Despite the fact that the drugs are effective and have a lot in common, they need to be selected individually.
To do this, it is worth considering several features.
- The form of release varies. Guttalax is available in the form of a solution or tablets, and Dufalac in the form of a syrup or sachet. Therefore, everyone can easily choose a convenient option for themselves.
- They contain different active substances, therefore, before use, consult a doctor.
- Medicines have different effects. Duphalac normalizes the microflora and enhances the mobility of the intestinal muscles, and also increases the amount in its cavity. But Guttalax, on the contrary, draws water and thereby dilutes the stool. It works only after the breakdown of the active substance and intestinal enzymes.
- Both drugs are indicated for constipation of various etymologies. But Guttalax is more suitable for people with hypotonic muscles with a sedentary lifestyle. It is also recommended for various diseases, for example, cracks, hemorrhoids, etc.
- Duphalac can be used by pregnant and very young children. He is absolutely safe.
- Guttalax can be prescribed to the child only by the attending physician. Contraindicated in children under 4 years of age and pregnant.
- Guttalax may be partially absorbed into the body.
- Acceptance of high dosages in both cases is not recommended.
Summing up, I want to note that both drugs are quite effective and safe. In no case should you take them at the same time. If medicines do not help, be sure to consult your doctor for treatment correction. Be healthy!
Each person, of course, must take care of his health. But sometimes there are problems with the body, which are not given due attention. One such common and delicate problem is constipation. According to statistics, almost 50% of the entire population experience this disease. And with age, the problem worsens even more.
Constipation is a very serious disease with the most adverse consequences. After all, harmful substances do not leave the body, but accumulate and gradually poison it. And in older people, straining can provoke the formation of a hernia or, for example, a heart attack. Therefore, this problem must always be solved, and it is better to prevent it with preventive measures.
Causes of a delicate problem
In order to properly deal with constipation, it is necessary to find out the main causes of its occurrence. The most common include the following:
- Improper nutrition and non-compliance.
- Taking medications.
- Drinking insufficient water.
- Sedentary lifestyle.
- Bed rest.
- Bad habits.
- Hormonal changes.
- Weakening of abdominal muscles, etc.
Ways to combat the disease
Once the reasons are clarified, immediate action is required. It is recommended to strengthen physical activity, start moving more, stabilize the drinking regime. It is imperative to establish proper nutrition. To diversify it and add a sufficient amount of fruits and vegetables. But sometimes it can take a long time to achieve a positive result. Therefore, laxatives come to the rescue. The most common today are considered to be Glycerol, Mikrolaks, Fitolaks, Guttalaks, Dufalak and others. We will dwell on the last two in more detail.
What is Dufalac?
Dufalac is a modern laxative based on lactulose. It turns out that lactulose was invented back in 1929. And at the initial stage, it served as a sweetener. Only 20 years later, the famous Australian pediatrician who was engaged in dysbiosis in infants discovered a new property of the drug. And from the middle of the twentieth century, mass production of medicines based on lactulose was realized. Today they are the most popular drugs for the treatment of many diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Dufalac is recognized as a leader in the Russian market. He has successfully established himself as an effective and safe tool in the fight against constipation. The drug does not irritate the intestines and has a beneficial effect on its microflora.
It is important to note that it can be used by pregnant women and babies from the very first days of life. It contains only lactulose and purified water. You can take it for quite a long time to achieve the desired result.
What is guttalax?
Guttalax is also a popular laxative. Only its active substance is sodium picosulfate. It takes effect after about 6 hours. It can be used at any time of the day, having previously dissolved a few drops in water. A drug is prescribed for all types of constipation. Especially if the problem is related to diet, a sedentary lifestyle, or excessive weight. With prolonged use, side effects may occur.
The effect of a laxative has been proven by a number of clinical trials. It is important to note that a positive result is observed after the first application in almost 90% of cases. And when adjusting the dose, a mild laxative effect is observed in 99% of patients. Guttalax activates the work of the intestinal muscles. It acts only in the large intestine, so the effect on other organs is minimal.