Doctors can not exactly answer what causes toxicosis. Most tend to believe that this is a consequence of hormonal changes in the body of the future mother, which lead to disruptions in the work of various systems and organs.
Feeling unwell continues until they can adapt to a new state.
In other versions, toxicosis can be caused by:
- the effect on the female organism of the products of vital activity of the embryo
- the immune incompatibility of the woman and the fetus;
- violation of the interaction of the nervous system with internal organs;
- chronic liver and gastrointestinal diseases;
- inflammatory diseases of the genital organs;
- psychological lack of readiness for motherhood;
- genetic predisposition;
- age features;
- unhealthy diet and lifestyle before pregnancy;
- bad habits.
Methods of getting rid of early toxicosis
Universal means of how to get rid of toxemia does not exist. It is necessary to combat its manifestations in a complex.
Should strive to lead a healthy lifestyle:
- More time to spend on the street, walk in the park or square at least 1 hour per day.
- Ventilate the room where you are.
- Allocate enough time to rest.
- Do sleep at least 8 hours.
- Refrain from stress.
- Protect yourself from stress.
- To refuse from bad habits.
- Go to the fractional food: eat more often, but in small portions.
- To consume more fluid – many people can help relieve nausea with alkaline water or mint tea.
- Try to refuse spicy and fatty foods. It is better to eat light foods.
- Prefer non-hot liquid or semi-liquid dishes.
Do not forget to use dairy products – they will be useful not only for you, but also for the unborn child. The main thing is to listen to the body and eat what does not cause you nausea.
To avoid morning sickness, do not get up abruptly out of bed after sleep, let yourself lie down for a while. At this time, you can eat an apple, yogurt or some nuts.
Try to avoid irritants that can cause nausea.
Oral rinsing with broths of mint, sage or chamomile can help with copious salivation. Beneficial effect on the stomach, stop spasms and soothe the nerves decoction of peppermint, yarrow, valerian and calendula.
Some pregnant women to defeat a strong toxemia helps aromatherapy. To get rid of morning sickness, put a few drops of mint essential oil on a handkerchief and place it at the head of the bed. In case of sudden attacks of nausea, it is recommended to rub a drop of ginger oil in your palms, bring it to your nose and inhale several times.
Having decided not to try any means for yourself, remember that each organism is individual, and what is good for one can adversely affect the other.
Causes of late toxicosis
There are many reasons for late toxicosis. Increase the risk of preeclampsia can:
- a small interval between births;
- pregnancy earlier than 18 years;
- chronic fatigue;
- insufficient uterus extensibility, which can occur during polyhydramnios or multiple pregnancies;
- hormonal disorders;
- diseases of the heart or blood vessels;
- chronic hypertension;
- kidney disease;
- diseases of the genital organs, having an inflammatory nature;
- improper diet;
- change of habitual way of life or daily regimen;
- colds and flu without appropriate treatment.
What is toxicosis
“Toxicosis” in Greek means “poison” or “poisonous”. Under this concept is meant the intoxication of the body – a painful condition caused by the action of harmful substances.
Toxicosis is divided into 2 types:
- Early toxemia – occurs from 5 to 7 weeks after conception, but it may disturb some women from the first week, and ends in the third month of pregnancy. His companions are nausea in the morning, weakness, vomiting, drowsiness, increased salivation, loss of appetite, irritability, a change in taste preferences and weight loss can occur.
- Late toxicosis – appears in the second half of pregnancy and worries a smaller number of pregnant women. It is called preeclampsia and is accompanied by internal and external edema, increased pressure, the presence of protein in the urine. This type of toxicosis is considered dangerous because it can harm the fetus.
Toxicosis in early pregnancy can have different degrees of severity. In its normal course, vomiting occurs no more than 5 times a day, nausea can be permanent or variable, weight loss can occur – no more than 5% of what it was before pregnancy.
With severe toxicosis, vomiting can occur up to 20 times a day. There is a breakdown, irritability, a large weight loss – more than 5 kg, exhaustion and dehydration. This condition requires hospital treatment.
Prophylaxis of toxicosis
To reduce the risk of preeclampsia, pregnant women are advised to adhere to proper nutrition and a healthy, moderately active lifestyle. Salty foods and foods that cause fluid retention should be discarded.
It is recommended to regularly visit the doctor, in time to pass all examinations and to be tested.