“Nimulide” and “Nise” have proven themselves equally well as part of complex therapy for degenerative changes in the joints, spine, and various types of fevers. The choice of medicine depends on the age of the patient and the characteristics of the course of the disease.
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are used to relieve acute and chronic pain. Among the leaders of NSAIDs in Russia is nimesulide. It ranks second in terms of sales. Passed clinical trials, safe and effective compared with aspirin and indomethacin. Nimesulide is available under the trade names Nimulide and Nise.
“Nimulide” eliminates swelling and stiffness in the area of diseased joints. Its chondroprotective effect is confirmed by clinical trials in people suffering from rheumatic lesions of the joints, perineal cartilage, cartilage and spine. It has an antipyretic, analgesic effect.
A decrease in temperature is observed 2 hours after administration . The anti-allergic effect of Nimulide allows you to prescribe it without additional antihistamines. It is metabolized in the liver, excreted from the body during the day.
Nise – and no pain
Nise is a fast – acting and powerful analgesic . Reduction of unpleasant sensations occurs 60 minutes after administration . It has anti-inflammatory and antihistamine effects, a mild antipyretic. Slows down the synthesis of elastase, prevents the destruction of cartilage. It has good penetration into the focus of inflammation. Suppresses the formation of free radicals. It is excreted by the kidneys with urine. The elimination half-life is 5 hours.
Pharmacological actions of NSAIDs
Nimulide and Nise are selective cyclooxygenesis inhibitors 2 . COX 2 synthesizes prostaglandins, substances – mediators of pain and inflammation. Nimesulide block their production, thereby reducing inflammation and reducing pain. The combination of antipyretic, analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects are beneficial in the treatment of chronic diseases of the spine or joints, with symptomatic therapy of ENT organs, urinary tract.
Comparison of Nimulida and Nise
Nimulide is a joint product of the Russian and Indian companies KORAL-MED and PANACEA BIOTEC. Available only for the Russian market. A drug with this name is not supplied to other countries.
In pharmacies you can find the following types:
- Tablets consisting of nimesulide in a dosage of 100 mg in 30 or 100 pcs. Contain: lactose, corn starch, silica, etc.
- Tablets for resorption of 100 mg of nimesulide in 30, 100 pcs. Inactive components: mannitol, sodium carboxymethyl starch, sweetener, sodium methyl parahydroxybenzoate, etc.
- Gel for external use 1%: tubes of 10, 20 or 30 g. The main substance is nemisulide 10 mg. The composition includes: hyprolose, carbomer, ethyl alcohol 95%, water, etc.
- Suspension contains 50 mg of nimesulide. Sold in bottles of 60 ml. Among the additives are: sucrose, xanthan, sorbitol 70%, PEG, etc.
Nise is produced by DR. REDDY`S LABORATORIES in India. The following forms are available for sale:
- Tablets containing nimesulide in an amount of 100 mg, packaged in 10, 20, 100 pcs. Excipients: calcium hydrogen phosphate, fiber, corn starch, etc.
- Water-soluble tablets with a dosage of 50 mg, 10, 20,100 pcs. The active component is nimesulide 50 gr, and also there are: calcium dihydrogen phosphate, cellulose, corn starch, etc.
- Gel for external use 1%, contains 10 g of nimesulide: tubes of 20 g or 50 g. Additives: isopropanol, polyethylene glycol, purified water, etc.
A slight difference in the inactive components affects the tolerance of Nimulide or Nise. Lactose, which is part of some forms of Nimulide, is undesirable for people suffering from lactose deficiency.
Suspension “Nimulide” can be children 2-6 years old
Contraindications are almost the same:
- Allergic reactions to nimesulide and other components of the drug.
- Systemic kidney damage.
- Severe liver failure.
- Hepatitis, cirrhosis.
- Malignant tumors of the liver and kidneys.
- Erosive gastritis and other erosive lesions of the stomach, duodenal ulcer.
- Bearing a child, lactation period.
- Functional disorders of the liver with the use of nimesulide preparations.
- Age up to 12 years (excluding Nimulide suspension).
The use of suspension “Nimulide”
Children 2-6 years old are prescribed “Nimulide” in the form of a suspension – 1.5 mg per 1 kg up to 3 times a day to reduce toothache and postoperative pain. symptomatic treatment of arthritis, and pain with dislocations and sprains. And also as an antipyretic for infections and inflammations of the ears and respiratory tract, such as tonsillitis, pharyngitis, otitis media, tracheobronchitis, etc.
For the treatment of dysmenorrhea in girls 13-18 years old, a suspension is prescribed in the same dosage as for children. “Nimulide” not only relieves pain, but also has a positive effect on impaired blood flow inside the uterus.
The use of gel and tablets “Nimulide”
The gel is used for the symptomatic treatment of bruises, sprains, osteoarthritis, joint pain, arthrosis. It is applied to a sore spot and left to dry completely.
Gel and Tablet Applications
A gel 3 cm long 3-4 times during the day is applied without rubbing with muscle pain, radiculitis, osteochondrosis, to relieve inflammation during sprains.
For injuries, pain, soft tissue inflammation, bursitis, acute febrile illness, respiratory infections, adults and children weighing more than 40 kg are given 1 tablet 2 times a day .
Depending on the patient’s feelings and objective data on the dynamics of the disease, it is possible to replace Nise with Nimulide and vice versa. Both of these drugs have a low risk of side effects, while acting quickly, and precisely on the focus of inflammation and pain.