The survey is divided into simultaneous and fractional. The first method uses a probe with a thick diameter. However, this method is now obsolete because of the pain and low quality of the data obtained. Training consisted of difficult stages experienced by the patient.
The second way is modern through the use of a thin tube. During the procedure, a review and assessment of gastric juice at different stages of digestion. The study is carried out on an empty stomach, from which by means of a probe extracts the contents and collect the released juice for further analysis. Work gastric secretion stimulating drugs.
Sounding of the stomach as a method of examination is used to detect a range of gastrointestinal diseases. The modern technique allows the doctor to see the clinical picture of the digestive system, to make an accurate diagnosis and prescribe the correct treatment.
The study is the thin gastric probe in a plastic tube, made of modern materials. The tool was made with a wide hole that was causing the patient severe discomfort. At the moment it was modernized, it equipped with a video camera, and the hole diameter is 13 mm. This improvement allows the sensing of the stomach thin probe painless.
Indications and contraindications
The sensing of the stomach should only be performed for the detection of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, including in the formulation of the primary diagnosis:
- chronic inflammation of the esophagus and others.
The method is applied for detecting diseases of the stomach, and artificial feeding of the patient. For patients who are in a coma or unable to make their own food, sensing is the only option meal. In some cases, this method helps to wash out the stomach in cases of severe intoxication.
Despite a wide range of applications and high information content, remote sensing has a number of contraindications. The survey is not carried out to individuals with a diagnosis of
- stomach bleeding;
- the improper functioning of the circulatory system;
- stenosis of the esophagus;
- during pregnancy.
If there is one of the above reasons, the study replaced by another method. Most often used a special substance to urine color – the deeper the shade, the higher level of acidity.
In modern medicine sensing is the only reliable examination of the gastrointestinal tract. Other diagnostics cannot completely replace it.
The preparatory phase
Almost every patient who was administered study probe feels fear. But modern medicine has perfected the technique, which occurs gag reflex and painful syndrome.
Diagnosis is preceded by preparation, which is as follows:
- stopping food and water for 15 hours before the start of sensing;
- some days you need to stop taking products that stimulate the production of gastric juices;
- the procedure is performed on an empty stomach;
- the rejection of the use of tobacco, caffeine, alcohol-containing products and drugs;
- dentures, if present, are removed prior to the diagnosis;
- to avoid a nervous overstrain.
Preparation for sensing does not require the patient’s specific actions. However, all physician should be performed rigorously. This will allow the patient to feel comfortable in the study, even if it is a few hours.
In the treatment room of a human is prepared as follows:
- 1. The patient is on the couch, taking a horizontal position on the left side.
- 2. Thorax and abdomen cover it with a napkin to avoid soiling when spitting.
- 3. The oral cavity is processed produces the anasthetic means.
- 4. The doctor’s assistant, making the preparation of the mouth, sets the medical ring that prevents the clenching of the jaws.
- 5. During the introduction of the probe patient makes swallowing movements, the tool is penetrated into the stomach.
- 6. The length to which it goes down depends on the physiological characteristics of the patient (growth).
- 7. To prevent excessive dropping of the tool it is fixed on the clothes of the patient.
After the introduction of the probe is suction of gastric secretion. The preparation for the sounding is over. Description of the diagnostic process, read on.
How is the procedure?
The process of sensing, including training, can take 2-3 hours, depending on the condition of the patient. Throughout time, the patient does not feel discomfort.
The technique of sensing consists of several stages:
- With a pump installed in the probe, there is a collection of the stomach contents. In an hour to collect four portions.
- Stimulates production of gastric juice to detect the reaction of the body.
- Half an hour later are re-fence.
Then conducted laboratory analysis, which sets the level of acidity, the composition of peptides and other substances. The doctor assesses the appearance, smell and structure on the basis of which can make a diagnosis.