Gastric ulcer on the walls of the processing food the body are formed defects in the form of ulcers. The disease is cyclical and relates to the chronic pathologies.
In the absence of timely treatment or failure to comply with the recommendations of the doctor, the disease triggers a gradual deterioration, so it is important to know how does a stomach ulcer, not to delay the diagnosis and selection of treatment regimens.
Another first symptom of pus – seasonal exacerbation with the onset of spring and autumn.
How to manifest the disease in its early stages?
The first sign of gastric ulcer is pain localized at the top of the stomach. In the early stages are marked by the following features:
- 1. The pain bothers at night and on an empty stomach, after exercise.
- 2. There is a clear rhythm pain (symptoms characterized by a certain time of occurrence of pain and the link with meals).
- 3. Pus is accompanied by a alternation of acute painful episodes and periods of tranquility.
- 4. To reduce the manifestation of the pain is possible through the use of antacids or a small amount of food.
Along with the pain is characterized by such features:
- Heartburn that occurs several hours after eating.
- Regular nausea and vomiting.
- Belching with a sour taste.
- Frequent constipation.
Although none of these symptoms can not be regarded as a clear sign of pus, they can be a direct manifestation of the disease.
The first signs of pain and stool disorders occur in half of patients, especially if the disease is already in an acute stage. Manifested in the early stages of nausea due to failure of gastric motility. As for vomiting with pus is a reaction of the inflamed organ to the meal which appears 2 hours after filling the stomach. Usually, after vomiting, the symptoms subside.
Appetite in the development of the pathology is often not only continues, but increases. This expression is called the painful feeling of hunger. By lowering the appetite you can talk about serious motility disorders of the gastrointestinal tract.
Signs of ulcers in the form of heartburn and regurgitation caused by reflux of stomach contents outside the body. In the first case, the cause of burning sensation in the upper abdomen area is getting different aggressive media content into the lumen of the esophagus, resulting in irritation of the walls of this part of the digestive tract. Belching can be attributed to the release of gastric juice, which is characterized by a sour bitter taste in the mouth.
Along with the above manifestations need to pay attention to such internal changes that occurs when pus:
- A feeling of heaviness in the abdomen that occurs immediately after the next meal.
- A feeling of fullness even by eating small portions of food.
To identify the disorder of appearances is possible, if the language is present a white film, there is increased sweating of the palms, and on palpation of the epigastric region and pressure on it there is the characteristic pain.
When you need to see a specialist?
For the progression of the disease is characterized by the manifestation of the following symptoms:
- 1. Pain concern every time at the end of the meal.
- 2. The occurrence of pain concurrent with nausea and vomiting.
- 3. Signs of a perforated ulcer in the form of sharp “stabbing” pain that cannot be resolved with antispasmodics. In the end, in the abdominal cavity is the stomach contents, and develops inflammation, called peritonitis.
If there are such symptoms pus that requires immediate medical diagnosis, as delay can lead to serious complications.
To confirm the symptoms in patients with ulcer, carry out the following procedure:
1. Taking the General analysis of urine, blood and feces. Analysis of the feces determine the presence of occult blood to exclude life-threatening internal bleeding. If the indicators of the General analysis is determined by anemia and simultaneous increase in ESR with a reduction in the number of red blood cells, is diagnosed by the development of inflammation.
2. Make fibroesophagogastroduodenoscopy (fegds) visual inspection of the mucosa with a special probe – tube of small diameter located at the end of the camera. During the procedure of taking the material for biopsy.
3. Examine the other organs of digestion (pancreas, liver, gall bladder) by means of ultrasound.
4. During the day monitor the acidity of gastric juice, conducting a pH-meter. This invasive event involving the introduction of a medical instrument inside of the stomach, causes significant discomfort, but it helps to determine how aggressive is the stomach acid to the lining on the mucosa.
To confirm the symptoms of stomach ulcers help and special tests to reveal the presence in the body dangerous bacteria Helicobacter pilory.
These activities include:
- Treatments using serological method, which can identify antibodies to the bacteria in human blood.
- Fecal test (to assess the presence of antibodies in the patient’s stool).
- Radionuclide urease test, which evaluates the composition of exhaled human air (in the case of a positive result is detected secreted by bacteria urea).
- Urease rapid test, in which the mucous tested immediately at the end of faggs.
