You will seldom meet a person without small dark markings on the body. Is it worth to pay on them attention?
Only a doctor can distinguish between hazardous and non-hazardous mole – malignant melanoma or a nevus and will give recommendations on what to do with them. Should I be concerned with the appearance of new lesions, when you need immediate access to experts, what are the signs of cancer – the answers to these questions have yet to learn.
From disaster no one is immune, and early diagnosis will prevent severe consequences.
What is a mole
The first tiny spots may appear in children grudnichkovye age.
A mole is a small education on skin – a nevus, which is considered to be benign, harmless. The basis of their appearance – melanocytes cells that accumulate natural pigment melanin.
Depending on the number of observed difference in coloration. Meet the colors:
The location and concentration of melanin depends on the shape of the tumors. They may have a leg or be placed under the skin to be flat and convex.
Common type – round, but there are exceptions.
The development of tumors provokes ultra – violet light natural from the sun in the Solarium.
It is not excluded genetic factors.
Common cause education is a hormonal imbalance characteristic periods:
What are the moles
One person can discover they had very different neoplasms.
Types of moles klassificeret on several grounds. It helps correct diagnosis in case of changes.
They differ in:
- origin – congenital, acquired;
- structure – pigment, vascular;
- the place of education in depth, on the surface, in the boundary layer;
- elevation above the skin is flat and smooth, protruding hemisphere, on the leg, birthmarks are larger in size;
- potential threats – threat, reborn in melanoma, non-hazardous.
Having the skin dark spots, you should be attentive to their changes. In time the signs of rebirth in melanoma, contributing to the timely removal of education, the preservation of health.
Safe moles are different:
- the presence of legs – it can not generate malignant cells that proliferate randomly;
- long as no changes.
Not considered hazardous stains, which appeared soon after birth. It is important that they had small sizes.
To good – non-hazardous – signs of tumors include:
- flesh tint;
- unchanged pattern of the skin of the nevus and surrounding tissue;
- soft consistency;
- the hair on the surface of the tumors is growing out of the skin, talking about the absence of pathology;
- diameter of not more than 5 mm;
- nevus in the form of spots.
What are moles dangerous
Why people with on the body nevi, need to track their changes? There is always the threat of degeneration of benign tumors into cancer.
What are moles dangerous for health?
The main risaki that you need to know:
- changing the shades of the dark side, the appearance of polychromy;
- the rapid increase in size – more than two millimeters a year;
- the occurrence of cracks;
- education of asymmetry due to non-uniform growth;
- lack of elasticity;
- the emergence of itching, burning;
- the presence of discomfort.
The emergence of dangerous moles requires the immediate attendance of the expert to clarify the nature of changes in the likelihood of developing skin cancer.
Pathological transformations provoked by:
- nevus injury due to negligence;
- self removal;
- the abuse of exposure to the sun, use a Solarium;
- location of education in places of frequent contact with the clothing of the neck, the head, genitals;
- the location of the hair, the face, the palms – where there is a high probability of injury;
- earlier remote melanoma.
What dangerous moles
The sudden proliferation of cells benign moles are not protected a single person. Melanoma is an extremely serious disease. Not revealed at the initial stage of changes can be fatal.
Precipitating factor is a failure of self-destruction of tumors.
Dangerous moles ability:
- go to abnormal – pre-cancerous;
- to grow to a large size;
- to turn into cancer;
- with small external changes actively spread metastases throughout the body via the circulatory, lymphatic channel.
The importance of melanoma from nevus
Degeneration of nevus into a cancerous formation may pass in different ways. The process depends on the stage of the disease, the type of tumor.
Threat are instant metastases. Begins:
- the growth of cancer cells in the deeper layers of the epidermis;
- hit them in the blood, lymph;
- penetration into the lungs, liver, kidneys;
- the growth in these organs;
- total defeat of the body;
See phase of growth of the pigment cells in which melanoma develops from a mole. Distinguish types:
- horizontal – there is a loss of the upper layers of the skin, lasting up to 10 years, while metastases do not appear;
- vertical – accompanied by the spread of cancer cells in organs, can last two years, has a poor prognosis;
- hub – a particularly dangerous – different in-depth distribution within two months.
The first signs of melanoma
To assist the patient only with the early detection of changes. Performed diagnostics, research, referral to treatment operational way to save someone’s life.
