20-30 minutes after a meal. Ignore and put off going to the doctor is not recommended.
2. The hunger pain.
When a person is hungry, often sick stomach. The reason most often lies in the abuse of alcohol or overeating the night before. Usually the attacks come at night, and this is evidence of the ulcer. If discomfort occurs in the morning or evening, often it is the precursor of inflammation of the duodenum. If the pain is in the stomach, like a drill, but a dull or gives to the lower back, you need to make an appointment to see a gastroenterologist.
3. After the alcohol.
A feeling of heaviness in the abdomen, nausea, cramping after drinking alcohol talking about pathological processes in the digestive tract. According to experts, the cause of illness occurs in gastritis and ulcers. When alcohol enters the body, it provokes the disease and the body gives a signal as pain. If you do not abstain from taking alcohol, then the discomfort will increase, and in some cases die.
Attacks in the night and in the morning
If you experience attacks at night, you should pay attention to the type of pain. In medicine there are two types:
- Somatic. Occurs on the background of diseases of the abdominal organs. For example, if the ulcer is the inflammation of spinal nerve fibers.
- Visceral. The reason is irritation of nerves located on the walls of the body manifests itself as cramps, colic. By nature stupid, and is often localized in one area, but can give in other places.
Causes discomfort in the morning the same night signs. The only exception is abdominal pain in the 1st trimester of pregnancy, as this is the first sign of hypertonicity of the uterus. This sickness can lead to miscarriage, so women are advised to consult an obstetrician-gynecologist.
Stomach ache due to the development of the following diseases:
- disease of the internal organs of the abdominal cavity;
- poisoning after eating;
- the bladder trouble;
- poor blood circulation in the abdomen;
- injury of the abdomen;
- pathology of the sternum, pneumonia, pericarditis, and more.
Don’t worry if the seizures are weak in nature and pass quickly. Most likely, this is due to fatigue, and temporary bowel dysfunction. Such phenomena rarely bother people and do not need treatment.
But if it hurts the stomach more than 5-10 minutes and is manifested as acute sharp pains for 2-3 weeks, this is a significant reason to make a diagnosis. This is due to high risk of serious illness. A doctor should be consulted if the attack is accompanied by fever, vomit, diarrhoea or constipation and fatigue. This whole set of symptoms speaks to the pathological process that can lead to serious consequences.
Localization of the pain syndrome
To fully deal with the question of why stomach hurts, you need to specify the location of the discomfort. On reception at the doctor of such a history will allow the specialist to understand which type of diagnostics to apply in the first place.
1. If my stomach hurts during inspiration and increases during the movement, it speaks about the disturbance in the spinal nerves. Most often, the pain is concentrated in one place. In this case you will need the help of a gastroenterologist and a neurologist.
2. In the upper pane on the right side disease of the liver, biliary tract, pancreas and others.
3. Abdominal cramps on the left side at the top indicates a disease of the stomach, colon and kidneys.
4. If discomfort in the lower abdomen, it indicates dysfunction of the reproductive system.
5. When my stomach hurts on the lower right side, at about 85 % – appendicitis.
To determine the exact location, you need to lie on your back. Relax, RUB your hands and place your hand where it hurts. Gently, with fingertips explore the entire area. Press down slightly and record where the pain is localized and where she gives in the stomach. Discomfort can be local in nature and give down into the lumbar, thoracic or stabbing in his side. Pay attention to additional symptoms – vomiting, stool, nausea and so on.
After palpation should remember the preceding events. In rare cases, the attack appears by itself. Almost always it is something stimulated by: physical stress, emotional state, eating food or alcohol beverages. Record how much time has passed, and how the disease behaved all this time in the build-up, cramps or indisposition arose sharply.
The pain can be recurring or constant, of varying intensity, as well as pull, whine and compress all the gut – all these factors are taken into account in the diagnosis. Identify the disease with 100% certainty is impossible.
The time of treatment to the doctor
A specialist who will help in establishing the correct diagnosis of the ailment and prescribe treatment – gastroenterologist. In some cases you’ll need a surgeon and a neurologist.
If stomach aches for more than two weeks, and the attacks are intermittent and first aid necessary in the following cases:
- temperature previously established diagnosis of jaundice, dark urine, vomit and stool of a light shade in the form of a paste;
- syndrome sharp pain, accompanied by bleeding from the uterus, had previously been a failure in menstruation;
- after the injury;
- the discomfort continues for more than three hours;
- hunger pains accompany a person every day.
Urgently to call an ambulance need if:
1. Attack occurs on the background of oral bleeding or vomiting “red-coffee grounds”.
2. The person dizzy, fainted, she is confused, rapid heart rate, and skin cold and clammy.
Remember that delay or ignore the malaise in the stomach is not necessary, as it will lead to irreversible consequences.