A clear answer to the question “Which is better: Sinupret or Rinofluimucil?” not.
It all depends on who is going to take the drug and what signs of the disease the patient has at the moment.
- If a sick person has sinusitis and a dry cough, it is better to purchase Sinupret, since it also affects the respiratory tract.
- Sinupret is preferable also in the case when, in addition to sinusitis, there are no manifestations of the disease, since it is more natural and has fewer side effects. Moreover, you can choose the form that is more convenient and does not have negative consequences for a particular person.
- If the patient has an allergy to herbs, then Rinofluimucil should be chosen, since there is a likelihood of an allergic reaction as a result of ingestion of the second drug.
- If an allergic reaction to medications is possible, it is better to choose a herbal medicine.
- Rinofluimucil will help faster with such an additional manifestation of the disease as nasal congestion and rhinitis of varying complexity.
- It is preferable for small children, pregnant and lactating women to opt for Sinupret, again because of fewer contraindications and side effects.
- If the choice is behind the price, then Rinofluimucil wins here, the average cost of which is almost 100 rubles. below.
As you can see, the reviewed drugs have a lot of differences. Therefore, after evaluating the composition, effects on the body, indications, contraindications, side effects and the difference in the cost of these drugs, everyone must decide for himself which drug is best for him.
A runny nose in itself is a very unpleasant moment and does not always pass quickly. What can we say about the complications when the appeared purulent discharge from the nose does not go away for a long time. If the inflammatory process has gone far, the sinuses are inflamed, and the mucus with pus goes badly, it is necessary to take medications that can relieve inflammation and help the mucus discharge.
Sinupret and Rinofluimucil are examples of drugs with a mucolytic effect (contributing to thinning and elimination of mucus).
Often people ask themselves: “Which of these drugs to choose? Which is better for me? ”
To answer it, you need to understand what is special and what is the therapeutic effect of each of the drugs in question, what contraindications and side effects they have, and also compare them with each other.
Rinofluimucil is a complex local preparation used for diseases of ENT organs. Presented in the form of a nasal spray.
Composition: acetylcysteine, thauminoheptane sulfate, excipients.
Acetylcysteine – a derivative of the amino acid cysteine, is a mucolytic agent.
Tauminoheptane sulfate is a vasoconstrictor component of the drug. The action of the substance is quite short-lived, but during this time, acetylcysteine manages to penetrate the sinuses of the nose and do its job.
Thanks to such a complementing composition, the drug has a strong local effect:
- Narrows blood vessels, relieves swelling of the mucous membrane.
- It has a mucolytic effect.
- Restores the mucous membrane of the nasal passages.
- Acts as a local anti-inflammatory drug.
Indications for use: sinusitis, acute, chronic and vasomotor rhinitis.
Rinofluimucil has a large number of contraindications:
- Angle-closure glaucoma due to additional vasoconstriction with thauminoheptan.
- The use of tricyclic antidepressants and the use of MAO inhibitors for up to 14 days after their withdrawal.
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the drug.
- Children under 3 years old.
- Pregnancy and lactation.
Caution should be exercised for people with asthma, high blood pressure, diseases of the cardiovascular system.
Basically, such a large number of contraindications is due to the presence of a vasoconstrictor component in the composition.
A lot of the drug and side effects :
- Gastrointestinal Disorders.
- Pressure increase.
- Malfunctions of the heart and blood vessels.
- Dry nasopharyngeal mucous membranes are a fairly common occurrence.
- Allergic reactions.
- In rare cases, sleep disturbances, tremors, hallucinations.
- With prolonged use, addiction and the development of drug rhinitis are possible.
Sinupret is a herbal preparation. Herbs that make up: gentian root, primrose flowers, sorrel grass, elderberry flowers, verbena grass.
It is presented in two forms – drops and dragees for oral administration. The active substances are the same in one and the other cases, the only difference is in the composition of the auxiliary component: in drops it is alcohol and water, in dragees – lactose, potato starch and other components necessary to create a solid dosage form.
Accordingly, each dosage form has its own contraindications:
- Drops – alcohol dependence, liver and biliary tract diseases, epilepsy, children under 2 years old.
- In dragees – lactose intolerance, children’s age up to 6 years. In any form, pregnant women are allowed (preferably in tablets), lactating women are not recommended to take this drug due to the lack of clinical studies.
Despite the composition of plant origin, Sinupret is a very powerful drug, its action comes from the inside and covers many body systems:
- It dilutes the mucus and promotes its excretion (secretolytic function and secretomotor function) from the sinuses of the nose and upper respiratory tract.
- Relieves inflammation and swelling.
- It acts as a moderate immunostimulant.
- It has a mild antiviral and antibacterial effect.
Sinupret is used for inflammatory processes in the sinuses, trachea and bronchi, helps with coughing with viscous sputum. It is believed that this medication is able to cope with sinusitis without the use of local and general antibiotics.
Sinupret is suitable for the prevention of acute respiratory viral infections and complications after them. So, in Moscow in 2005-2006. Studies were conducted in the course of which schoolchildren who were often ill were given the medicine at a prophylactic dosage (1 tablet 2 times a day) for 1 month, after which their incidence significantly decreased. During the period of the flu epidemic, only 19% of those who took Sinupret fell ill, while at the same time, 70% of those who did not take it became ill. The disease in the subjects was tolerated in a mild form without complications.
And 3 months after the experiment, none of the schoolchildren who underwent prophylaxis with this drug did not get an acute infectious disease of the upper respiratory tract, sinusitis or otitis media.
Sometimes it seems that a medicine consisting of herbs cannot harm the body. But in this case, it is not possible to achieve complete security. The side effects of Sinupret are as follows:
- Allergic reactions.
- Gastrointestinal tract disorders.
However, the fact that these manifestations of individual intolerance are quite rare even with an overdose.
What are the similarities
The following common features exist between the drugs:
- Both are used in the treatment of sinusitis.
- They have a mucolytic effect on the sinuses.
- They have an anti-inflammatory effect.
- Both one and the second drug have contraindications and side effects.
Despite a similar field of application, the preparations have differences in the following ways:
|Sign of distinction||Rinofluimucil||Sinupret|
|Composition||2 components: acetylcysteine and thauminoheptane sulfate||Herbs|
|Release form||spray||Drops, pills|
|Method of exposure||direct through the mucous membrane of the nasopharynx||through blood|
|pharmachologic effect||Vasoconstrictor effect
– restores the mucous membrane of the nasal passages
|– general immunostimulating, antiviral and antibacterial action
– relieves inflammation and liquefies sputum in the upper respiratory tract
|Indications for use||– acute, chronic and vasomotor rhinitis||– bronchitis and tracheitis with difficult sputum
– prevention of acute respiratory infections and acute respiratory viral infections
|Contraindications||many||few and very rare|
|– For children||contraindicated up to 3 years||contraindications up to 2 years|
|– nursing||not allowed||undesirable|
|Side effects||many||small and rare enough|
|Cost||270-300 rub.||any form 340-400 rub.|
Thus, Sinupret is more natural, has fewer contraindications and side effects, and has a number of additional pharmacological properties. At the same time, Rinofluimucil is cheaper, has a convenient form of release and has an additional vasoconstrictor and decongestant effect.