The pain may be gnawing, aching, sharp or dull, sometimes it seems that the stomach if pull. If the pains recur regularly, it is a signal that should urgently be examined.
Find out the causes of acute stomach pain alone is very difficult. It can be various disruptions in the digestive system. Sometimes it is manifested in the result of some short-term disruption, but it usually indicates a serious illness. Certain conclusions can be made, following, when the start of the disease state: after a meal, at night, during sleep or on an empty stomach.
For pain in the stomach it is important to determine the intensity of the pain, its character and localization. For setting the correct diagnosis is equally important concomitant symptoms, such as heartburn, vomiting, bad breath, nausea, diarrhea or constipation. In emergency cases, only a complete picture of the disease can help the physician quickly to understand what the cause of ailments, and prescribe appropriate treatment.
The main reasons, which often have stomach pain:
- overeating, improper and irregular meals;
- receiving defective or damaged products;
- intestinal obstruction;
- chemical burns due to the ingestion of hazardous substances;
- the endured shock, overwork, stress;
- heavy physical exertion;
- injury to the internal organs;
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- abdominal migraine (typical children).
1. Sharp pain in region of stomach and diarrhea, dizziness and great weakness may talk about acute poisoning. Usually in this case, the first symptoms are detected after 2 hours.
2. The pain does not subside for a long time if the ulcer. And if you put pressure on your stomach with his hand, and then abruptly let go, then felt the pain increase effect. The patient performs a cold sweat, he becomes pale. By the way, stomach pain ulcer occur not only during the famine, enough after a meal were an hour and a half. The ulcer resembles itself at night. Nocturnal awakening is a very characteristic symptom in functional disorders of the stomach.
3. Severe pain occurs when perforation of ulcers, when gastric juice penetrates into the abdominal cavity due to dissolution of the stomach wall.
4. The pain after a meal may indicate the presence of chronic gastritis. As a rule, in this case, it is often dull or aching, but after taking spicy or fatty foods increases.
5. Severe stomach pains – it is also possible symptoms of cancer or the presence of polyps.
6. If to speak about short-term acute disorders, they often occur because of improper nutrition. Greasy foods, canned foods, spicy foods, carbonated drinks, alcohol, and just sporadic eating provoke attacks of pain, diarrhea and nausea. Cutting and intermittent pain often appear excessive gas.
7. Stress and fatigue also often cause pain in the stomach.
1. Pain in the abdomen does not necessarily indicate violations of the stomach. It may be symptomatic manifestations of diseases of other organs.
2. Unbearable spasm on the right side is often a signal of acute appendicitis, if it comes from the lower abdomen. And when he’s giving in the area of the genitals – with certainty a diagnosis of renal colic caused by a blockage of the urinary tract stones or a blood clot. In acute cholecystitis, hepatic colic unpleasant feeling in the neck or right shoulder.
3. Stomach cramps, characterized by diarrhea without blood, and consequent relief, talking about irritable bowel syndrome and bloody diarrhea – Crohn’s disease or of ulcerative colitis.
4. In acute stroke on the left side of the abdomen may be suspected splenic rupture, infarction and renal colic.
5. The most common cause of acute abdominal pain is the presence of acute intestinal infection. It causes fever and vomiting, her constant companion – acute diarrhea. Often unpleasant injections felt in the entire abdomen.
6. Today very often people have found chronic pancreatitis, which is able to take an acute form, most often after eating or high dose of alcohol. The spasm is localized in the upper abdomen. You may also receive pain that radiates to the back.
7. About the thrombosis of the mesenteric vessels going to say pain in the region of the navel, typically have a permanent character, lasting 3-4 minutes, severe bloating. It’s incredibly dangerous for a person of his intestine remains without blood flow. When such signs require emergency assistance.
Seizures in children and adults
Women have specific cramps associated with the monthly and sometimes does not require therapy, but if the attacks become stronger, it is a reason to seek treatment, especially when they are accompanied by severe weakness, nausea, fever, discharge with an unpleasant odor.
A feeling of acute discomfort may indicate:
- of inflammation of the appendages or mucosa of the uterus;
- about ovarian rupture, twisting of the cyst;
- about ectopic pregnancy.
Sharp pain during pregnancy is acceptable, but are sometimes a signal of serious problems requiring urgent professional intervention: uterine rupture, abruption. Such cases cannot be ignored and self-treatment can only worsen the situation.
In men occurring acute abdominal pain may be indicative of urological diseases or pathologies of the musculoskeletal apparatus. For prostatitis and vesiculitis pain felt in the lower abdomen, and sometimes in the right side, and sometimes felt even stronger than in the perineum.
A characteristic feature for children is the possible development of so-called abdominal migraine, or a spasm of blood vessels of the intestine. Experts identify such diseases approximately 5 % of all children’s complaints of sharp pain in the stomach. Migraines are accompanied by nausea, vomiting, but they are not related to infectious lesions of the child. Treatment in this case deals not a gastroenterologist, and neurologist.
1. With a sudden sharp cramps that worry for half an hour or more, you should immediately consult a doctor. It is recommended to urgently go to bed, because you need to rest. At home the best first aid when the pain will be put on your stomach something cold, for example, a bag of ice. When the attack is accompanied by additional symptoms (confusion, rapid pulse), call the Ambulance required.
2. For accurate diagnosis it is better not to use painkillers before arrival of doctors. Do not drink laxatives, taking food and food. Many believe that a strong remedy for the pain is a heating pad or warm water, but it is not always so: the heat frequently provokes rapid disease development, so it is necessary to avoid rash actions.
3. But what if there is a sharp pain rather suddenly and she needed comfort before the ambulance arrived? The patient in addition to providing a rest it is necessary to give pain medication like Nosh-PY or Spazmalgon. In some cases treatment is not required, for example, the spasm itself takes place after a certain time excessive gas.
4. If a person has acute intestinal infection, accompanied by nausea and diarrhea, from self-treatment should be abandoned. Doctors must prescribe the right treatment, prescribe the necessary medicines.
5. For the prevention of dysbacteriosis can be used separate drugs approved by physicians. In some cases, helps Acipol, which is also prescribed in acute infections.
6. If acute attacks are often repeated, this is also a reason to consult a professional to prevent further development of disease that may life threatening.
7. Doctors advise to conduct a correct way of life, not to overeat, then the stomach still was crowded to alleviate the pain will help medicines that improve digestion.
Recommendations on diet
Usually doctors prescribe different diets. They recommend unsubscribe from all junk food, can lead to lesions in the digestive system, and enrich your diet with vitamins and products that restore overall health.
Food must be regular, you should eat often, but small portions. It is important to chew the food well. From cold and too hot food will have to give up to eat better food a comfortable temperature.
Products which in most cases are prohibited:
- fried and fatty foods;
- fresh pastries;
- spicy seasonings;
- ice cream;
- carbonated beverages;
- some fruits and greens (radish, sorrel, radish).
Products that normalize the digestive tract:
- meat, fish and poultry, treated with steam;
- porridge on the water;
- steam vegetables;
- pureed low-fat soups;
- milk soups and porridges;
- dairy products;
- sour fruits and berries, better baked;
- weak berry herbal tea, weak tea;
- vegetable oil and butter;
- honey, marshmallows.