In diseases of the respiratory tract, both immunostimulants are effective. The purpose of a particular medicine will depend on several factors.
- Bronchomunal is effective in complicated cases with the transfer of viral diseases and improve the effectiveness of antibacterial agents.
- Imudon – in complicated cases with diseases of the throat and oral cavity.
- Bronchomunal is prescribed for pregnant women, while Imudon is not given such recommendations.
- Imudon is not prescribed for autoimmune diseases and hemopoiesis. Bronchomunal – during a period of increased patient weakness.
- In bronchial asthma, it is better to prescribe Bronchomunal, since Imudon can exacerbate its symptoms.
Many people think that Bronchomunal will be more expensive due to the cost of one package, but much depends on the dosage of Imudon: if you leave the calculation of 8 tablets per day for 7 days, it will cost a large amount.
In general, Bronchomunal and Imudon are well tolerated by patients and cope with diseases. But they should be prescribed by a specialist who will collect the necessary history so that the patient does not receive complications.
Infectious diseases of the respiratory tract and oral cavity are the most common. They are usually treated with immunostimulants. Among them, Bronchomunal and Imudon are popular. But these immunostimulants still differ from each other. Which one is more effective?
Bronchomunal and Imudon are immunomodulators of the immunostimulating type, which help suppress infections and inflammatory processes by strengthening immunity. Both are of natural origin. They are used for ENT diseases in acute and chronic forms.
Despite some similarities in composition, the preparations differ, so the effect of the treatment will be different. Not always one of them can be replaced by another, because the components can not cope with certain types of bacteria. So which is better? When and which of them to take?
Bronchomunal is an immunostimulant of (natural) bacterial origin. Lyophilized lysate of 8 types of bacteria – the active substance of the drug. Such a complex helps to restore immunity against the fight against similar pathogens. His work is similar to the action of a vaccine. It works quickly, although not for long: it will take an annual repeat of taking this medicine.
Indications for use:
- Infectious diseases of the respiratory tract.
- Relapse prevention.
It reduces the frequency of acute symptoms of diseases, reduces its duration. It also helps reduce the risk of chronic bronchitis. Thus, the medicine eliminates the additional medical intervention. It can cause negative effects on the body in the form of gastrointestinal upset and skin rash. Headaches are possible, but overall well tolerated.
- Individual intolerance to the components.
- Children’s age (up to 6 months).
During pregnancy and lactation, it is not recommended to take it. However, sometimes it is used as a necessary therapy for complicated cases of diseases when other treatment regimens no longer help.
- Capsules for children (Bronchomunal P): 3.5 mg each (10-30 pieces per pack).
- Capsules for adults: 7 mg (10-30 pieces per pack).
It must be taken before meals, once a day is enough. An overdose is unlikely. Over-the-counter leave in pharmacies.
Imudon refers to immunostimulants of natural origin. It consists of a combination of bacterial lysates, which are the causative agents of inflammation of the oral cavity and ENT diseases. It accelerates the production of lysozyme in saliva to fight microorganisms and interferon to restore immunity.
Indications for use:
- Infectious diseases of the pharynx (pharyngitis, tonsillitis).
- Infectious diseases of the oral cavity (glossitis, periodontal disease, stomatitis, gingivitis, dysbiosis, erosion).
It is used as a preventative measure to reduce the risk of reinfection. It is well tolerated, but can cause a negative effect on the body: digestive upset, cough, skin rashes, changes in the hematopoiesis system (thrombocytopenia).
- Increased intolerance to the components.
- Autoimmune diseases.
- Children’s age (up to 3 years).
There are no clinical prohibitions, but still do not recommend it to be used by pregnant or lactating women.
- Resorption tablets 50 mg.
It is advisable to take 1 hour before meals or after, so as not to reduce the therapeutic effect. An overdose is unlikely. Over-the-counter leave in pharmacies.
Similarities of immunostimulants
There are not so many similarities between them, although both are drugs to restore immunity:
- Cope with diseases of the upper and lower respiratory tract.
- They are applicable both in the acute and chronic stages of the disease. They are prescribed for prevention.
- Both immunostimulants can be combined with other medicines.
- They can be purchased at a pharmacy without a prescription.
In their other qualities and compositions, they have differences.
Differences in Immunostimulants
Bronchomunal is called the structural analogue of Imudon, but this is not entirely true:
- The first contains fewer excipients and flavorings.
- Bronchomunal copes only with diseases of the respiratory tract, and the second – even the mouth and throat.
- Imudon can cause problems in the hematopoietic system.
- It is contraindicated in pregnant women and children under 3 years old, while Bronchomunal is allowed in special cases and can be used from 6 months.
- He also has a simpler way of taking, while the doctor prescribes the dose of Imudon individually.
- Bronchomunal can lead to poor health, fatigue, weakness, and rapid fatigue.
- Imudon treatment can be much more expensive.