Examination of stomach ulcer is the endoscopic approach, which is a collection of material from several points of ulcers with subsequent analysis. During treatment and after pus is gastroduodenoscopies control. Diagnostics allows to detect symptomatic picture of peptic ulcer and duodenal ulcer, which medicine is divided into indirect and direct. Special attention is paid to changes in the structure of the walls of the stomach and associated disorders of the esophagus.
Diagnostic features of the disease
When the illness disruptions gastric juice secretion are opposite manifestations of the duodenum. Often when pus the rate of secretion of hydrochloric acid and pepsin is at an acceptable level, or too low. Complications of stomach ulcers occur more often in spring or autumn and are sluggish. Ulcer of the duodenum the pH level is always elevated, and exacerbation of disease may occur during the year.
A stomach ulcer is an internal violation of the integrity of the cover walls in which the mucosa is being eroded by the digestive juices. The result of these processes are the severe forms of the disease, leading to exacerbations of the disease. At risk include the adult population.
Common forms of complications
Complications of gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer divided into two types:
- The sharp deterioration that threatens the patient’s life. These include bleeding and perforation.
- Sluggish. These include penetration, stenosis, the flow in tumors and others.
In medical practice there have been cases when complications are combined, for example, perforation or penetration accompanied by bleeding.
Statistics indicate that the percentage of acute illness occur in the following instances:
- 12-15% – the opening of the bleeding;
- 7-10% penetration;
- 5-22% perforation;
- 5-7% – flow in the form of cancer.
The complication of ulcers is preceded by severe pain, often difficult to diagnose because of the extensive localization. To determine the source of pain survey is conducted with the help of special tools. Any manifestation of disease requires careful diagnosis, ongoing monitoring with the involvement of therapeutic methods. Let us consider the frequently occurring forms of complications.
Occurs in the spread of the disease, which leads to impaired mucosal blood vessels, so that they corroded the intestinal juice. Symptoms depends on the amount of blood loss.
- sharp breakdown;
- a sharp decrease in blood pressure;
- vomiting blood;
- liquid stool black.
Treatment the opened bleeding is performed only in a hospital surgical Department. Therefore, when the diagnosis of the above signs, you should immediately call an ambulance. To detect the source of bleeding is gastroscopy. During the procedure, with medical solutions and special clips-clips to stop the bleeding. Assigned to intravenous drugs, designed to reduce the amount of hydrochloric acid.
If the bleeding stopped, the patient on the fifth day out. If this has not been done, then use the surgical operation, the type of which is appointed by the doctor depending on the characteristics of pus and the patient.
Perforation is a through-hole in the wall of the stomach and duodenum. Through them into the abdominal cavity penetrate various substances, which causes development of peritonitis. The private predecessor of such complications is the use of alcohol-containing foods, overeating, stress.
- increased body temperature;
- nausea, vomiting;
- sudden acute pain syndrome;
- muscle tension the abdomen;
- pallor of the skin;
Deterioration of health of the patient begins after 7 hours. When complications of perforated ulcers and lack of medical assistance, it develops peritonitis. The pulse changes to rapid, there is fever, constipation, although the first complications of the disease the stools may be normal. However, the incident 8-10 hours in the chair and urinating is difficult and begins a slow accumulation of gases. Most often, for normalization of the patient’s condition is a laparoscopy as a diagnostic method. But if the survey raises doubts among specialists, the harvested biomass and the injected probe into the stomach of air.
Penetration is a severe form of complications of ulcers of the stomach in which the disease spreads to the nearest authorities. At the same pain syndrome does not allow to accurately determine the source of excessive discomfort.
- the change of biological processes;
- high body temperature;
- the spread of pain in the back, chest, shoulders, lower back;
- vomiting, which brings relief.
Noted that when fasting the pain decrease, but not responding to medical treatment. In this regard, surgical intervention, otherwise the patient is facing death. Pus penetration does not heal, even after prolonged therapy. The operation is carried out in the form of removal of part of the stomach together with the disease.
Treatment of ulcers
Peptic ulcer disease without complications observed operative wound healing, decreasing pain, General well-being of the patient comes back to normal.
To medication include:
- antibiotics directed action;
- drugs that restore the tissue of the stomach;
- medications that reduce the production of hydrochloric acid.
With the development of complications pus, as a rule, carried out the operation because of the high risk of death. Medications and overall therapy do not help, and only delay and worsen the patient’s condition.
There are conservative methods of treatment. However, they are used to maintain the patient in a normal state, thereby reducing the risk of complications.
- The exclusion of meat, fish, canned and gassy foods, caffeine, tea, strong infusion.
- Diet – to include in the diet light broths, porridge from cereals, vegetables, fruits and more.
- Eating small portions 4-5 times a day.
- To avoid hard physical exertion.
- A complete rejection of the use of alcohol beverages, tobacco.
Most often, the inclusion in the diet of a product is in agreement with the doctor.
How to prevent the disease?
Prevention of pus is able to exert a beneficial effect on the body. With the right routine, diet and moderate exercise the risk of disease is practically reduced to zero.
To do this you should follow the guidelines:
- 1. proper sleep up to 8 hours;
- 2. the rejection of eating high fat and Smoking;
- 3. eating small portions with thorough chewing;
- 4. to give preference to food cooked in steam;
- 5. do not consume nicotine and alcohol;
- 6. a departure from the stressful lifestyle and irritability;
- 7. when pain and discomfort to see a doctor;
- 8. to maintain the health of the oral cavity;
- 9. annual screening for chronic diseases;
- 10. to perform the exercise;
- 11. to use non-carbonated water, at least 6 glasses a day;
- 12. the stabilization of the regime of the day.
To prevent a recurrence of the ulcer is prescribed a set of measures aimed at reducing the pain and risk of re-occurrence of acute illness.
- Physiotherapy, herbal medicine, medications and use of non-carbonated mineral water.
- In autumn and spring it is recommended to have a rest in sanatoriums for special purposes.
- Strictly adhere to the diet.
- Regular examinations in laboratories and with medical instruments.
Prevention methods can significantly reduce the risk of developing peptic ulcer disease. Timely action prevents illness, and in the case of diagnosis may reduce the risk of complications. Treatment pus leads to positive results, if you follow the advice of doctors and take care of your health.