There is only one reason that the stomach forms an ulcer – violation of the integrity of its membrane.
Modern medicine knows many factors provoking and aggravating this process:
- 1. Increased acidity of gastric juice, which appears as a result of: prolonged stressful situations, excessive consumption of alcohol and coffee, Smoking, genetic predisposition.
- 2. The feeding disorders: irregular meals, unbalanced diet, prolonged starvation diets.
- 3. Taking certain medications (Ibuprofen, Prednisone, Aspirin, Diclofenac).
- 4. Chronic inflammation of the stomach.
- 5. Mechanical damage of the gastric mucosa roughage.
A stomach ulcer is a serious, and in some cases life-threatening pathology that causes irreversible structural changes in the gastric wall. For the disease characterized by the recurrence of exacerbation and remission. Relapses usually occur in autumn and spring. Timely treatment can help avoid the dangerous consequences of the disease.
The presence of the organism Helicobacter pylori, according to most scientists, is causing a significant part of the occurrence and relapse of peptic ulcer. This organism inhabits the gastric mucosa and makes it sensitive to acid.
Autumn-spring exacerbation associated with a General decline in immunity (especially in spring), a change in diet. Colds, typical of the off-season, require the treatment of drugs, adversely affecting the gastric mucosa.
Acute and chronic ulcers
Acute ulcers are almost always symptomatic (secondary). They arise due to severe stress, allergies, long-term drug therapy, hormonal disorders; develop rapidly and affect large areas of the stomach. They are usually multiple and superficial.
Chronic ulcers formed gradually. This process is sometimes fades, and the affected area begins to scar. Then, under the influence of adverse factors there is an exacerbation of peptic ulcer disease. The main causes of relapse are similar to those that cause primary manifestation of disease. Remission can last a long time. During this time the ulcer sometimes completely closes, forming a scar that deforms the stomach wall. During the exacerbation of ulcerative defect is opened or occurs in a new location (often nearby).
The first and most pronounced symptom of acute disease of the stomach is the appearance of pain:
- constant or intermittent;
- strong or weak;
- aching, cutting, burning;
- hungry (may occur during long breaks between meals);
- related to meals (before or after).
The characteristics of discomfort depends on the following circumstances:
- duration of the disease;
- the age of the patient;
- the presence of associated diseases (gastritis, diabetes mellitus);
- individual pain threshold;
- the localization of the ulcers.
Pain while eating is a symptom of ulcers in cardiac (initial) part of stomach. The symptom of the pathology of the middle part of it – the pain 30 minutes after eating. If you have an ulcer in the output Department discomfort appears after 1 – 1.5 hours after a meal. When ulcers stomach, unpleasant feeling can be applied not only to the epigastric region (upper abdomen), but also to give in the lumbar or thoracic spine. For severe exacerbation characterized encircling pain.
Additional symptoms of relapse are:
- regurgitation (sour taste);
- increased salivation;
After vomiting, there is usually a short-term relief. This is due to the liberation of the stomach from the accumulated in the acid. Sometimes signs of peptic ulcer are: fever, not associated with a viral infection, malaise, weakness, perversion of appetite, indigestion, irritability.
This situation complicates the diagnosis and provokes various complications. Often the discomfort is so slight that the patient goes to a doctor when gastric ulcer is a serious threat to life.
Any symptoms of acute disease of the stomach – a serious reason to visit a gastroenterologist. The sooner such a meeting takes place, the less time it will take to restore health. If a visit to the doctor for any reason is postponed, you must start the treatment yourself.
During exacerbation will help:
- the dietary compliance;
- the rejection of increased physical loads;
- good sleep;
- the use of drugs that reduce nervous tension;
- quitting Smoking.
Diet for peptic ulcer relapse involves a categorical rejection of the spicy, salty, smoked, fried, fatty foods. Carbonated beverages, sweet pastries, raw fruits and vegetables, mushrooms are also contraindicated. All food should be boiled or steamed and brought to the pasty state. In the diet should prevail: mucous decoctions (rice, oatmeal), jelly, pate, cheese, milk, eggs (boiled boiled).
Food must be fractional (every 2-3 hours). The daily amount of food – no more than 2 liters, the temperature of ready meals – from 30 to 40 °C. a Strict diet should be followed before subsiding exacerbation. Its purpose is minimal effect of food on the gastric mucosa.
What to do when a strong pain syndrome?
Strong unpleasant sensations in the epigastric region is typical not only for ulcerative pathology of the stomach. Sometimes they are a symptom of a developing heart attack, gastritis, duodenitis, or even appendicitis. Sharp stabbing pain – a typical signs of perforation of ulcer. In such cases it is necessary to call an ambulance. Given these facts, to stop the pain of undiagnosed etiology (cause) at home is very dangerous, especially if it is accompanied by fever. This can be done only in the case of diagnosis.
Patients suffering from gastric ulcer, are familiar with the nature of the pain associated with this disease. In the kit these people usually have drugs for the relief of the attack. If not or if circumstances do not allow you to take pain medicine (Almagel And no-Spa), you can do anything available.
Sometimes it is enough to drink a glass of warm water and lightly massage the stomach area. Hungry night pain or require a meal. Attack, accompanied by nausea, will be held, if to induce vomiting. To eliminate unpleasant sensations can putting a hot water bottle on area of a stomach or taking a warm bath.
Diseases of the digestive system and their symptoms known to mankind since ancient times. Over the years people have found many ways to cope with them.
Components for making healing potions can be found in each house.
- 1. Liquid oatmeal (or potato starch) jelly, and a decoction of flax seed have shielding property, protect the gastric mucosa and relieve pain. To take during the day in small portions.
- 2. Honey dissolved in warm water (boiled), with the addition of alcohol tinctures of propolis (40-50 drops per Cup of water) reduces inflammation.
- 3. Sea buckthorn and olive oil reduces gastric acidity and promotes scarring ulcers (1 tsp on an empty stomach).
- 4. Potato juice is good in relieving pain. Be taken before meals (0.5 cups).
- 5. Cabbage juice cabbage normalizes the acidity.
- 6. Infusion of fresh leaves of plantain (1 Cup of leaves pour boiling water and insist 2 hours). During exacerbation of the disease it can be drunk in any quantity, both before and after a meal.
Traditional medicine certainly helps to deal with the aggravation, but it is better to use it as a prevention or as a complement to traditional treatment.
Drugs and their dosage prescribed by a doctor after conducting the instrumental examination (endoscopy) and laboratory tests. To self-medicate is not worth it. This can lead at best to delays in the treatment process and at worst – to provoke irreversible consequences.
Treatment of peptic ulcer in the acute stage serves several purposes:
- reduction of gastric acidity;
- the removal of inflammation;
- protect and support mucous membranes;
- the destruction of the bacteria Helicobacter pylori;
- pain relief.
The duration of treatment depends on the symptoms and neglect, pain intensity, patient’s age and confounding factors (Smoking, stress, and more). To draw conclusions about the scarring ulcers and the occurrence of a remission is possible only on the basis of re-endoscopy.