Every man has at times be faced with unpleasant sensations in the stomach. They may be harmless causes: overeating, unhealthy eating, and problems with the gastrointestinal tract caused by the disease.
Doctors do not recommend to ignore this symptom is a burning sensation because it can lead to serious consequences. It is better at once to eliminate by adopting certain measures than to wait for develop into chronic illness or malignant tumor.
Why there is burning on an empty stomach and after eating?
Before you begin treatment, you need to make the correct diagnosis and to identify the causes of a burning sensation in the stomach and esophagus. This should be done by a doctor, as without medical devices and tests to determine the problem extremely difficult. However, if there is no possibility in the next few days to see a specialist, try to self-diagnose a disease.
First you need to understand the symptoms of heartburn, not to confuse it with something else:
- Sensation of heat in the stomach and slight tingling. May experience a feeling that happens after eating a large quantity of spicy food or making of spirits.
- Sour taste in the mouth, belching. Often seen in people suffering from gastritis or stomach ulcer. The longer and more frequently they appear, the higher the probability that the disease is progressing.
- Nausea or vomiting, which occur shortly after eating. They can be accompanied by diarrhea.
If there is at least 1-2 of these symptoms, then it is certainly heartburn. It is accompanied by other unpleasant manifestations – weakness, fever, decrease in blood pressure.
Causes of burning sensation in the oesophagus and stomach is quite varied, and can only mention the most common ones:
1. An improper diet. If you frequently eat too spicy, sour and salty foods, and abuse alcohol, the probability of occurrence of heartburn becomes large. Even healthy people may experience this symptom when healthy food are switching to harmful.
2. Gastritis and stomach ulcers. Burning pain may occur due to damage to the lining of the esophagus. They are due to acids cause an unpleasant sensation that occurs before and after a meal.
3. The use of medicines. Everyone knows that strong medicines have a negative impact on the stomach, so after antibiotics occurs digestive disorder.
4. Stress. The human body in stressful situations influence in different ways. Some of the esophagus, which can lead to constipation, bloating or heartburn.
5. Pregnancy. This reason is probable, because of the burning suffered by many women in the first and third trimester. The problem occurs because of changes in hormonal balance or due to the pressure of the uterus on the stomach.
6. A malignant tumor. Cancer of the esophagus causes heartburn, but it is accompanied by vomiting, severe pain in the abdomen, stool disorder and other symptoms.
If the cause of burning sensation after a meal or to become a disease, it should be in the next few days to seem to the doctor. Only he can prescribe the right treatment.
It has already been said that heartburn can cause gastritis, ulcers and esophageal cancer. These ailments are more common than others and disturb many patients. They can diagnose, if a person also has diarrhea, sour belching, nausea, strong and cutting pains in the abdomen, regular discomfort and other. These symptoms can occur after meals or on an empty stomach.
In addition to these diseases the cause is DGR (duodenogastric reflux). It causes heartburn, belching, pain in the esophagus and tongue coating yellow in color. If the burning sensation persists, it could cause esophagitis. The disease is accompanied by inflammation. Characterized by difficulty and discomfort when swallowing, nausea and diarrhea. It is advisable to start treatment early in order to normalize the gastrointestinal tract.
Not all people have the opportunity or desire to visit a doctor so interested in the question in which cases should be referred to a specialist. It is desirable in any situation associated with heartburn, to go to the doctor, though, to make sure no serious diseases. Therapy at home does not always help, and sometimes leads to negative consequences. Therefore, it is better not to risk and to go to the hospital. Especially it should be done, if burning in the stomach accompanied by vomiting and diarrhea and did not pass.
Such pills as Fosfalyugel, Almagel, Maalox, zantac, Pancreatin, Festal, can only relieve heartburn, but not cured. They can be taken, if the symptom are highly disturbed or did not appear on time, but this will not be enough to get rid of the problem. Even if the doctor did not diagnose the disease, you need to change your lifestyle, otherwise you’ll have to regularly experience a burning sensation.
The first step is to start eating healthier is to eat 5 times a day in small portions, to only eat healthy foods, give up alcohol and Smoking. In addition, you need to fully sleep and try not to get into a stressful situation. When these conditions are heartburn if will bother, it is extremely rare.
From folk remedies to eliminate burning sensation in the stomach, it is possible to note baking soda diluted in water, activated charcoal, milk, sorrel, chamomile and St. John’s wort, Apple cider vinegar. There are alternatives to taking all these products. It is only necessary to regularly use one or more of them, consult your doctor.
You need to get rid of heartburn in time to avoid serious consequences. Enough to follow a proper diet and drink folk remedies or medicines that symptom forever stopped bothering.