Every person in my life many times faced with the abdominal pain. Starting in infancy, a child is bullied intestinal colic, food poisoning, infection. Improper diet, bad habits and constant work stress in adulthood leads to the development of gastritis with high acidity, gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer, cholecystitis, pancreatitis.
Older people often suffer from gastritis with low acidity, bowel dyskinesia, a different sort of atrophy of internal organs. Each of these diseases is accompanied by painful cramping, debilitating human activity for a long time.
This article aims to examine the use of pharmacy pain medicine for relief of stomach pain.
Selection of pain pills is on the basis of diagnosis and prescription.
If the pain is not acute, you can try to reduce in the home, by selecting one of the medicines based on the age and sex of the patient, location of pain and symptoms:
- The bubbling, bloating, diarrhea, pulling and aching pain in the left abdomen below the navel indicates problems in the gut. Help antispasmodics, chelators and the defoamer, if a strong temperature one-time added analgesics.
- Pain in the right hypochondrium – a sign of disruption of the gallbladder, biliary tract and liver. Before turning to the doctor can only be applied antispasmodics.
- At the right side below the liver is a symptom of appendicitis. They are not amenable to conservative treatment. In addition, the reception antispasmodics and narcotic analgesics may worsen the patient’s condition.
- In lower abdomen in women – menstrual. They facilitate non-narcotic analgesics and antispasmodics.
- Girdle pain from the back to the belly button – a sign of pancreatitis. It is not recommended to use any painkillers until the doctor’s visit.
- Stabbing pain in left upper quadrant can be a sign of heart disease. In this case, accept Valokardin or Nitroglycerin.
- Migrating pain of unknown origin, are not amenable to therapy, can be a symptom of osteochondrosis. To remove them required physical education and special course of treatment prescribed by the spine or a neurologist.
Overview of effective drugs for pain
Abdominal pain above belly button usually indicates disorders of the mucous membrane of the stomach or duodenum. Related heartburn and diarrhea suggests gastritis with hyperacidity, belching, heaviness in the stomach and nausea – low acidity.
It is possible to treat two types of fight the direct cause of the pain or the transmission of pain impulses to the brain.
List of painkillers used to combat the causes of stomach pain:
- Chelators – activated charcoal, Smectite. Help with pain caused by poisoning, bacterial infections, flatulence. Weak, slow and safe for the body type of drugs.
- Defoamer – derivatives of Simethicone, the most famous – Espumizan. Help with flatulence of any kind, have no side effects and contra-indications associated with diseases of the stomach, age or pregnancy.
- Absorbable antacids such as calcium carbonate, magnesium carbonate, soda, Rennie. Quickly relieves pain in the stomach, esophagus and intestines, associated with high acidity. Have unpleasant side effects acid rebound and a strong burp, therefore, not recommended for modern gastroenterology.
- Nonabsorbable antacids – magnesium hydroxide and aluminium in combination with chelators or antifoaming agents, such as Almagel, Maalox, Gastal. Capable of long time to lower the acidity in the stomach, analgesic effect is a bit slow, but no significant side effects.
- Funds to accelerate peristalsis – Reglan, Motilium. Helps with gastritis with low acidity. Affect the nervous system, so have multiple contraindications.
- Enzyme preparations, nicotinic acid. Prevent the occurrence of pain in gastritis with low acidity. For the relief of the outbreak of the attack ineffective.
- Spazmolitiki – But-shpa, Papaverine, and others. Relaxes muscle spasms, significantly ease pain of internal organs. No-Spa a must for any home kit. Has no contraindications related to diseases of the stomach or pregnancy.
List of drugs used to mask pain:
- Non-narcotic analgesics Analginum, Aspirin, Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Diclofenac and others. Apply at a weak and moderate pain, and temperature. Without prescription allowed short-term course of treatment is recommended in the instructions doses. Prolonged use will develop toxic liver damage.
- Weak opioids – codeine (Solpadein, Tramalgin). Used to combat pain of moderate to severe intensity. Without a prescription allowed a single dose for the relief of a severe attack with the aim to get to the hospital. Very few types of such drugs are sold without prescription.
A stomach ulcer is an extensive chemical damage to the mucous membranes. Patients contraindicated the use of oral analgesics of any kind, additionally izyaslau the surface of the gastrointestinal tract.
To treat used drugs, analgesic properties which is based on the reduction of aggressiveness of gastric secretion – antacids and inhibitors of the proton channel. Pain, accompanied by spasms of the stomach and vomiting, is much weaker after taking antispasmodics.
Drugs in pregnancy and for children
A pregnant woman needs to think about what pain medication will help the pain in the stomach, without hurting the child. Each expectant mother needs to know what tablets to drink for pain in the back and stomach that occurs with the growth of the fetus after the 20th week of pregnancy.
List of painkillers that are valid for use by pregnant:
- Chelators, defoamers, nonabsorbable antacids, enzymes – all kinds. Not absorbed by the shell of the gastrointestinal tract, is safe for a child.
- Pepto is safe for the child, in addition to the main effect reduces the likelihood of miscarriage or premature birth. Contraindicated in hypotensive patients, to mothers with severe diseases of heart, liver and kidneys.
- Non-narcotic analgesics – for Pain (one-time only in the second trimester), Paracetamol (periodically, starting with the 5th of the month), Ibuprofen (one-time, in the first and second trimester), Diclofenac. The use of such means the risk to the child, it is possible to go only in a pinch.
Newborns suffer the most from dysfunctions of the bowel and are more vulnerable to the negative effect of tablets. The use of antacids and enzymes under the age of 5 years must be confirmed by the pediatrician, it is not recommended the use of antispasmodics and analgesics, are contraindicated funds to accelerate peristalsis. Children aged 5-14 years are contraindicated to give any opiates, other analgesics need to assign carefully.