If there are doubts about the complications of the ulcer, to rule out a pathology helps endoscopic ultrasonography and x-ray examination of the stomach, the results of which are clearly visible symptoms of bleeding.
To get rid of the signs of stomach ulcers, a comprehensive approach is necessary, as one narrow drug is not able to cope with chronic pathology. It is important to remove not only the first symptom in the form of pain, but also to ensure the restoration of functioning of the body, and this is possible only under condition of elimination from the body of dangerous pathogenic bacteria (if present), the normalization of gastric acidity to eliminate the discomfort causing symptoms, heartburn, burping, nausea.
Features of therapy
Effectively eliminate the symptoms and signs of ulcers help the following groups of drugs:
- 1. Antibacterial agents that assign a maximum of two courses.
- 2. Drugs to enhance protection of the mucosa.
- 3. Antisecretory drugs that reduce production aggressive for irritable stomach hydrochloric acid.
- 4. Antispasmodics, and effectively resolves acute pain and relaxing the gastric wall.
- 5. Prokinetics to improve the motility of the digestive tract and promote products from the stomach into the intestine.
- 6. Probiotics, neutralizing the negative influence of precipitating dysbiosis (microflora imbalance) of antibiotics.
- 7. Sedative, promotes relaxation of the body as a whole. Sometimes there is a need for antidepressants.
Treatment of gastric ulcers is at least 2 weeks, but can last and for a period of about one and a half months. Determining the duration of therapy factor is the size of ulcers and the severity of the pathological process.
Quite often, treatment of the disease is made in one of two options:
- The penicillin group antibiotics combined with clarithromycin and proton pump inhibitors (drugs to suppress the production of hydrochloric acid).
- Once appointed De-Nol (medium, eliminating the bacterium Helicobacter pilory), Metronidazole, Tetracycline, and proton pump inhibitors. The second scheme is selected, if the weekly intake of the first group does not give the desired effect.
In some situations conservative treatment is not appropriate, therefore, peptic ulcer of the stomach is removed by surgery. To carry out the operation only with the following relative indications – if drug therapy does not provide a positive result or high probability, may develop complications in the use of prescribed drugs.
Absolute indications for surgical treatment are:
- Ulcer perforation, which occurs through the destruction of the mucosa.
- The emergence of internal bleeding.
- Degeneration of ulcer process in Oncology.
Organization of diet composition
To eliminate signs of stomach ulcers and not to provoke another escalation at the end of treatment, develop a specific power scheme, which involves the preparation of the menu of the following gentle on the stomach foods:
- 1. Mucous soups on the water with the addition of rice, semolina or oatmeal.
- 2. Lean meat chicken, Turkey, veal, which is cooked for a couple.
- 3. Liquid pureed porridge on the water.
- 4. Eggs welded soft-boiled or steam omelets.
- 5. Sweet compotes and kissels.
- 6. Cottage cheese, cream low fat.
Food is served only in the form of heat, to not further irritate the inflamed stomach. The number of meals per day must be at least 5, with strictly dosed portions to prevent stretching of the affected stomach.
As the disease evolves?
When pus can talk about a favorable prognosis only in the case of timely detection of the disease – this condition is the first major factor for successful recovery. Another necessary factor is the appointment of a competent complex conservative treatment or radical surgery with the consent of the patient.
To see the events entirely positive, after diagnosis need to undergo regular checkups at the doctor-gastroenterologist, because in the course of treatment may require correction scheme. Mandatory therapeutic courses are held in the autumn and spring periods, when the majority of patients have seasonal exacerbations. Ideally, you want a special Spa treatment with a longer stay in the fresh air.
In addition, it is important not to deviate from the prescribed diet, even experimenting with small amounts adversely affecting the stomach products. To say that gastric ulcer disease completely regressed and now is in complete remission, it is possible, if the attacks of acute missing for the past three years and the digestive tract is functioning without disturbances. But even in this case, it is necessary to remember about necessity of observance of a certain diet.
Poor prognosis is present only if the disease occurs with serious complications such as bleeding due to corrosion formed ulcerative defect of blood vessels, perforation, obstruction of gastric output holes.
Thus, you need as quickly as possible to respond to the typical ulcer symptoms, do not bring the situation to the extreme. In this case, the duration of disease plays a crucial role, so even the slightest pain and digestive problems are the reason for going to the hospital.