Jaundice is a what is hepatitis? Many people ask this question, considering that jaundice and various viral hepatitis is one and the same. However, to identify icteric staining of the skin and infectious diseases should not be.
It is important to give a correct definition of each of these concepts.
Jaundice is not an independent disease but a syndrome with multiple causative factors, the most striking specific manifestation of the disease jaundice, viral hepatitis B, C and a variety of other viral pathologies of the liver.
What is jaundice
To carry carbon dioxide and oxygen, the body needs red blood cells. Are red blood cells that reside in human blood. However, these blood cells live in the body for more than three months and soon disintegrate into its component parts. To transfer gases, hemoglobin necessary bile pigment – bilirubin.
The body produces free bilirubin from hemoglobin. This product of metabolism is inside the destroyed red blood cells. It is not soluble in the liquid and extremely poisonous. The body aims to urgently transport a dangerous pigment in the liver, where the formation of bilirubin, which has low toxicity properties. This bilirubin in the blood does not flow. He enters the intestine involved in the digestion process, metabolism and is excreted together with feces.
The process of destruction of red blood cells takes place constantly and go slowly, if the body is all right and peaceful. Old erythrocytes are destroyed in the spleen, and new red blood cells Mature in the bone marrow. But trouble for the body is the instantaneous mass destruction of red blood cells.
In tissues there is excessive accumulation of bilirubin. Painted skin, mucous membranes, sclera of the eye.
Different types of pathology
- Suddenly there are intensive disintegration of red blood cells, excessive production of free bilirubin. This pathology is also known as the suprarenal.
- Occurs due to snakebite, mushroom poisoning, diseases accompanied by the destruction of red blood cells. Characterized by low intensity, jaundice. Notes pale yellow color of the skin.
- Patients with this symptom in the system of the biliary tract there is discord. The bile is formed, but to go out she can’t. If the gallstones, develop acute inflammation of the organ.
- In anamnesis there was a sharp drop in weight, paroxysmal pain in the right hypochondrium. Resistant skin itching disturbs the patient.
- In the blood increased content of bilirubin, cholesterol, bile acids. Mucous membranes and skin have a green or yellow-gray.
- Jaundice has different manifestations: from harsh intensity to a moderately pronounced degree. Liver much enlarged, spleen sizes are normal.
- Liver diseases associated with this symptom. Its otherwise called parenchymatous jaundice. It is a disease of adults. Pathology occurs as a result of some cancer diseases, toxic liver damage, viral hepatitis.
- Provoke parenchymal jaundice contact with toxic substances, infected persons, abuse of alcoholic beverages. Is characterized by a gradual or an acute onset. In hepatic jaundice occurs when damage to hepatocytes – liver cells. The massive iron cannot neutralize the bilirubin entering the liver with blood. Intrahepatic metabolism of bilirubin is impaired.
- The orange hue is bright-yellow colour characteristic of biliary pathology. The intensity of jaundice is moderately pronounced. Discomfort gives unpleasant itching. The size of the liver and spleen are enlarged.
Hepatic jaundice is associated with various forms of viral hepatitis
Viral hepatitis a:
- Within a month after infection, there is a dark foamy urine with a hint of strong tea. In the mucosa of the lips, soft palate, conjunctiva commonly found yellowing.
- The patient’s condition improved a bit after the appearance of icteric staining. The pathological staining of the patient with hepatitis A lasts from 3 to 6 weeks.
Hepatitis B viral nature:
- A change in the color of waste products, mucous and skin, as bile thrown into the blood. The gallbladder is usually enlarged. Prolonged intense jaundice is a feature of the clinical picture of this form of the disease.
- The characteristic itching, greenish mucous, skin. Short-term jaundice in mild form of hepatitis B. It lasts for 1-2 weeks.
- Long and bright jaundice is characteristic of hepatitis b of medium gravity. But yellowing is not always observed or developed erased form of the syndrome of jaundice.
- In the acute period of the illness the patient suffers weakness. There is a strong joint pain.
- Jaundice in hepatitis C manoharachary, is not always observed.
- In the first 2-3 days of the disease usually increases yellowness of the skin. Yellowing of the skin sometimes persists from 10 days to 3 weeks.
- Regression of symptoms occurs after 2-4 weeks.
Principles of treatment of the disease
The main task of the doctor is addressing the underlying causes of disease, not getting rid of the yellowness of the skin. Full recovery of patients with jaundice without complications is possible only if timely treatment to the doctor and determine the cause of the disease.
In medicine account for more than 7 forms of viral hepatitis. If the liver pathological processes, it is almost always a syndrome of jaundice.
Jaundice and hepatitis are not the same. Hepatitis a causes jaundice often. In more rare cases this symptom is observed in patients with hepatitis C, E and B.