Cramping painful sensation in the left hypochondrium, it speaks for thoracic medicine called gastralgia.
This condition can occur after a meal or on an empty stomach, accompanied by symptoms such as abdominal discomfort, heartburn, belching with an unpleasant or neutral odor (air discharge), a violation of the act of defecation.
Simple hunger is a natural reaction of the body signaling the person that he needs as quickly as possible to replenish energy. The appearance of pain in the epigastrium with this condition is an abnormal phenomenon, which points to a clear failure in the digestive system and requires adequate treatment.
The clinical picture of this pathological process, this is usually these symptoms:
1. The stomach pain of varying intensity (it is radiating, aching, burning, cutting, throbbing).
2. Weak with nausea.
3. Pain under the spoon (the place where it joins the ribs) and chest pull (sometimes localization is atypical in nature, for example, erosivno-azwenne defeat and the extension of antral gastric Department or a reversal of a hollow organ to the right due to an excessively large size of the colon are often the cause of the seizures in the right upper quadrant).
4. Sour vomiting.
It is also important to understand that tashakova gastralgia is different from other varieties of it: first, it arises as soon as people got hungry (mostly 5-7 hours after meals, but may be earlier); second, pain after eating (even a small snack) or drink quickly eliminated. Should undergo gastroscopy and submit the required tests for the laboratory tests, because the cause can sometimes be quite a serious disease.
Causes of discomfort
The presence of hungry stomach pain is often characteristic of people who observe a strict diet or suffering from bulimia and anorexia. The main precipitating factor in this situation is considered malnutrition. When a person for a long time suffering from hunger, the stomach starts to hurt, because of the secreted juice instead of food gradually erodes the wall of the digestive organ. Also cause discomfort in the epigastric region can become mental and emotional disorders.
We can not exclude such a provocateur, as predjisone/ulcerative condition of the stomach or duodenum. The main characteristic of the pain syndrome are as follows:
- its location is noted between both costal arches;
- gastralgia is so intense that restricts the movement of the person, and it takes a certain attitude;
- the attack appears in between meals, morning or night; passes after drinking milk, eating;
- the pain of duodenal ulcer may be formed after 2-3 hours after a meal, while gastric pathology even earlier – an hour and a half.
Chronic gastritis also becomes the cause of the hungry pains, which are subject to mandatory treatment. Otherwise, it is possible to transform a simple (catarrhal) form of the disease more difficult: corrosive gastritis (stomach wall observed necrotic-inflammatory changes – erosion) or abscess (when the mucous membrane are shaped purulent lesions).
If the disease is in the acute stage (her main symptoms – dizziness, fever, nausea, gray or white coating on the tongue), it can also be hunger pains in the stomach on an empty stomach because the content of hydrochloric acid in the gastric juice significantly increased. This type of gastritis is called hyperacidity.
Since the human condition is directly dependent on diurnal cycles, the culprit is hungry pain in the morning may be just the lack of sleep, and in the evening or at night – body weakness, fatigue.
Gastralgia of pregnancy
In pregnancy stomach pain can cause:
- 1. rare/improper nutrition due to morning sickness;
- 2. a drastic reorganization of a hormonal background;
- 3. compression and displacement of the gastrointestinal tract due to the rapid growth of the uterus.
Than to treat?
Many, perceiving pain attack that occurred on an empty stomach, as the usual hunger, quickly try to eat. It weakens after a meal, but if it is one of the hallmarks of the pathology of the digestive system, it will soon appear again. So the first thing to do is to visit the doctor-gastroenterologist (as a matter of urgency if discomfort in the abdomen became constant). The next step is a balanced diet with the rejection of bad habits. Food should be warm: too hot/cold foods can worsen the condition.
Treatment with medicines is appointed solely by the professionals, especially during pregnancy.
Depending on the outcome of the examination, the therapy consists of the following drugs:
- 1. painkillers and antispasmodics (no-Spa, Ketonal, Analgin);
- 2. of antibiotics (are accepted only in identifying the pylorus of the stomach pathogen Helicobacter Pylori);
- 3. drugs that restore normal motility of the gastrointestinal tract (for example, Reglan, Metoclopramide);
- 4. protivoraketnyi drugs – blockers hydrochloric acid (Pantoprazole, Omeprazole, Lansoprazole);
- 5. hepatoprotectors;
- 6. antidepressants.
Alternative medicine is able to fight with hungry stomach pain with proper use and in the absence of hypersensitivity to the components. Especially effective:
- A decoction of airnogo root (Acorus calamus).
Preparation: 10 g of dried crushed rhizomes pour 200 g of boiling water (always refrigerated), ingredients are put on the flame and boil languishing after another quarter of an hour. Make the broth as a way of getting rid of hungry pain can adults (50 g 30 minutes before meals) and children (1-2 tablespoons).
This product perfectly neutralizes high levels of acidity. For this you need to use it in the morning in the amount of 2-3 g strictly on an empty stomach. But the most effective is the combination of cinnamon with honey. This mixture helps to cure even the plague.
- Flax seed decoction.
Preparation: ½ teaspoon flax seed, pour boiling water (100 ml), thoroughly shaken. Features: stomach pain will leave, if taken treatment liquid 3 times a day for ¼ Cup.
- An herbal infusion.
This popular method of treatment allows to get rid of many unpleasant symptoms: hyperacidity, abdominal discomfort, heartburn, nervous irritability, flatulence, pain in the stomach. To prepare the remedy is easy: only need to mix taken in equal proportions chamomile flowers, peppermint, marshmallow root, Valerian root, herb St. John’s wort, and 1 tablespoon of the collection pour a glass of boiling water. Infusion should drink 100 grams before meals.