Stomach pain are the most common complaints of patients on the doctor’s appointment. The culprits of this symptom can be diseases of the stomach and intestines, the liver, inflammation of the appendicitis.
In some diseases of the heart pain is also localized in the abdomen. In order to put the correct diagnosis, you should consult a doctor as yourself to figure out why there was discomfort, it is not possible. This article will describe in detail the symptomatic picture of stomach pain and how to cure the disease, allowing the patient to determine the cause and timely to visit a therapist.
In the diagnosis it is important to correctly and accurately identify where it hurts.
This is necessary for diagnosis and treatment.
- Localization is the location of the hearth. This should take the supine position. Gently palpate the abdomen and to fix the seat, causing discomfort. In the classical case, reflects the symptom of pain stricken body. For example, disease of the esophagus, the pain will be projected into the stomach. Discomfort in the upper part under the right edge is the cause of liver disease.
- The nature of sensations – sharp, nagging, dull, cramping, aching, etc.
- Associated symptoms – gag reflex, nausea, increased body temperature, diarrhea, increased discomfort when changing position.
- Then there was a pain in the stomach – stress, physical stress, food, use of alcohol-containing products, medicines, drugs.
Based on the characteristics of the patient may pre-identify the cause of illness. Accordingly, to take measures to reduce the symptoms of the disease and the time to begin treatment.
Let us consider in detail, when any illness occurs, one or another kind of pain:
- 1. Localization of pain in the upper abdomen, which is manifested as sharp, dull, arching or, more often appears after the consumption of heavy meals, caffeine, and stress. Associated symptoms – dry mouth, nausea, diarrhea or vomiting. Possible cause – gastritis or gastric ulcer.
- 2. Pain in the middle of the abdomen that occurs suddenly, with sharp and severe cramping. If the patient feels weak and cold, i.e. suspected intestinal colic caused by overeating.
- 3. Pain in upper abdomen right in the middle of the type of fencing and accompanied by an unpleasant taste in the mouth and high fever. If the person has taken alcohol or eat fatty foods, the preliminary cause of the discomfort – pancreatitis acute.
- 4. Pain at top of abdomen in the middle is manifested as strong and sharp. The patient experiences frequent urination, and before that was using diuretic products. This is a sign of renal colic.
- 5. If the patient says that hurts the entire area of the stomach and complains of nausea, elevated body temperature and weakness. These symptoms are a sign of the inflammatory process in the abdominal cavity or peritonitis.
- 6. Sharp and severe pain in the lower part of the stomach in women. With signs of discharge from genital organs, temperature, and diarrhea (rarely) cause disorders in the urinary system.
- 7. Pain in the umbilical region associated with a disorder in the intestines or is a sign of appendicitis. Last inflamed, causing constipation. Without proper treatment, the Appendix can rupture and cause peritonitis, which is dangerous for life.
- 8. Pain localized in the left upper part of the stomach, talking about the dysfunction of the colon and pancreas.
- 9. If hurts in the right upper part indicates that the inflammatory process in the gall bladder. Spasm may radiate to the center of the stomach or the back.
Symptomatic picture stomach pain is a symptom of:
- 1. Gastritis. Is an inflammatory process resulting from infection.
- 2. Stomach ulcer – as a consequence of prolonged gastritis.
- 3. Obstruction of the stomach. Characterized by blocking the lower portion of the body and duodenum. Causes – polyps, cancer, stenosis.
- 4. Hernia of the esophagus. Occurs because of consuming food in which it penetrates through the hole of the diaphragm into the stomach.
- 5. Stenosis of the esophagus occurs with vomiting and nausea immediately after eating.
Often the clinical picture is caused by the following diseases:
- irritation of the intestinal mucosa;
- inflammation in the digestive tract;
- disease of the spleen and others.
In addition to these diseases, describe symptoms occurs when food poisoning. Treat should be a method of cleansing the digestive tract. This will help the sorbents, excessive drinking and enema (in the absence of contraindications). Next record to a specialist as needed.
Among people suffering from stomach pain in the upper part, and in other areas, common mistake – when it hurts, immediately accepted pain medicine. This is not necessary, as pain is a protective function of the body. Signals the body it is necessary to correctly recognize and time to seek treatment at the hospital. Getting rid of the discomfort cannot be considered to be the causes of the disease. And in particularly severe cases, the use of antispasmodics, only complicates the establishment of a correct diagnosis.
Regardless of the nature of pain, consultation with a qualified professional is required. This will not only help to determine the right cause and to cure the disease, but also to avoid complications.
To seek urgent medical assistance should:
- The patient complains that it hurts at the top and the discomfort continues for more than one week.
- In addition to pain is present dark urine, light stools, severe vomiting and nausea, jaundice.
- Vaginal bleeding, failure of the menstrual cycle.
- Sharp pain for more than two hours.
Urgent hospitalization is needed if:
- The pain is accompanied by rectal bleeding, vomiting blood or a substance resembling coffee grounds.
- Delirium, dizziness, rapid pulse, skin feels sticky and cold.
Up to the time you visit the cabin of a physician is strictly forbidden to take pain medication. When it hurts at the top or bottom, you can’t put a heating pad until the diagnosis is established. It is advisable to apply the ice. If in addition to pain, vomiting, diarrhea, fever and nausea, it should be alerted as it is a symptom of pathological processes.
In that case, when a malaise manifests itself after a meal and this happens rarely and lasts a short time, most often the reason lies in the overeating. It is necessary to review the regime and diet and to try to stabilize him: the fractional consumption of food, dinner three hours before sleep, to drink more water.
Systematic pain in the upper region and the related temperature is a clear indication for urgent treatment in the clinic. The danger lies in severe disease. Prohibits self-treatment. It is important to stop eating and immediately to visit a gastroenterologist or physician.
How to treat ailments of the stomach at the top before the visit to the doctor:
- To get rid of nausea, you should drink plenty of purified water, mint tea, diluted baking soda or Apple cider vinegar.
- More rest and sleep.
- If you have the urge to vomit, lots of it. With the mass of the body leave bacteria.
- Gentle massage of the abdomen.
- The rejection of carbonated drinks, alcohol, drugs and tobacco.
- After eating a leisurely walk and a short rest.