Devised by a Cambridge scientist, Lumity Skin’s Nutrient Face Oil has garnered something of a cult following and is already receiving rave reviews online.
Women are queuing up in their thousands for a £60 facial oil that promises to turn back the clock thanks to a potent blend of plant oils. But if you want to get your hands on a bottle you’re out of luck as the miracle oil – dubbed a ‘phytonutrient powerhouse’ – is completely sold out with a waiting list of 2,000.
Billed as ‘the most high tech oil on the market’ due to its blend of 32 natural plant ingredients, the product that’s beloved by celebrities including Helena Christensen shifted 10,000 bottles on its launch and is now completely sold out.
Anti-ageing in a bottle: The sold-out oil (£60 for 30ml, lumitylife.co.uk) is infused with spicy vetiver and may chang, an evergreen shrub, which gives it a punchy citrus scent.
Cambridge-educated skin scientist Sara Palmer Hussey is the brains behind the sell-out formula, which saw some 73 per cent of women achieve a reduction in fine lines and wrinkles in just four weeks according to a study of 100 people.
Among its wonder ingredients is green coffee seed oil which contains chromogenic acid – a powerful antioxidant known to boost elastin and collagen production in the skin. It also contains centella asiatica extract, dubbed ‘the fountain of youth’, which helps to boost blood flow, giving the skin an instant pick me up.
The sold-out oil (£60 for 30ml, lumitylife.co.uk) is infused with spicy vetiver and may chang, an evergreen shrub, which gives it a punchy citrus scent.
Dr. Sara Palmer Hussey is the brains behind the sell-out formula, which saw some 73 per cent of women achieve a reduction in fine lines and wrinkles in just four weeks in a study
Dr Palmer Hussey also added host of regenerative amino acids and omega 3-6-9 fatty acids which are critical for cell growth, protection, healing and repair in the skin.
She told FEMAIL: ‘I wanted to cover all the skin’s needs in one product, so I selected each ingredient as the best source of specific nutrients that together provide the full range of optimal nourishment the skin craves.’
The magic formula: Nutrient Face Oil’s wonder ingredients
- Green coffee seed oil Contains chromogenic acid which boosts skin’s elastin and collagen production, and helps protect from sun’s rays
- Centella asiatica helps to boost blood flow, giving the skin an instant pick me up
- Amino acids and omega 3-6-9 fatty acids Critical for cell growth, protection, skin healing and repair
- Passion flower seed oil Stimulates collagen and elastin production
- Baobab seed oil Packed with vitamins and has a positive effect on cell membrane absorption levels
- Marula oil Rich in Vitamin C and E and speeds up healing. Its high quality oleic acid and phytosterol content improve strength, suppleness and firmness.
How to use Lumity’s face oil
1. STEP ONE
Apply several drops of the facial oil morning and night before, with or instead of a moisturiser.
2. STEP TWO
Massage and gently pat into your face and neck to target fine lines and wrinkles.
3. STEP THREE
Within four weeks you should start to notice that your skin is functioning more optimally.