If you look at the principle of action, then it is almost the same for both drugs. That is why they are able to replace each other. But, nevertheless, you need to consult a doctor who will explain all the nuances to you. It must also be remembered that to date, the effectiveness of each drug has not been proven. That is why, their application is similar.
If we talk about what is best to use and for what cases, then you need to pay attention to a number of contraindications. Cycloferon has more of them, so study them carefully before buying and taking.
For children, you can use both one and the second drug.
The advantage of Tsitovir is that it is available in the form of syrup. Children will not have to swallow tablets and capsules.
Another feature of Tsitovir is that it can be used externally. Cycloferon does not have this.
In any case, each drug can have an effect on your body and help you recover faster. In the future, it should be determined by reviews from people who used the drugs, as well as for personal reasons. And then you can recover much faster.
With the onset of cold weather, a large number of people begin to become infected with respiratory infections. They are provoked by viral particles, which can be removed from your body by starting therapeutic treatment before infection.
These medicines that can help are Cytovir and Cycloferon. They belong to immunostimulating medications and are prescribed for prevention.
Cycloferon is a well-known antiviral medication that is produced in our country. The medicine helps to increase the body’s resistance to various viruses. A distinctive feature is that it has many pharmacological actions.
It is perfect for treating infections of various origins, and also as a means to maintain a normal state of immunity. It is prescribed for immunodeficiency, as well as for HIV infection.
It was developed more than 20 years ago. In his group, he is one of the most optimal in value. Cycloferon can be produced in 3 different variations. In this case, it can be used both internally and externally.
Among the indications for use, the following types of diseases can be noted:
- Viral infection.
- Chronic hepatitis
This is not a complete list, which must be attributed there. Details can be found in the instructions for the medication.
If we talk about contraindications, then they can include:
- Liver disease.
- Not intended for children under 4 years.
- An allergy to the components of the composition may occur.
- Do not use during pregnancy and while breastfeeding.
Application is possible for both children and adults, but you need to be especially careful. It is best to consult with a specialist before doing this.
Tsitovir is another medicine of this kind, which is produced on the territory of our country and allows you to maintain a state of immunity at a stable level. Most often prescribed as a prophylactic.
The medicine is available in capsules, syrup and powders. If we talk about contraindications, then there are the following:
- The presence of diabetes.
- It can not be used for children under 1 year.
- Pregnancy or lactation.
- The occurrence of an allergy to the components of the drug.
- The period of breastfeeding.
The medication interacts well with other drugs. It is used to reduce the symptoms of influenza and SARS.
What do they have in common?
When you encounter colds, you should first pay attention to the use of certain drugs. These are drugs that are almost similar in terms of exposure. That is why, it is necessary to note similar characteristics. The same features include the following:
- The principle of exposure. They are used both for the treatment of colds, and for their prevention.
- Do not use during pregnancy or feeding.
- Each remedy can cause allergic reactions to one or another component.
- Prices are almost the same, which allows you to choose only according to your personal opinion.
- Each of the presented options is available in several variations. Therefore, you can choose the right one for yourself and for your baby.
- There are some age restrictions. For children, the first option can be used from 4 years old, and the second – from 1 year.
- It can be used both for children and adults. But, before use, you still need to consult a doctor.
As you can see, the two drugs have a lot in common. Often they can interchange each other. And if you came to the pharmacy, and you were offered Cycloferon instead of Tsitovir, then you can take it without complaints.
Comparison and Features
If we talk about the distinctive features, then the following should be noted:
- Initially, contraindications possible during use should be considered in detail. Tsitovir has a large amount, in comparison with cycloferon. This is due only to the fact that there are 3 active components in the composition. Each of them can cause side effects, and is contraindicated in certain diseases.
- Release form. Cycloferon can be found in injection ampoules, in the form of tablets, as well as liniment. Tsitovir is available in the form of powder, capsules and syrup.
- For children, there are some limitations that vary between drugs.