The first signs of melanoma:
- the increase in the height of tumors;
- the appearance of secretions;
- burning, itching;
- swelling of tissues;
- softening of the nevus;
- the appearance of the crust;
- hair loss;
- the extension of pigmentation around the lesion.
With the further development of the threat of melanoma are observed:
- a significant change in size;
- the onset of pain;
- swollen lymph nodes;
- ulceration of the surface.
- the formation of new lesions;
- bleeding from areas of pigmentation;
- the separation of liquids;
- thickening of the skin;
- the appearance of her earthy hue;
- signs of metastases, chronic cough, weight loss, cramps, headaches.
How to distinguish a mole from a melanoma
In order to recognize which moles hazardous and non-hazardous, you must know how they look.
People with nevi to prevent the terrible consequences should continually monitor the emergence of new entities, the changes.
To distinguish nevus from melanoma symptoms.
- symmetrical; smooth edges;
- uniform in color;
- with dimensions not exceeding 6 mm.
Especially dangerous melanoma requiring referral to specialists-dermatologists:
- the growth in the short term;
- pronounced asymmetry;
- the heterogeneity of color – the presence of inclusions of several shades;
- the lack of a clear boundary – line contour blurred, jagged, resembles the coast on a geographical map;
- the increased diameter in excess of six millimeters;
- the variability of any parameter – color, size, shape.
How to look dangerous moles
How to watch the nevi, susceptible to pathological changes? To correctly distinguish between benign tumors will only a doctor.
Threat of education are as follows:
- blue – seal under the skin with clear boundaries, with dimensions not exceeding 10 mm;
- nodular – shaped, round, flat, brown, black;
- skin is often pale, convex;
- halo nevus pigment, surrounded by a white ring;
- Spitz – like dome-shaped tumor of pink shades, with a possible presence of holes, through which leaking blood, fluid;
- connective – connects separate entities into a whole.
Mole with uneven edges
One of the signs of benign transformation of education in threat – changing contours. Often he observed a fuzzy edge, scalloped form borders.
There are harmless types of nevi – dysplastic. Correct diagnosis is able to make only a specialist.
A mole with jagged edges can be dangerous in case of any signs of a developing melanoma:
- rapid changes in size;
- the presence of a distinct asymmetry;
- the occurrence of deeply cut in the shape of the boundaries.
Such a neoplasm is benign if the diameter is not more than 5 mm and keeps a constant size. Often his appearance indicates lack of vitamins, malnutrition.
Doctors advise to come on consultation, if it finds that:
- smooth nevus became rough;
- worried burning, itching, tingling;
- in the middle appeared uneven, seals;
- formed with areas of different shades;
- significantly increased diameter.
Threat rough the mole should be investigated immediately in case of:
- the appearance of bleeding;
- the development of the inflammatory process;
- rapid changes in size;
- formation asymmetry;
- the formation of purulent secretions;
- the occurrence of painful sensations at the touch;
- the emergence of irregular shape, with fuzzy boundaries at the edges of tumors.
The formation of skin large size – brown spots. When they remain unchanged, not an inconvenience, is a harmless phenomenon. It is important to constantly monitor their form, color, size.
To eliminate disturbances, it is necessary to consult a doctor or dermatologist. During the visit, the specialist will conduct a diagnosis, give a prognosis of risk of development of malignant neoplasms.
Large moles become dangerous if they:
- started to itch;
- was unsuccessfully removed independently;
- changed in size, shape;
Which moles can be removed
Nevi often cause trouble to women, being in a prominent place, – the face, neck. Even if they do not bother to use the removal is the right decision – the appearance will improve dramatically.
The doctor after the procedure should be sure to send the tissue for histological analysis to solve mole is malignant or not.
If the tumor is harmless, do not bother, do not change sizes – operation not required.
Specialists think that no contraindications exist; it is important to choose the right method of excision.
You should carefully treat the skin tumors, it is unacceptable to use their self-destruction. Only the doctor will determine the hazardous or non-hazardous nevus, decide what to do with it.
Can be removed if:
- injured from clothing – at the neck, in the groin area, armpits;
- cause soreness during the touch;
- under the hair on the head, can be damaged by scratching, cutting;
- change color, form, shape;
- significantly increase in size;
- distinguished by the presence of itching, burning;
- accompanied by inflammation, bleeding.