Both medicines are domestic production. Available in the form of a spray, which is very convenient for application. They have the same scope of use – with damage to the surface of the skin of varying severity. Their pharmacological action has a common similarity – quick regeneration, tissue healing, anti-inflammatory properties.
One of the most common types of skin injury is a burn, which can be obtained due to many factors: contact with hot oil, hot appliances, scalding with steam and more.
Especially often, children are exposed to such situations. Therefore, you need to know what to do in such situations as providing first aid, and also be sure to have drugs in your home medicine cabinet for first aid and treatment of the damaged area of the skin. The most effective means for such purposes are Olazol and Panthenol.
Characterization of the drug “Olazol”
It is an antiseptic, disinfectant, wound healing agent of local action. Available in the form of a bottle having a special nozzle, when pressed, foam is formed.
Active substances are:
- Benzocaine – acts as an anesthetic.
- Boric acid – destroys harmful microorganisms.
- Chloramphenicol is an antibiotic.
- Anestezin – instantly eliminates pain.
- Sea – buckthorn oil – restores, softens tissues.
After contact with the skin, anesthesin begins to act first – it eliminates pain in a split second. The antibiotic, together with boric acid, disinfects the damaged area, and the oil softens, regenerates and soothes the skin.
Thanks to this combination of components, the tool has declared itself as effective and safe. In addition, they do not penetrate the bloodstream, so you can not worry about the speed of excretion from the body.
It is prescribed for the following indications:
- Dermatosis of all types, including infectious.
- The presence of trophic ulcers.
- Burns, including sunburn.
- Infectious lesions.
- Various discomfort, itching.
It is not allowed to use during pregnancy, lactation, sensitivity to any component, allergic reaction. It is allowed to use no more than once a day, but in difficult situations, on the recommendation of a doctor, it can be increased up to four times. In case of adverse reactions, such as diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, rash, it is necessary to eliminate the remnants of the drug from the wound, take enterosorbent and consult a doctor.
Characteristic of the Panthenol preparation
It is a drug aimed at treating various types of abrasions, burns, providing an effective healing, regenerating effect. Reduces the inflammatory process, improves cellular metabolism, collagen fibers, and also perfectly moisturizes the skin and fights its dryness. It is well absorbed, filling up the lack of pantothenic acid.
Available in the form of:
- Cream – used mainly from cracks in the chest in nursing women, stretch marks during pregnancy, scars, and also with hemorrhoids.
- Ointment – for the treatment of flaky skin, ulcers and pressure sores.
- Spray – used for burn lesions.
Due to the complex effect, this drug has been widely used not only in medicine, but also in cosmetology for skin and hair care. It is also recommended for children from diaper rash, diaper dermatitis. To heal the wounds received from a burn, a spray agent with a cooling effect is perfect, it should be applied many times.
Comparison, differences, what and for whom it is better to choose
Comparing these medicines, you need to know what the difference between them is in the active substances.
A distinctive feature of Olazol is a large number of components, which allows you to give the greatest effect when fired with boiling water, hot objects and similar cases. If there is a slight sunburn, then it is better to give preference to Panthenol, but if severe redness, blisters occur, you should choose the first drug.
- Means are not analogues, but both have a regenerative, anti-inflammatory, wound healing property.
- Olazol has an additional property – antimicrobial and analgesic, which can not be said about the second remedy.
- They have the same scope, but with a different course of disease.
- Olazol is more effective in case of the development of an infectious process, the second medicine is prescribed if the pathology proceeds without severe complications.
- The composition of Panthenol is the safest, therefore it is allowed for use in the elderly, childhood, during pregnancy and lactation.
- Panthenol has taken pride of place for cosmetic purposes because of the ability to deeply moisturize the skin. It is strictly forbidden to use olazol for these purposes, because it contains a rather aggressive antibiotic of synthetic origin.
Do not forget about safety measures – when in the sun, you must observe the time regime and use protective creams, keep yourself and children away from hot objects, use chemicals with caution.
Based on the analysis, everyone will be able to choose a suitable remedy for themselves, depending on the injury received. Before applying, be sure to read the instructions for use, and in case of severe damage immediately consult a dermatologist. He will evaluate the situation and is guaranteed to be able to choose a treatment regimen.