Spasms can have very different degrees of intensity – intense, paroxysmal, pulling.
Sharp pain in the stomach is a disturbing symptom, which ever in your life faced by every person. In any case, you shouldn’t leave the disease unattended – this may be indicative of serious diseases of the internal organs and require immediate medical assistance.
Which illnesses could signal pain?
This unpleasant phenomenon is a symptom of pathological conditions of the stomach:
- Polyps in the stomach.
- Various viruses, cholera, dysentery.
- Cancerous tumors in the stomach.
- Food poisoning.
- Allergic reactions to certain foods.
Also abdominal pain in adults and children may be symptomatic of diseases of other internal organs that require proper treatment:
- Acute or chronic pancreatitis radiates to the back.
- Pathologies of the small or large intestine.
- Thrombosis of the intestinal vessels.
- Various diseases of the cardiovascular system.
A very important factor is the localization attack – this point must be taken into consideration when determining the cause of pain and treatment. The hearth will not give you the opportunity to establish an accurate diagnosis, but will help to eliminate some diseases.
The localization of the pain
1. Sharp and sudden in the lower part of the belly: if a similar condition is observed in men, in the majority of cases it indicates a variety of diseases of organs of genitourinary sphere. Women have the same sensations can be symptoms of infections of the urinary tract and internal genital organs, as well as numerous gynecological ailments endometriosis, ovarian cysts or uterine. Sharp, paroxysmal pain in the abdomen may be a sign of ectopic pregnancy.
2. In the epigastric region of the abdomen: the causes are most often diseases of the stomach and digestive tract – gastritis, ulcers, and others. Usually bouts of gastritis are accompanied by nausea and heaviness in the abdomen.
3. In the right iliac area: in most cases, this may indicate inflammation of the Appendix.
4. In the right upper quadrant: unpleasant sensation in the abdomen often act as pathological States of other internal organs – the liver, biliary tract.
5. Feeling a sharp pain in the stomach from the left hypochondrium, sharp, paroxysmal cramps in the abdomen indicate violations of the normal functioning of the pancreas.
The nature of pain in various diseases
1. For gastritis.
Typical feelings aching, dull type, which is usually worse after eating. Frequent “companions” of gastritis are nausea and a feeling of heaviness, unpleasant fullness in the abdomen, which especially intensifies after meals. Other major signs of gastritis include heartburn, a burning sensation, belching, taste in the mouth.
2. The sharp spasms of ulcers.
For gastric or duodenal ulcers can manifest as a mild, and severe pain. The intensity of the attack cannot be considered a fundamental factor in diagnosis. Ulcer is often accompanied by unpleasant heartburn, belching, nausea and vomiting. These phenomena do not occur immediately after eating, and after about 2 hours after it. In any case, we should not ignore the pain, as it is a symptom of perforation of the wall of the stomach ulcer, this condition is dangerous to human life.
3. With food poisoning.
Usually they are accompanied by not only a sharp and sudden pain, but diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, bloating and rumbling in the abdomen. Poisoning enough speed when purging of the stomach, the administration of appropriate drugs and simple diet.
But it is necessary to immediately consult your doctor if you notice these symptoms:
- Increased body temperature, chills.
- Diarrhea with flecks of blood.
- Severe vomiting, which literally “turned inside out”.
Such severe food poisoning is a danger to human life.
4. For colitis.
Very often the signs of inflammation of colon are cutting pains in the stomach, accompanied by diarrhea and nausea, increased body temperature, decreased appetite and significant weight loss.
5. In dysentery.
It is determined by such characteristic symptoms, as pain in the stomach, increased body temperature, diarrhea, difficulty urinating. In the amplification attacks may cause diarrhea with bloody patches.
6. Inflammation of the Appendix.
The initial stage is characterized by sudden cramps in the navel area, and then attack “moves” in the right upper quadrant. Appendicitis is accompanied by fever, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.
Spasm as if gives back. This is the main symptom of the pathological state of the pancreas. Sometimes additional symptoms pancreatitis – vomiting, nausea, heartburn, diarrhea, and other disorders of the digestive tract. Pain that radiates to the back, most often seen after about 1-2 hours after a meal.
Disease in pregnantmany moms-to-be unpleasant sensation caused by the natural physiology – enlarged uterus compresses other organs, which creates pain. In early pregnancy this unpleasant phenomenon provoking factors such as gastritis, ulcers, polyps in the stomach or intestines, viral infections or allergies. In some cases, reasons become excessive exercise or an allergic reaction. May cause diarrhea with mucus or blood, vomiting, severe nausea, high body temperature, General weakness.
Can not be left abdominal pain without attention – they can be symptoms of diseases that require serious treatment. Strengthening spasms – an alarming sign, which should alert you. Exceptions can be only those cases when a person knows their diagnosis and how to alleviate the attack.
The first thing to remember is do not self-medicate, because it can lead to very negative consequences. No need to take any painkillers or other medications, as it is more difficult to diagnose.
Diet and treatment at home
Pain of any nature is strictly not recommended to eat fatty, spicy or acidic foods. The ideal option would be a complete refusal of food for one or two days – this will give the stomach an excellent opportunity to arrange a sort of “vacation” and will help to get rid of the discomfort. Eliminate from your menu canned, pickled foods, alcoholic beverages, strong coffee and tea. It is advisable to include in your diet steamed veggies, lean meat, light soups and porridges.
Folk medicine advises several dozen recipes that will help to get rid of sharp pain spasms in the abdomen. Here are a few options that have proven effective in practice.
- 1. For cooking this means you will need freshly harvested leaves of Hypericum. Grind them through a meat grinder and take a teaspoon every morning before eating.
- 2. Also very effective is cucumber juice. Pass the cucumber through a grinder, or just grate on a grater, squeeze out the pulp and drink one tablespoon of juice three times a day.
- 3. In order to get rid of pain, pour a tablespoon of chamomile flowers Cup boiling water, let stand for about half an hour, then strain and take the infusion 100 ml three times a day.