Signs are often mistaken for poisoning, so disregard. This behavior is dangerous for health, because during gastritis is inflammation of the mucous coating of the stomach breaks down the process of secretion and digestion. Essential nutrients enter the blood in sufficient amount.
If you do not start treatment of diseases of the stomach in time, the inflammation will progress. Bits of food getting into, irritate the inflamed organ making the symptoms. Gastritis will become a chronic condition, no treatment will help him to progress in the ulcer. Without medical intervention gastric ulcer becomes malignant neoplasm.
Doctors have identified several triggering factors:
- Frequent consumption of salty, fried, spicy food. Addiction to foods, richly seasoned with vinegar.
- Failure to comply with the diet, dangerous diets, fasting, going without control of a specialist.
- Frequent use of painkillers and anti-inflammatory medications, provoking the destruction of the gastric mucosa.
- The action of the bacteria Helicobacter pylori, involved in the weakening of the protective systems of the body. This bacterium affects the stomach, corroding its walls and causing inflammation.
- Drinking alcohol, Smoking.
- Stress, neurosis, exhaustion.
- Violation of the labor-leisure.
- Poisoning by various chemicals.
The status and well-being are directly dependent on the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract. Poor nutrition, unhealthy lifestyle, an abundance of bad habits lead to various failures in his work. Diseases of the digestive system are becoming more common in the last few years. The lack of an active lifestyle, failure modes and norms of nutrition have a negative impact on gastrointestinal health in adults and children. Often people amaze gastritis and peptic ulcer. They are characterized by chronic, the acute stage are replaced by periods of “calm” – remission.
The main signs
They are often mistaken for a goiter or simple poisoning. Sometimes the disease has distinct symptoms, even an adult might not notice pathological conditions and not to begin treatment.
The first signs of gastritis can occur after eating:
- Pain, aching and growing, and sometimes cramping.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Sour belching, smelling of half-digested food.
Often, acute gastritis becomes chronic. Can strike at any time of the year, regardless of the time of day. Women can suffer from the symptoms of gastritis during menstruation.
Gastric ulcer is a disease characterized by the violation of the integrity of organ tissues. The first sign of a stomach ulcer at an early stage is pain arising from feelings of hunger, unlike sensations in gastritis, which is manifested only after ingestion. Some people try to get rid of the discomfort, eating often and small portions, but this does not solve the problem of peptic ulcer, and cured her in a way that is not possible. Especially dangerous is the symptoms of ulcers in pregnant women, because many drugs are destructive effect on the fetus and is contraindicated for expectant mothers.
The rest of the symptoms of the disease are similar to gastritis. Further, symptoms such as:
- The constant feeling of hunger.
- Nausea and vomiting in the night.
- Sharp pain in upper abdomen, sometimes we walk in the navel or lower ribs.
- Weakness, lethargy.
- Sleep disorders.
- Vomiting with admixture of particles of coagulated blood – “coffee grounds“.
Signs of stomach ulcers are cyclical in nature, appear in spring or autumn. The pain lasts about 2-3 hours, starting abruptly and sharply and gradually decreasing.
Methods of diagnosis
Because the symptoms of a disease similar to the initial stage of another, medical experts conduct several tests to determine the type of the disease.
Diagnostics may be performed using various methods that are valid for use in adult and child:
- Breath test to detect signs of activity of the bacterium Helicobacter.
- X-ray showing the degree of destruction of the mucous membrane of the stomach.
- A biopsy laboratory test for which you take a small piece of the affected organ.
- General analysis of blood. Carried out to determine hemoglobin levels. A reduced score indicates that the patient has an ulcer. This method is inefficient for the study of women during menstruation.
- The pH-metry – measurement of the acidity of the internal environment of the stomach.
Before starting treatment of the disease, it is necessary to establish an accurate diagnosis. To cure the gastritis and ulcer helps a comprehensive approach that includes not only medical methods, but also a balanced diet, specially formulated to reduce the risk of symptoms of gastritis and ulcers.
Picks up medications only a doctor, a gastroenterologist, and should be strictly in accordance with the regulations. A separate appointment is unacceptable, especially in those cases where gastritis or ulcer affects children.
For relieving symptoms and treatment using medication such pharmaceutical groups:
- Reduces the acidity of the stomach environment (Rennie, Gastal). They help to cope with heartburn and acid regurgitation, reacting with hydrochloric acid and neutralizing it.
- Blockers of hydrochloric acid (Omeprazole, rabeprazole) must to reduce the corrosive effects of the secret to the inflamed area.
- Enveloping means, to reduce the effects of acid on the walls of the organs (Maalox, aluminium phosphate gel).
- Preparations of bismuth causing scarring and regeneration of the cavities of the stomach (Vikair De-Nol).
- For gastritis caused by insufficient secretion of gastric juice and to normalize enzyme balance prescribed pills that restore the functioning of the stomach and helping digestion (Mezim, Festal).
- Relieves spasms of the gastrointestinal tract (But-shpa, Trimedat). They can give the child a modern pharmaceutical industry produces these drugs in doses for children.
- To eliminate the bacteria Helicobacter antibiotics are used clarithromycinbuy group (Klabax, Klacid). Suppressing negative activity bacteria, medicines address the root cause of the origin and progress of the ulcer.
- Because during illness and treatment suffering intestinal microflora, prescribe medications that contain beneficial bacteria or an environment for them (Bifiform, Linex).
An important role in the recovery process plays the observance of the regime and the special rules of the meal. A balanced diet not only helps to reduce the risk of stomach diseases but also cure them.
- Food intake must occur over a time period of at least one hour.
- Strict adherence to diet.
- During the acute stage of the disease the main dishes on the menu must be light soups and porridge, cooked in water.
- Drink less alcohol, soda, irritating the stomach wall, strong invigorating beverages (green tea, coffee).
- A prerequisite is the reduction in the consumption of spicy, exotic food, too salty, too cold or hot dishes.
- Need to try to reduce the amount eaten citrus fruits and products containing acetic acid.
The normal functioning of the digestive tract is very important for health, so parents should since small years to accustom a child to healthy food. A very important menu and nutrition. To reduce or completely remove from the daily diet of fast food, processed foods, spicy and exotic food. During lunch, eliminate distractions (TV, music). Should pay attention to methods of cooking, eat more boiled food and steamed. Prevention of gastritis includes appropriate use of alcohol, no snacking, refraining from eating or overeating.