The drugs under consideration belong to the same pharmacological group of multivitamins . Designed for the treatment of vitamin deficiency, lack of minerals, trace elements. They have similar indications for use, contraindications, adverse reactions. They are also available in the same dosage form, both produced in France. In addition to medical indications, they can be used for preventive purposes by athletes and other persons engaged in active physical activity.
To restore the body’s defenses, replenish vitamins, create various complexes. There are a huge number of them, so it’s hard to figure out a choice. The most popular were Berokka and Supradin.
Characteristics of the drug Berocca
It is a complex of vitamins and minerals , designed to fill the shortage of vitamins of group B, C, magnesium, calcium. Available in the form of orange-flavored effervescent tablets, as well as in film-coated tablets.
Due to its composition, it performs the following functions:
- Stimulation of the formation of bone, connective tissue.
- Normalization of the conductivity of blood vessels.
- Improving the development of the nervous system, providing conditions for the return of impulses to muscles.
- Elimination of overstrain, chronic fatigue, nervousness.
- Improving metabolism in nerve tissue and muscles.
- Help with stressful situations, sleep disturbance.
- Increased absorption of iron in the small intestine.
- Stimulating protein synthesis, fatty acid metabolism.
- The functioning of enzyme systems.
- Replenishment of useful components after taking pills, alcohol, as well as with unbalanced nutrition.
Indications for use are the replenishment of the vitamin deficiency of the body, provoked by various factors, as well as a lack of calcium and magnesium.
Admission is contraindicated in the presence of the following factors:
- An excess of calcium or magnesium in the blood.
- The presence of kidney stones.
- Excessive accumulation of iron.
- Renal failure.
- Hemolytic anemia.
- Food intolerance to fructose.
- Children under the age of fifteen.
- Individual intolerance to the components of the drug.
Caution should be taken by persons with chronic gastritis, pathologies of the intestine, pancreas. It is not recommended to take pregnant and lactating women, with the exception of strict doctor’s testimony.
During use, unwanted side effects may appear:
- Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Urticaria, skin rashes.
- Headache, dizziness, insomnia.
If such reactions occur, the dosage must be reduced, or discontinued.
Characteristics of the drug Supradin
It is a multicomponent drug used to fill the deficiency of vitamins, trace elements. With the help of it, the energy balance is restored, the metabolism improves, the immunity strengthens. Its main goal is the prevention and treatment of vitamin deficiency. It is available in the form of effervescent tablets, as well as film-coated tablets. There are also forms in the form of lozenges and gel
This complex contains 12 vitamins , and also includes minerals necessary for the healthy functioning of the body. Their intake is necessary to strengthen bones, accelerate the healing of wounds, and support the vascular system.
The following main indications for use are distinguished:
- Disease prevention, especially in autumn and winter.
- Improving the condition of hair, nails.
- Acceleration of recovery during illness.
- Lack of vitamins, minerals for various reasons.
- Increased physical activity.
- Taking antibiotics, hormonal drugs.
- Alcohol abuse.
It is also recommended to take the elderly, athletes.
Admission is not allowed in the presence of the following factors:
- Too much vitamin A, D.
- Disturbed exchange of copper and iron.
- High calcium content.
- Impaired renal function.
- Treatment with active vitamin A.
- Sucrose deficiency, food intolerance to fructose.
- Age to twelve years.
- Allergy to peanuts, soy.
- High sensitivity to incoming components.
Undesirable side effects may occur during administration:
- Skin rashes, swelling of the face, redness, itching.
- Pain in the stomach, intestines.
- Violation of the stool, nausea, urge to vomit.
- Migraine, irritability, restless sleep.
After the appearance of such symptoms, administration should be discontinued.
Comparison, differences, what and for whom it is better to choose
Despite similar characteristics, the funds have differences:
- Composition . This is their main difference. Berokka, unlike Supradina, does not contain vitamins A, D, E, iron, manganese, copper, phosphorus.
- Dosage . Berocca includes higher doses of calcium, magnesium, and vitamin C.
- Cost . The price of the first complex is about 630 rubles per pack of 20 effervescent tablets. Supradin will cost more – 750 rubles for 15 pieces.
It is difficult to say which of these complexes is better. The choice will depend on which elements are not enough in the body. People with increased physical activity are more likely to use the Berokka complex. This is due to higher dosages in the composition. However, it is better for women to look at other means, since it is more suitable for men. If you need to support your body as a preventive measure, then Supradina should be preferred. It contains everything you need to strengthen immunity.
Do not forget that vitamins can be not only beneficial. Their overabundance is fraught with serious health problems. Therefore, before taking it, it is recommended to take tests for their content.