Both drugs are effectively used to combat high cholesterol.
Omega-3 is used in combination with diet and in conjunction with other forms of treatment. The biological supplement Omega-3 is safer than Omacor in the treatment of cholesterol, since it contains natural natural components, they are absorbed by the body easily and completely processed. But the presence in one capsule of important and useful fatty acids is only 30%, the remaining 70% of the substance does not affect the treatment process. The tool is not replaceable for prophylactic administration in the early stages of the disease.
Omacor is used in treatment when the diet did not help. He has proven himself in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases, arrhythmias, atherosclerosis, and recovery from a heart attack. Proven multiple decrease in mortality after taking the medicine. This is due to the high concentration of therapeutic elements processed to the state of esters, so 84% of the drug contains useful essential acids. But digestibility occurs against the background of side effects and residues of chemical elements left after the manufacture of the medicine.
The question of what tool to use for treatment is decided individually by the consumer. The decision is made depending on the neglect of the disease, tolerance of side effects, doctor’s recommendations, therapeutic effects on the body.
Many different diseases are associated with high blood cholesterol. First of all , the cardiovascular system suffers , cholesterol plaques form on the walls of blood vessels, which do not allow to fully supply organs with blood. Atherosclerosis develops, leading to diseases with the heart and, as a result, to a stroke.
For the treatment and fight against high cholesterol, folk remedies and tinctures are used, follow a diet, but the most effective way is medication. The main means in the fight against cholesterol are the widely used drugs Omacor and Omega-3.
The drug Omacor
Omacor is a drug and consists of polyunsaturated omega-3 acids . It is based on esters of eicosapentaenoic and docosahexaenoic acid. These are the main components that perform a healing effect.
Omacor is designed to lower triglycerides in the blood . Triglycerides are a source of energy in the human body, parallel to the main glucose accumulator. Triglycerides in interaction with cholesterol perform the functions of energy supply to cells.
But their presence in the blood above normal leads to diseases:
- Of cardio-vascular system.
- Diabetes mellitus.
- Obesity of the liver.
Thanks to taking Omacor, the risk of developing a heart attack, stroke, atherosclerosis, coronary heart disease is reduced. Prevents the appearance of cholesterol plaques on the walls of blood vessels. In combination with other drugs, it is used to recover from a heart attack.
Omacor is available in 1000 mg capsules . each one. Determination of dosage and duration of treatment is prescribed by a doctor.
- Allergy to the components of the drug.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Children under 18 years old and older than 70 years.
- Disease and pathology of liver function.
- Severe injuries and recent surgery.
It is a dietary supplement, it contains a huge amount of fatty acids . Omega-3 is one of the most popular types of fatty acids that the body needs. Fats perform irreplaceable functions in the human body: deliver fat-soluble vitamins, form protective layers of internal organs, produce hormones, make up the membrane membrane of all cells.
The human body does not independently produce the polyunsaturated acids Omega-3, which are so needed by the bodies, they enter the body from food. High fatty acid content in seafood, fish, unrefined linseed oil, nuts, seeds. Essentially, Omega-3 is nothing more than 99% fish oil.
It is necessary for:
- Elevated cholesterol.
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system.
- Overweight and obesity.
- Diseases of the endocrine system (diabetes mellitus, thyroid disease).
- Skin diseases (dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis).
- Diseases of the nervous system.
Omega-3 is available in capsule form. It is usually used in complex treatment with other drugs. For the prevention of diseases of the digestive system and central nervous system, 1-2 capsules per day can be used individually. Treatment with Omega-3 should be done after consulting a doctor.
There are contraindications for use:
- Allergy and individual intolerance to the drug.
- Gastrointestinal tract infection.
- Children under 7 years old.
- Diseases and pathology of kidney and liver functions.
- Tuberculosis and pancreatitis.
Common between Omega-3 and Omacor
The basis of the therapeutic element in both substances determines the presence of eicosapentaenoic and docosahexaenoic fatty acids . They are the main substances in the drug effect of drugs on the body.
Both drugs have similar drug effects. They are used in combination with other drugs or diets.
Having the same composition of components, they are used in the treatment of almost the same diseases: atherosclerosis, cardiovascular system, and obesity of the liver.
What is the difference between Omacor and Omega-3
Despite its complete similarity, there are important differences:
- Omacor, in contrast to the biologically active supplement Omega-3, is a drug that has been fully studied by medical organizations and is recognized worldwide.
- Omega-3 as a biological supplement has practically no side effects , while Omacor has more than a dozen of them, including such as: headaches; itching rash; hyperglycemia (a symptom caused by an increase in blood glucose); gastroenteritis development; disorders of the gastrointestinal tract; dysgeusia (change in taste).
- In the presence of the same constituent components in the preparations, Omacor has a concentration of the most important therapeutic elements of eicosapentaenoic and docosahexaenoic acids, almost 3 times higher .
- Omega-3 is dispensed in a pharmacy without a doctor’s prescription and practically has no overdoses. Omacor is a prescription.
- The cost of the drug Omacor is 3-4 times more expensive .