How and where can the stomach ache?
The pain in gastritis is one of the main symptoms, along with vomiting and heartburn. How exactly stomach aches and how severe pain, you can determine the type and stage of inflammation.
1. Gastritis type A – autoimmune (hypoacid). Is characterized by atrophic effect on the secreting surface of a digestive organ, causing dramatically reduced the acidity of the internal environment, necessary for normal functioning and digestion. After a meal occurs a dull, nagging pain in the stomach, feeling of fullness.
Often manifest such symptoms as belching with putrid odor, the release of large amounts of intestinal gas, loose stools, nausea, vomiting, lack of appetite or aversion to some foods, for example, to cereals. This type of chronic gastritis is very dangerous, as prolonged disruption of normal secretion may cause tissue necrosis of the stomach and trigger the withering away of its functions or the appearance of tumors.
2. Gastritis with high acidity, caused by the bacterium Helicobacter. Is a great secretion of gastric juice as a result of the malicious activities of microorganism. Appear dull, aching (in chronic gastritis) or cramping, sharp, stabbing (in the acute form of the disease) pain in the stomach. At the same time the discomfort is accompanied by such symptoms like sour taste in mouth, vomiting immediately after eating half-digested food, constipation or, conversely, diarrhea, heartburn.
Gastritis is an inflammatory disease of the gastrointestinal tract characterized by a pathological change in the acidity. Disease of this kind leads to disruption of digestive processes, fatigue, weakness, stomach pain. If you suspect this disease, you must consult a doctor-a gastroenterologist for treatment because the disease can move from acute to chronic gastritis or provoke an ulcer or cancer.
The patient takes a forced crooked position or tries to straighten up as much as possible, while holding on to the place where it hurts. The symptoms usually differ in frequency and occur regularly in spring or autumn. If untreated, this type of gastritis is readily converted into gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer.
3. Gastronemius. Is characterized by the ingress of bile into the stomach. The pain is not immediately after a meal, and after a couple of hours. Discomfort can also occur during the day or appear from prolonged hunger (“hunger pain”). This symptom is accompanied by nausea bile, belching with a rotten smell and bitter taste, metallic taste in my mouth.
Should also consider the types of acute illnesses that may arise one time and not recur in the absence of a pathogenic factor:
- Catarrhal gastritis. Pain caused by ingestion of stale food, irritating the mucous membrane of the medications (e.g., NSAIDs), low-quality alcoholic beverages. Hurts much short, by the nature of the sensation or sharp stabbing sometimes cramping.
- Corrosive gastritis with a lesion of the gastric mucosa. Occurs when it enters the digestive tract of chemicals, burning of secretory cells and provokes a burn. Appears intolerable burning sensation in the chest.
- Abscess. Diagnosed with lesions of the stomach with pus from the wound. May occur during insertion into the cavity of the body to solid objects, such as swallowed bones. The patient required urgent surgery, as foreign body can cause inflammation and perforation of the stomach not only, but also of the peritoneum (peritonitis).
What to do and how to relieve the pain?
First of all you need to remember that “jamming” stomach pain does not solve the problem and you first need to find out the cause of their appearance. Depending on the nature of pain and individual preferences of the patient can be selected various drugs. The most popular abdominal antispasmodics (no-Spa, Buscopan, Trimedat). They are acting strictly in the place of pathological contraction – smooth muscles of the stomach. They slow down the number of spasms, causing convulsive straining body to relax.
In most cases patients suffer from hyperacid gastritis with increased secretion, therefore, if stomach hurts, you can use antacid tablets to dissolve (Rennie, Gastal), neutralizing the action of hydrochloric acid and eliminating the factor of irritation, or different enveloping drugs (Almagel, Maalox). They gently cover the surface of the patient’s body and close the most damaged area from the effects of an acidic environment. Subsequently, these medicines remove excess acid from the body, transforming it in a natural way.
When to go to the doctor?
The appearance of abdominal pain and symptoms of gastritis – this is a sure indication that the man needs professional help. If in any doubt on this disease need to consult a physician. Requires accurate diagnosis and prescribe the most effective and appropriate situation treatment, consisting of a set of manipulations aimed at early recovery and full recovery of the patient, such as intake of relevant medicines and specially selected diet.
Self-treatment is careless and irresponsible, as the gastritis of any type easily becomes chronic or very acute, bringing not only complications, but also transforming into a hard curable and fatal diseases, such as cancer or ulcer of the stomach and duodenum.
Do not delay a doctor’s appointment if:
- Stomach pains are periodic, monotonous character.
- The condition brings severe discomfort, interferes with work, sleep. My stomach hurts almost constantly, or with a seasonal periodicity. Pain can not be removed with a simple antispasmodics and diet and nutrition.
- There are other, typical gastritis symptoms in addition to pain in the stomach: vomiting, including blood, flatulence, cold sweats.
- The stomach hit a foreign object or a toxic chemical substances or poor quality food.
- Appeared remission of chronic forms of the disease.