Considered medicines belong to one pharmacological group of metabolic agents. They are endowed with general properties, similar indications for use. Beneficial effect on the nutrition of cells, prevent their destruction, improve metabolic processes. Both drugs are used for violation of cerebral vessels, their consequences. They also contribute to the acceleration of blood circulation, prevent cardiac ischemia.
Despite the similar parameters presented, there are some distinguishing features between them:
- Active substance. The active component of Actovegin is a natural substance obtained from the blood of calves. The second remedy contains meldonium, created by chemical means.
- Mechanism of action. Due to the different active ingredients, drugs affect the body in different ways.
- Country of origin. Actovegin is a domestic drug; Mildronate is available in Latvia.
- Price category. The cost of Actovegin is from 600 to 1500 rubles, depending on the dosage and form of release. Mildronate will be cheaper, it can be purchased for an amount from 300 to 750 rubles.
Both products are highly effective. For the treatment of more serious diseases, Actovegin is more often used, since it acts stronger. Mildronate is used to treat milder diseases of the cardiovascular system.
Some doctors use the simultaneous use of these drugs in their practice. Thanks to the combined use, the therapeutic effect is enhanced and the prognosis for recovery is increased.
Another area of their application is sports. They are quite popular among athletes, as they fill the muscles with blood, accelerate recovery after training.
Do not forget that Actovegin and Mildronate are second-line drugs. They are used only for complex therapy, complementing the main treatment. Before use, it is necessary to consult a doctor who can choose the treatment regimen for each patient individually, depending on the characteristics of the body.
Pathologies of the cardiovascular, nervous system affects a large number of people of all ages. One of the causes of such diseases is the disturbed nutrition of cells, which results in a failure of energy metabolism. To avoid such problems, certain medications are used, among which Actovegin and Mildronat have proven themselves well.
Characteristics of the drug Actovegin
It is a drug that activates tissue metabolism, improves cellular nutrition, and also stimulates regenerative processes. It has a positive effect on the transportation and utilization of glucose, oxygen. In addition, it helps to protect nerve cells, improves microcirculation of the circulatory system. The active ingredient is a substance obtained from the blood of calves. It is available in the form of film-coated tablets, as well as injection solutions for intravenous and intramuscular administration.
The main indications for use are:
- Deterioration of memory, mental performance and other disorders of brain activity, including conditions after strokes.
- Violation of peripheral blood circulation, its consequences.
- Diseases of the nervous system resulting from an increase in blood sugar.
The course of treatment is from 4 weeks to 6 months, depending on the diagnosis.
It is not allowed to take in the presence of the following factors:
- Individual intolerance of incoming components.
- Intolerance to fructose, glucose, sucrose.
- Persons under the age of eighteen.
Caution should be taken by women during pregnancy, breastfeeding. Admission is possible according to the strict recommendations of the doctor, if the therapeutic effect exceeds the potential danger to the child.
Side effects are rare. Among them, allergic reactions, skin itching, rashes, urticaria can occur. The drug is well tolerated, there have been no cases of overdose. There is no impact on driving.
Characterization of the drug Mildronate
It is a drug designed to improve cell metabolism. With it, a balance is restored between delivery and the oxygen necessary for the cells. It also eliminates the accumulated toxic metabolic products in the cells, ensuring their protection against damage. Thanks to this, the body adapts more to increased loads, and its reserves are also restored. The active substance is meldonium. Available in the form of gelatin capsules, injection solutions for intravenous, intramuscular administration, as well as for administration under the eyes.
Indications for use are the lack of result with the expended efforts, fatigue, mental and physical fatigue.
Contraindications for use include:
- High sensitivity to incoming substances.
- High intracranial pressure.
- Obstruction of venous outflow.
- Age to eighteen.
- The period of gestation, lactation (if necessary, breastfeeding must be stopped).
Caution should be used in pathologies of the liver, kidneys.
During reception, undesirable side effects may occur:
- Rashes on the skin, redness, itching.
- Nervous overexcitation.
- Accelerated heartbeat.
- Lowering blood pressure.
- Violation of the normal activity of the stomach, difficulty in the process of digestion of food.
- Feeling of general weakness.
In case of an overdose, gastric lavage is necessary.