Treatment of gastritis, chronic as in acute phase and acute, initially involves treatment with several drugs, some of which are directed on elimination of clinical symptoms of the stomach while others work on the cause of the inflammatory process in it.
In the list of medicines that help treat symptoms aggravated and protracted acute gastritis include:
1. POLYSORB, Smectite – antidiarrheal means, deducing slags and toxins.
2. Espumizan – carminative, which can be used not only in adults and adolescents but also younger children, in particular newborns.
3. Motilium, Reglan, Fractal, Reglan, Domstal, Motilal, Ganaton – prokinetics, the focus of which is to stimulate the motility of the gastrointestinal tract, with equal success are used in the treatment of chronic and acute gastritis.
4. Analgin, Baralgin, Nitroglycerine, But-shpu, Papaverine, Mebeverine Halidorum – antispasmodics and analgesics.
5. Motonium, Domperidone, Metoclopramide and described above prokineticakimi funds (the same as Reglan, Motilium, Reglan) – acting as drugs antiemetic action due to the influence of the mediators of Central nervous system serotonin and dopamine.
6. Fenistil, Suprastin, Zyrtec – antihistamine gastritis (if lesions of the stomach associated with allergies to foods).
7. Amitriptyline, Alimemazin, Valerian – provided psychotropic means (in the case of provoking inflammation of the mucous membrane, frequent stress).
All of these drugs can significantly ease the state of patient with gastritis in the acute stage, but to cure the disease is not possible, because they do not address the root cause of the pathology.
With the aim of getting rid of the disease specialists prescribe drugs:
- eliminates the pathogenic agent is a spiral bacterium that lives in the pylori, Helicobacter Pylori;
- restoring normal levels of acidity in the digestive organ.
Since the malicious microorganism Helicobacter Pylori is the main provocateur of all gastrointestinal diseases, can get rid of it the same antibacterial agents that are used in the stomach ulcer. Use the following antibiotics:
1. Azithromycin – vysokachestvennye in antihelicobacter therapy of the drug class macrolides, capsules and tablets which is contraindicated to children under 16 years of age;
2. The roxithromycin – cure of gastritis and ulcers, assign an adult to 1 tablet morning and evening, the child – considering his age and body weight;
3. Ampicillin is an effective bactericide in the treatment of chronic gastritis belonging to the group of penicillins; can be used in Pediatrics;
4. Elobact – combined tool is effective against many anaerobic, gram-negative and gram-positive organisms; limitation in use – the first trimester of pregnancy, lactation period, liver disease; children under 12 years not recommended.
Can also be used Neomycin, Tetracycline, Chloramphenicol, Cephalexin, best reviews from patients and doctors got antibiotics Clarithromycin and Amoxicillin. Both drugs can successfully treat as gastritis and stomach ulcers. Gastroenterologists often use a combination of the two, because microbes have the ability to get used to one active substance.
In the list of normalizing the acidity of the digestive juice are the means, selected by the doctors depending on the concentration of acid in it.
If the patient has gastritis with high acidity, you can apply:
- Ranitidine – pills that reduce the amount of hydrochloric acid in the stomach and reduces the activity of pepsin with subsequent increase in the pH content;
- Omeprazole is not just a medicine against stomach ulcers and inflammation, which developed on the background of intensive selection of aggressive elements in the gastric juice, but also the inhibitor (inhibition function) the exchange of hydrogen ions;
- antacids drugs that neutralize the hydrochloric acid in the stomach (aluminium phosphate gel, Almagel, Antacid, Maalox, Malakal, Gaviscon).
All these medicines are rarely used as monotherapy gastritis with high acidity: the experts include them in the part of complex treatment. We should also say about such modern means antacid effect, as Gested and Racer. They differ from their predecessors in that in addition to the normalization of the concentration of acid in the digestive juice which is able to eliminate the unpleasant symptoms of flatulence.
In case of revealing at the patient of gastritis with low acidity the doctor prescribes replacement therapy drugs (e.g. tablets atsidin-pepsin, diluted with water, natural gastric juice) and multienzyme drugs (Mezim, panzinorm, Festal). Occasionally is assigned to a course of anabolic steroid hormones (Silabolin, Fenobolin). Children will help pharmacy the Pepsin in powder form. It is dissolved both in water and in 1-3% strength solution of hydrochloric acid (hcl). Dosing, based on the age of the child varies from 0.05 to 0.3 g per day adult dose of the drug can reach up to 0.5 g.
In the treatment of chronic and acute forms it is also important not only to eliminate the pathogenic factor and get rid of clinical signs, but to restore, protect the stomach wall.
Drugs enveloping action
To the list of drugs protective (protective) actions include:
1. Cytotec/Misoprostol increases the resistance of the mucous layer to harmful agents; effective for prevention and treatment of ulcers, in particular, erosive gastritis of the stomach; the reception of Misoprostol is strictly contraindicated in pregnancy because it can cause labor;
2. Sucralfate/Venter – gastroprotective drug, prevents the damaging effects of bile salts, hydrochloric acid and pepsin in digestive organ;
3. Solcoseryl is needed to accelerate a regenerative process in the walls of the stomach.
How to treat acute gastritis and other forms, is always determined by the doctor, because self-medication is fraught with serious complications. All medicines taken so long and at that dose, as indicated by the doctor. During the entire course excluded the use of alcohol, and also requires the diet.