The drugs in question belong to the same pharmacological group. They contain the same active substance, which means they are absolute analogues of each other. They have general indications for use, practically do not cause side effects, are well tolerated. In addition, they do not interact with other medicines, therefore they are allowed to be taken during treatment with other drugs. Also shown before radiological, ultrasound examinations.
Despite many similar characteristics, there are some distinguishing features between them:
- Country of origin. Meteospasmil is produced in France, the price is about 500 rubles per pack. Espumisan is made in Germany, the cost is from 300 to 600 rubles, depending on the form of release and dosage.
- Release form. The French product is available in only one dosage form, which is not very convenient. Espumisan has several forms.
- Use for children. Meteospasmil is not recommended for children under fourteen years of age. The advantage of Espumisan is the ability to use even for infants. For this, Espumisan Baby was released.
- Composition. Meteospasmil is supplemented with a substance that affects bowel contraction. It has an antispasmodic effect, which reduces pain.
Both remedies have proven themselves on the positive side, have high efficiency, so it is difficult to say which of them is better. Many people prefer to acquire Meteospasmil, since it contains two active substances that enhance each other’s action. Espumisan is more common for treating children.
Despite the fact that these drugs are available without a prescription, it is better to consult a doctor before use to avoid unpleasant consequences, as well as to exclude more serious pathologies. Only he will be able to correctly diagnose, conduct the necessary examinations, as well as prescribe treatment for each patient individually.
A huge number of people are affected by pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract. Very often a person turns to a gastroenterologist, complaining of discomfort in the abdomen, bloating, violation of the stool. To eliminate this symptomatology, certain medications are used. The most popular among them are Meteospasmil and Espumisan.
Characteristics of the drug Meteospasmil
It is a combined drug that reduces the intensity of cramping, pain, gas formation in the intestine. In addition, it helps to reduce the increased tone of smooth muscles, covers the walls of the gastrointestinal tract with a protective membrane, thereby enveloping it.
Active ingredients are alverin citrate, simethicone. Auxiliary components include soybean oil, medium-density fats. It is available in the form of gelatin-coated capsules, inside of which there is a suspension of a thick consistency with a white color.
Take one capsule 2 or 3 times a day before meals, drinking plenty of clean water. The duration of treatment is determined by the attending physician. In case of an overdose, it is recommended to induce vomiting and rinse the stomach, if necessary, call an ambulance.
The main indications for its use are:
- Functional diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Pain in the abdomen.
- Increased gas accumulation.
- Involuntary release of gas through the mouth, a feeling of nausea.
- Violation of the stool.
- The preparatory process for x-rays, ultrasound, instrumental diagnostics of internal organs.
Contraindications are children under 14 years of age, as well as hypersensitivity to incoming components. It is not recommended to take during the period of bearing a child, breastfeeding. An exception may be the case when the therapeutic benefit exceeds the potential risk to the child under the strict supervision of a physician.
Undesirable side effects may include:
- Urticaria (recedes after cessation of admission)
- Swelling of the larynx.
- Anaphylactic shock (extremely rare).
- Impaired liver function.
It is released without a prescription form.
Characterization of the drug Espumisan
It is a medicine that helps get rid of excess gas accumulation in the digestive tract. Available in the form of capsules, sachets with granules, drops for children, emulsions.
It is indicated for the following diseases:
- An excess of gases in the organs of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Excitation of the receptors of the esophagus, stomach.
- Spontaneous ingestion of a large amount of air during meals, followed by belching.
- Gas formation after surgical procedures.
- Preparation for the examination of the pelvic organs so that gas bubbles do not spoil the image quality.
- Violation of the normal activity of the stomach, painful digestion of food.
- Acute intoxication with high foam detergents.
It is not recommended to use if there is:
- Individual intolerance of incoming components.
- Children under six years of age (Espumisan Baby is used for newborns).
- Bowel obstruction.