Stomach pain is the most common symptom of a developing pathology of the digestive system. Pain differ in character, duration, extent and localization. Most of the diseases of the stomach starts with a dull, aching pain. The nature of the symptoms depends on the cause of the unpleasant symptoms.
Pain in the stomach can be symptoms of diseases such as:
- Gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer.
- Neurological disorders.
- Polyps of the mucosa.
- Menetrier Disease.
- Moved foodborne diseases.
- Severe poisoning with chemicals.
What causes pain?
1. Causes of dull pain in the stomach area are often errors in diet, overeating, depression, excessive physical activity, long treatment of chemotherapy.
2. Gastritis or inflammation of the mucous membrane is the most common lesion of the digestive tract. He manifests a dull pain in the epigastric region, belching, loss of appetite. The pain is permanent and may worsen after meals. In the acute phase the symptoms even accompanied by nausea and vomiting.
3. In peptic ulcer disease in the initial stages, the dull pain is constant. Depending on the localization of the erosive process, pain can be on an empty stomach, the so-called “hunger pain”; and after the meal, when increases the production of gastric juice. Gradually the patient begins to lose weight completely disappears appetite, appears belching air after a meal. The lack of treatment becomes the cause of the pain is quite intense in nature. With the accession of complications such as bleeding are nausea and vomiting “coffee grounds” stool almost black in color.
4. Stress, neurological disorders, stroke, myocardial infarction, contribute to the appearance of ulcers of Curling and Cushing’s. The surge of hormones has a destructive impact on the wall, which leads to dyspeptic disorders with pain in the stomach.
5. The pain experienced in the back, if the pathological changes affect the pancreas. In this case, patients broken chair, there is flatulence, nausea, sometimes skin may become jaundiced.
6. Cancer quite often is the cause of severe pain in the stomach dull character. In the initial stages it is short in duration and is accompanied by loss of appetite, weakness, weight loss, low-grade fever. In cancer patients, significantly changes the color of the skin because of increasing anemia. Gradually, the skin becomes pale with a grayish tinge. Cancer can be suspected when combined dull pain in the abdomen and the emergence of a perverse taste in my mouth. Often, these patients fail to carry meat and fish, even the smell. They have felt the feeling of stretching after a small amount of the ingested food. Then attaches belching with an unpleasant sulfur odor, nausea and vomiting stagnant content.
7. Cause of pain in the epigastrium is sometimes in such a rare disease, as menetrier disease, or chronic hypertrophic gastritis poligonometrii. Usually, the pathology begins gradually, with a dull pain in the epigastric region. Then join vomiting, diarrhea, flatulence, belching, frequent stomach bleeding and severe loss of body weight. In advanced cases, malabsorption of protein can cause edema and severe metabolic changes.
8. The pain and belching after eating is a sign of retention of food in the stomach. Stagnation may be due to malformations – stenosis. This pathology comes to be suspected in children or young people. Typically, patients with this disease stanichny, pale. They often appear dull pain and heaviness in the stomach, regurgitation of acidic contents. With the progression of the disease itself with vomiting of food, adopted the day before.
9. Diverticulosis and polyposis occur with pain and belching after eating, loss of appetite, regurgitation of acid content, bloating.
10. Toxicity to disrupt the motor activity of the digestive tube, there is pain in the region of the stomach with air swallowing, flatulence, intense weakness and headaches.
Features of therapy
To heal pain syndrome is possible, only by knowing the reason that caused it. You will need to undergo a series of examinations that are prescribed by the doctor. For a correct diagnosis are: EFGDS, radiography and General tests.
Treatment of mucositis includes:
- Drugs of chemotherapy.
- Vitamin therapy.
- Surgical treatment.
- Symptomatic therapy.
Diet plays a very important role in the treatment. Food should be taken 5-6 times a day in small portions, in the form of heat.
- Spicy, salty, fried.
- Smoked meats and sausages.
- Onion, garlic, parsley.
- Acidic fruits and vegetables.
- Fresh pastries.
- Rye bread.
- Coffee, chocolate, strong tea.
- Bananas, pineapples.
- Boiled meat, fish, poultry, lean young meat.
- Cereal, water, pasta, rice.
- Steamed vegetables, mashed potatoes, souffle.
- Soups pureed.
- Jelly compotes.
- Stale white bread with a small amount of oil.
- Patties and meatballs for a couple.
- Fruit jellies, cocoa.
Principles of the diet should take into account the phase of the disease and comorbidities.
Medication aching pain in the stomach provides for the appointment of such drugs as:
1. Antacids. These substances reduce secretion of gastric juice and have a enveloping effect. These tools include: Almagel, aluminium phosphate gel, Gastal. They administered 40 minutes before a meal, or after 120.
2. Drugs that block excessive work of cells: Omeprazole, Rabeloc, Alsapan.
3. Increased peristalsis and hypersecretion of becoming the cause of frequent pain, the drug is used subcutaneously atropine, platifillin, metatsin. These medicinal substances are assigned and administered only under the supervision of a physician, as they have a lot of side effects.
4. Gastroprotectia – for the treatment of damaged endothelial cells and prevent the reproduction of bacteria-Helikobakter pylori. This group includes: Solcoseryl, Sucralfate, De-Nol, Actovegin.
5. Antibiotics are used in case of confirmed presence Helikobakter pylori. Amikacin, Amoxicillin, Metrogel will help to destroy the bacteria and eliminate the damaging factor.
6. Auxiliary treatment necessary for relief of bloating, pain, cramps, vomiting and nausea. Used no-Spa, Motilium, Drug, Reglan. These medications also relieve the feeling of heaviness and fullness. The enzymatic deficiency corrected hilak-Forte, Festal, Panzinorm, CREON.
7. Aloe Vera has a stimulating effect on the trophism of the stomach. To enter it you need 1 ml subcutaneously.
8. Vitamin therapy needed to restore the General strength of the organism and stimulate the regeneration of skin cells. Mainly in diseases of the stomach use the b vitamins E, 1, In6, In12.
9. Resorted to surgery in severe and complicated cases of gastric ulcer. Apply the technique of resection Billroth or the intersection of certain branches of nerves, stimulating the production of gastric juice.
10. To eliminate the pain and inflammatory process using ultrasonic treatment, the galvanization and electrophoresis with no-Spa and papaverine. The use of physiotherapy allows to achieve stable remission.
11. Physical therapy at the stages shown Spa treatment or in the period after the elimination of acute inflammatory process. In Oncology to do physical therapy is absolutely contraindicated.
12. Gastric cancer treated surgically with subsequent long-term chemotherapy.
When to see a doctor?
What to do if the pain does not disappear? All cases of permanent, intractable abdominal pain, they should be thoroughly investigated. In recent years, the frequency of cancer lesions reached very high numbers, even among young people, it is necessary to take into account.
The doctor should apply in the if diet and the use of basic means of treatment do not bring their results. The prognosis of gastritis and peptic ulcer disease, as a rule, favorable. It is important to remember that the aggravation of chronic diseases in the autumn-spring period.