Focal superficial gastritis is considered the initial stage of severe forms. But if the time to eliminate the causes, the mucosa is able to fully recover to a normal state, especially at a young age.
Otherwise, the inflammation would spread beyond the mucosa and invasion of the deeper layers of the walls, which can cause atrophy of the glands and serious violations in the activities of the entire digestive system.
Causes of focal gastritis
Focal superficial gastritis is mostly formed under the influence of the following factors:
1. Infection of the bacterium Helicobacter pylori. The bacterium enters the human body from other people via shared utensils, close contact with a carrier of the infection, personal hygiene items (toothbrush). Attach in the stomach, the bacterium secretes enzymes that destroy the protective mucous layer, the wounded tissue does not resist the own acid of the gastric juice, which causes inflammation.
2. Congenital or acquired weakness of the muscles of the sphincter muscle between the duodenum 12 and the stomach, resulting in pathological reflux of bile.
3. Taking certain medications that irritate, for example, hormonal drugs, analgesics.
4. Abuse of spicy, smoked food, soda. Irregular meals, dry food, fast food.
5. Autoimmune diseases.
Gastritis is called inflammation of the stomach lining. If diagnosed with superficial gastritis, then it affects only the surface layer, the activity of the gastric glands are not violated and there is a favorable prognosis for recovery. The concept of focal gastritis clarifies that the changes only relate to certain areas on the mucosal surface that are concentrated in certain areas. The pockets can be of different sizes. Most often, focal gastritis in the stomach is localized in the lower part (antrum), near the entrance to the duodenum. Therefore, this type is also called the antrum.
In the initial stages people might not guess that he started to have focal superficial gastritis, do not pay attention to weak irregular symptoms. This leads to the fact that the patient later turns to the experts when gastritis is distributed on the entire surface of the mucosa, transformirovalsya in the more severe form, which is difficult to cure.
Symptoms of focal gastritis is not much different from other types. In some cases, patients notice the following signs:
- Heartburn, nausea, burping, upset his chair.
- The feeling of heaviness and fullness.
- Pain in the upper abdomen after eating spicy food, carbonated or alcoholic beverages.
Diagnosis and therapy
To identify focal gastritis and specify its type by using gastroskopie. No need to be afraid of the procedure and research methodology is not too comfortable for the patient, but modern equipment allows us to reduce the discomfort to a minimum. Simultaneously, the specialist will make collection of material for testing for the bacteria Helicobacter Pilari. It is known that the presence of these bacteria in the stomach responsible for chronic gastritis and peptic ulcer disease with periodic exacerbations.
Treatment of focal gastritis is selected based on the presence of symptoms, patient’s complaints and the degree of functional disorders of the digestive system. Drug therapy is aimed primarily at protecting the mucous membrane, and must ensure the normalization of acidity and stimulation of motility.
If during the examination revealed the presence of Helicobacter pylori infection, prescribe a course of antibiotic therapy because without the elimination of the stimulus to cure focal gastritis is impossible, as well as drugs that reduce the production of gastric glands hydrochloric acid. Specific medications, dosage and length of treatment prescribed by a doctor.
To cure the disease or to achieve long-term remission will be released only if the patient is willing to change their lifestyle and follow a special diet for gastritis. You must give up alcohol and cigarettes, to respect the day as possible to avoid stressful situations or to train the nervous system on the resistance to stress.
Advice on nutrition
Diet in focal gastritis is the main component of the successful treatment of any type because food is a major irritant to the inflamed walls of the stomach, and poor diet is the cause of frequent exacerbations.
In focal gastritis should refrain from eating food:
- strong tea and coffee;
- pickles, smoked meat, pickled food and spicy seasonings;
- fried foods;
- fatty meals;
- vegetables with crude fiber (cabbage, turnips, onions) and all legumes;
- semi-finished products with dyes and additives.
Compliance with nutritional advice is the best way to normalize the stomach:
- eat in small portions after equal intervals of time, 6 times a day;
- eat slowly, sitting at the table chewing each piece;
- the dishes should be warm and comfortable temperature, to exclude all smokin ‘ hot and very cold.
The patient is assigned diet number 1, which suggests the following principles of choice of dishes:
1. Cereals. Be sure to include in your daily diet cereal those who have stomach problems. Cereal boiled in water or milk, cereals thoroughly to tenderize. During periods of exacerbation you need to eat a pureed mush. Preference for oatmeal and buckwheat porridge, but you can also eat cream of wheat and rice. It is better not to use quick-cooking cereals, they are useless.
2. Bread. During exacerbation need to discard any bread products. In remission let’s say stale wheat bread, crackers, dried (not fried!) toast.
3. Soups. In the diet soups to be sure, but properly cooked. Excluded strong meat broths and broths from purchased cubes. Soups it is better to do on the basis of highly diluted meat, chicken or vegetable broth. You can prepare vegetable soup with cereal.
4. Vegetables and potatoes. Any vegetables consumed during remission only boiled or steamed. On fried potatoes and fries to forget!
5. Meat and fish. Must be in the diet, only low-fat varieties. Meat preference is given to veal, chicken, rabbit, fish – Pollock, pike-perch, hake. Meat and fish eaten in boiled or vapor form, preferably in the form of a soufflé or meatballs. Banned all canned food, as well as any sausages.
Medical therapy and proper diet well support the treatment of folk remedies. However, before using any of the popular prescriptions you should consult with a specialist.
The most effective method during exacerbation of not only focal gastritis, and other forms – decoction of flax seed. It is recommended to use even the experts. Flaxseed relieves the pain and inflammation. Thick broth tightly envelops the mucous membrane, protecting it against mechanical irritation when the flow of food, signs of illness pass quickly.
There are several recipe variations, but the easiest way to prepare a decoction like this: put 3 tablespoons of flax seeds in a thermos, pour 1 liter of boiling water, to insist night. In the morning filter and drink the decoction half a Cup before each meal. For the long-term effect means to take for one month, even if unpleasant symptoms ceased to disturb. The same beneficial effect on the stomach has Flaxseed oil if you use it for 1/10 the teaspoon before meal 2 times a day.
2. Potato juice.
The juice of raw potato heals mucous membranes, reduces inflammation. Inhibits pathogenic microflora – the bacteria Helicobacter pylori, which is one of the possible causes of focal gastritis. Freshly squeezed juice take 1 glass half an hour before meals. Well to start treatment immediately after the onset of symptoms. Allowed to drink potato juice mixed with carrot.
3. The propolis.
Bactericidal effect of aqueous propolis. He has a depressing effect on the development of colonies of bacteria Helicobacter pylori. Take it should be 100-150 ml twice a day. Continue treatment 10-14 days, usually by this time the person ceases to feel the symptoms of the disease.
Method of preparation: propolis place in the freezer for 20 minutes. Then it will be easier to crumble. To grind into powder, mix with water at the rate of 30 g propolis in 100 ml of water, then simmer, stirring, on a water bath for about 1 hour. To filter, cool, the solution can be stored at room temperature in bottle of dark glass within 7-10 days without loss of medicinal properties.
4. The burdock root.
If exacerbations occur regularly in the spring can be treatment of fresh burdock root: 2-3 weeks every day to eat 4-5 fresh young thick, with finger roots.
There is another way. Throughout the year, from fleshy roots, harvested in autumn, make the infusion: 1 teaspoon of finely powdered root, pour a glass of warm boiled water, leave to infuse overnight. In the morning, filter, drink one third of a Cup 15 minutes before eating 3 times a day. Burdock root is considered one of the most effective means of treatment of superficial forms of focal gastritis with herbs.